Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 02-12-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The year before Thomas was brought in, right? I recall the run D being very soft up the middle. EDIT: maybe I'm thinking wrong here . . . maybe it was when Rosy got hurt and Thomas had to move outside. I'll have to look into it more.

Anyway - I'm looking around the draft forum section for something along the lines of a dedicated LB prospect discussion. Unsuccessful so far . . . is there something like that on the forum? Or is it all player by player, mocks, and stock falling/rising?

Or should I just complete the thread jack and ask here? :)

Basically I'm curious about LBs (ILB & OLB) value by round and D type. Who will fit the Pats 3-4 vs. a Tampa 2 type guy, and who would be the always favored "versatile" guy that could project as ILB or OLB. (--> Cushing?)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
The year before Thomas was brought in, right? I recall the run D being very soft up the middle. EDIT: maybe I'm thinking wrong here . . . maybe it was when Rosy got hurt and Thomas had to move outside. I'll have to look into it more.

Anyway - I'm looking around the draft forum section for something along the lines of a dedicated LB prospect discussion. Unsuccessful so far . . . is there something like that on the forum? Or is it all player by player, mocks, and stock falling/rising?

Or should I just complete the thread jack and ask here? :)

Basically I'm curious about LBs (ILB & OLB) value by round and D type. Who will fit the Pats 3-4 vs. a Tampa 2 type guy, and who would be the always favored "versatile" guy that could project as ILB or OLB. (--> Cushing?)
AT played inside that year. That's why he was a nonfactor as a passrusher. He was playing out of position, and personally I was never quite so clear why. There was a lot of discussion about it on this forum, but I'm not sure where it all went. Probably pruned.

Vrabel played inside on and off for the years before. It's really hard to say. In his hundred tackle season he spent a fair amount of time inside.

As far as linebackers go, I'll come up with a list of guys I think could be a decent fit for us inside in a bit. Have to go resolve some personal issues, but I'll be sure to get back to you on that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd appreciate that.

I expect a full report on my desk in the morning, and don't forget the cover sheet.

:)

Old 02-12-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I'd appreciate that.

I expect a full report on my desk in the morning, and don't forget the cover sheet.

:)
Dont forget to file those for me since you're my Admin Asst. ;)

and STOP JACKING OFF IN MY THREAD

focus to the on the topic!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thomas was a lot better at ILB than he's been at OLB for the Pats. I'd love to see him moved back inside. He was such a great playmaker on the inside...

It was unfortunate that he had to be moved to the outside. I do like Vrabel better on the inside, but he doesn't like playing there for some reason...

For OLB's, TBC was cut by SF - I'd love to see him back with the Pats. He was creating some serious havoc in the backfield towards the end of his last year in New England.

As far as prospects go, for ILBs in a 3-4, oftentimes good prospects are the bigger true 4-3 college OLB's. A guy I like is Lee Robinson out of Alcorn State. Laurinitis is somewhat questionable, as a 3-4 ILB, but if he didn't have to start right away, he could be damn good. I also like Scott McKillop and Robert Francois

It's somewhat slim pickins at ILB for 3-4 teams this year, but if the Pats can get a smart player who has a frame with room to grow, they could find themselves a real gem in some of these prospects...
________
Park Royal 2 Condominium Prathumnak

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 07:45 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are definitely the core of our team. Seymour's presence his rookie year was so noticable, he made a huge impact on our defense and helped lead us to a SB as a rookie. To this day he is a superb player an Wilfork/Warren have emerged as stars as well. None of them will put up super stats, they aren't asked to (even though Seymour has had some great statistical seasons and Warren has had 1 or 2), but they do their jobs better than any DL in the league. We cannot afford to lose them and I agree they are the 3 most valuable players on our team with Brady, Mayo, Mankins, Welker, and maybe Meriweather right behind them. Now we need to get a secondary behind the big 3 and some more LB help.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Logan Mankins could be a free agent after 2009 too. I say could be because, if the league continues on with the current CBA and enters uncapped 2010, he'll be a RFA for '10 and then an UFA in '11.

Pats got some serious work to do.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I fully expect Wilfork to be re-signed for the reasons that others have mentioned. Seymour will be costly, and at his age with his injury past, I doubt we are able to re-sign him on our terms, which really really sucks. Although I would rather take some of that money and use it to re-sign Mankins who is a beast of a guard and should be a mainstay on our o-line (that and i have his authentic jersey, so I'll be pissed if he's gone :) )
Old 02-13-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sign Wilfork, Franchise Seymour.

Why has nobody talked about us Franchising him next year???
Old 02-13-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellonEarth84 View Post
Sign Wilfork, Franchise Seymour.

Why has nobody talked about us Franchising him next year???
I mentioned that awhile ago I think. I think Seymour would fight it though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could they make a run at Jarron Gilbert in the 2nd or Tyson Jackson if he fell to the chiefs pick then send Seymour packing?
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seymour will be a Pat this season, but I definitely could see us looking at a guy like Gilbert or Jackson in the second if they think Seymour is walking after next season. I don't want to see big Rich go anywhere, but a lot of teams are going to want him since he is an elite 3-4 DE.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:45 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

^ Agreed. They could target a replacement for next year, but Seymour won't be traded this year. If contract talks stall out he will get franchised next year so the Pats have the opportunity to get something for him.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I mentioned that awhile ago I think. I think Seymour would fight it though.
Ya, I don't think he'd take being franchised well at all...
________
Avandia law

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 08:04 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Can't say as I blame him. That won't change the team's decision, though.