Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-13-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
McSealson1
Rookie

McSealson1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Joaquin Pheonix on David Letterman

This entire interview is hysterical. He's either on some serious drugs, is putting on a show, or is completely serious about his new direction.

To be honest, I buy it. He gets more and more pissed off as Letterman plays off his mood.

Is anyone else buyin it? And what about his upcoming hip hop career?

He is a tremendously talented actor, it'd be a shame to lose him to a mental breakdown.

Here's the interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXpYk7WGN5Y

PM me if you can make sigs

Last edited by McSealson1 : 02-13-2009 at 11:02 AM.
McSealson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its pretty funny but I just wanna know why. Letterman is not the place to go, remember his field day with that Illinois Senator? Phoenix is completely serious about his new "direction", whatever the hell that may be. Depressed R&B singer with a Reggae look is cool now?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched the entire interview last night.. Letterman was kinda hammering him pretty hard, but god he deserved it. Letterman was right on when he said, "I'll come to your house and chew gum"

Phoenix was being a dbag. Why show up if your gonna give one word answers and piss on all his questions? He kept playing with his fingers, reminded me of a late night interview with Chris Farley when he was on drugs... just a thought

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:58 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its a shtick.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is old news but I cannot wait to hear his awful rap.

best part of his being Letterman was the last line, "well, Joaquin, sorry you couldn't be here tonight"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:28 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's part him being high, part him gaining attention/notoriety for his 'documentary' being directed by Casey Affleck.

But abusing drugs is something that runs in the Phoenix family.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:29 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
It's part him being high, part him gaining attention/notoriety for his 'documentary' being directed by Casey Affleck.

But abusing drugs is something that runs in the fenikz family.
truth

ten10

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:32 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
truth

ten10
You're so ***** ~
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:43 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Watched the entire interview last night.. Letterman was kinda hammering him pretty hard, but god he deserved it. Letterman was right on when he said, "I'll come to your house and chew gum"
Then he gets pissed, takes his gum out and sticks it under Dave's desk. That was hilarious.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has to be a joke.....right?
Old 02-13-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read somewhere that the Casey Affleck/Joaquin thing may be a This Is Spinal Tap type of documentary. At least, I hope that is the case.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I read somewhere that the Casey Affleck/Joaquin thing may be a This Is Spinal Tap type of documentary. At least, I hope that is the case.
Yea once I heard Affleck was filming him at his shows and stuff, I figure it's a rouse. I think he's going Andy Kaufman on us.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he really looks intoxicated

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that's probably how he is.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved the, "How was your time with the unibomber?" crack.

I think Letterman takes himself too serious, so I enjoyed it. Joaquin has had strange interviews in the past, so this is just Joaquin bein' Joaquin.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I think Letterman takes himself too serious
You must not watch his show much. To accuse Letterman of taking his show seriously is ridiculous. We're talking about a guy who would have some lady walk a goat in front of the camera at random and laugh about it.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:08 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't watch him very much. I'm more of a Leno guy myself. But I was talking about Letterman himself and not his show.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:12 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ew, Jay Leno...
Old 02-14-2009, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can tell the whole thing is staged. You can see Joaquin reach for his gum quick and scrape it off right before they went to the preview. He also takes off his sunglasses stands up quick and shakes Letterman's hand at the end of the interview, as Letterman says "well done." I think it's pretty clear that he was in on it too.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:21 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:32 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
You can tell the whole thing is staged. You can see Joaquin reach for his gum quick and scrape it off right before they went to the preview. He also takes off his sunglasses stands up quick and shakes Letterman's hand at the end of the interview, as Letterman says "well done." I think it's pretty clear that he was in on it too.
Upon further review, Boston is correct. Phoenix does stand up, take off his sunglasses and shake hands with Letterman. Also, some of the lines that Letterman uses seem too prepared.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:57 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Totally a bit to raise some publicity for the upcoming mockumentry....
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:01 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Upon further review, Boston is correct. Phoenix does stand up, take off his sunglasses and shake hands with Letterman. Also, some of the lines that Letterman uses seem too prepared.
OMG THEY SHOOK HANDS! STAGED!

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Dude, did you watch the last 2 seconds before they roll the clip and the last 5 seconds of the interview? It's obviously staged.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco31fb View Post
I think he's going Andy Kaufman on us.
I forgot about this. Remember, everyone, that Letterman was part of the Kaufman/Jerry Lawler hoax.