Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 02-15-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm 100% for Wilson here.

He officially won me over in the Jets game when he took it upon himself to ruin their season and tarnish Brett Favre's comeback.

The last time a CB took down Favre was Corey Webster in the NFCCG in 07. Since that overtime pick, Webster has developed into one of the top CBs in the league. Here's hoping the same happens for Wilson!
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

He officially won me over in the Jets game when he took it upon himself to ruin their season and tarnish Brett Favre's comeback.

The last time a CB took down Favre was Corey Webster in the NFCCG in 07. Since that overtime pick, Webster has developed into one of the top CBs in the league. Here's hoping the same happens for Wilson!
That's classic.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I chose to forget about that, but your right. He showed me something in that game. Thinking back on it, he also managed to create a couple turn overs in other games as well. If he shows that knack again this year he may even deserve to be called a ballhawk...

cacksman: Jennnings will not start next season. He lost his job and unless Trufant or Wilson gets hurt, it won't happen. The front office and coaching staff badly wanted Jennings to succeed, and he failed. If it was just one bad week, then Jennings would have been starting again after a week for him to get his act together. He never regained his starting job and your still blowing his horn. You say I know nothing about football, but your basing your entire argument on a comparison to Trufant that is a huge stretch IMO.

A first round pick has to prove they can't play before they are removed from the line-up. Jennings was given two and a half years to show that he was worthy of being the starter and he ended up losing his spot. Face it, Jennings is not the answer.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not that big of a Wilson fan, but I'd rather have him starting over Jennings.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie

cacksman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
I chose to forget about that, but your right. He showed me something in that game. Thinking back on it, he also managed to create a couple turn overs in other games as well. If he shows that knack again this year he may even deserve to be called a ballhawk...

cacksman: Jennnings will not start next season. He lost his job and unless Trufant or Wilson gets hurt, it won't happen. The front office and coaching staff badly wanted Jennings to succeed, and he failed. If it was just one bad week, then Jennings would have been starting again after a week for him to get his act together. He never regained his starting job and your still blowing his horn. You say I know nothing about football, but your basing your entire argument on a comparison to Trufant that is a huge stretch IMO.

A first round pick has to prove they can't play before they are removed from the line-up. Jennings was given two and a half years to show that he was worthy of being the starter and he ended up losing his spot. Face it, Jennings is not the answer.
I guess we will see. I'll be here to say I told you so.
cacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not one to throw away a guys career so soon, but neither seem to be worldbeaters, and thats what I feel Jenkins is/will be. Teams stopped throwing towards him in college to the point where you could tell where they were going. He is great at breaking on the ball and making the play. I see DB as need three:
1. WR.
2. OLB in Hill's spot
3. DB.
4. OT
Now if we think we can get a guy like Delmas rd. 2 then I say we go for Crabtree. Or if we think Sintim will drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie

cacksman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
I'm not one to throw away a guys career so soon, but neither seem to be worldbeaters, and thats what I feel Jenkins is/will be. Teams stopped throwing towards him in college to the point where you could tell where they were going. He is great at breaking on the ball and making the play. I see DB as need three:
1. WR.
2. OLB in Hill's spot
3. DB.
4. OT
Now if we think we can get a guy like Delmas rd. 2 then I say we go for Crabtree. Or if we think Sintim will drop.
You think CB is a bigger need than Safety? I'd really like to hear your argument why.
cacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacksman View Post
You think CB is a bigger need than Safety? I'd really like to hear your argument why.
I dont, but there is no value for a Safety at #4. thats why it says DB is need three. Even look down and I said we should look at someone like Delmas in round 2 to fill safety needs. But Jenkins is an elite corner that is worth the #4 selection. Had Mays of stayed in the draft, i'd say he is worth the selection at #4.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can play "what if" all day (and I will at least one more time), but we wouldn't be having any Crabtree vs. Jenkins/any other pick discussions if Mays had stayed in the draft. FS is by far our biggest need and Mays would have been great. If we fail to address our need this year (Ruskell would need to be fired for one...), we might have the opportunity to take either Eric Berry or Taylor Mays next year, since one of them has to fall.

jballa is right though, Jenkins looks to have all the tools to be a shutdown corner in the NFL. I really have never understood these people saying that he projects better as a safety. Some have a lot more experience and tools at their disposal than I do, but Jenkins appears to be a legitamate shutdown corner. I think a lot of it comes from people who have been nitpicking his game so much because he went back to college for his senior year.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
We can play "what if" all day (and I will at least one more time), but we wouldn't be having any Crabtree vs. Jenkins/any other pick discussions if Mays had stayed in the draft. FS is by far our biggest need and Mays would have been great. If we fail to address our need this year (Ruskell would need to be fired for one...), we might have the opportunity to take either Eric Berry or Taylor Mays next year, since one of them has to fall.

jballa is right though, Jenkins looks to have all the tools to be a shutdown corner in the NFL. I really have never understood these people saying that he projects better as a safety. Some have a lot more experience and tools at their disposal than I do, but Jenkins appears to be a legitamate shutdown corner. I think a lot of it comes from people who have been nitpicking his game so much because he went back to college for his senior year.
Completely disagree that Mays over Crabtree would even be our final decision, let alone a no-brainer.

About Mays/Berry- I guarantee Berry goes before Mays. Berry is one of the best safety prospects ever. He might even be the first (?) safety to go #1 overall depending on who drafts first. I doubt he goes anywhere but top five. Mays on the other hand could potentially drop to the bottom half of round one where we will be picking at #32.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Completely disagree that Mays over Crabtree would even be our final decision, let alone a no-brainer.

About Mays/Berry- I guarantee Berry goes before Mays. Berry is one of the best safety prospects ever. He might even be the first (?) safety to go #1 overall depending on who drafts first. I doubt he goes anywhere but top five. Mays on the other hand could potentially drop to the bottom half of round one where we will be picking at #32.
Mays can really do anything, and him running sub 4.4s, which he is reported to have ran, makes him a top safety prospect. I agree Eric Berry is the best Safety prospect since ST. But Mays could have easily gone over crabtree.

Quote: