Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 02-15-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guyton was a great find as a UDFA but I agree that he is better suited to be a backup/special teamer than a starter, but I still am high on him. He is versatile and very athletic and will at worst be a stud special teamer and backup. Crable is going to be a beast, can't wait to see him healthy. Woods has a ton of ability but he hadn't really proven much, but he made strides late last season. Redd is another talented guy who hasn't proven anything but the ability is there.

I think we go LB in the first round (Maybin, English, Sintim most likely) due to the 3-4 LB class being pretty top-heavy. There will be some solid DBs available in the second round and I think we will wait to address the secondary until then.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I like the idea of drafting English or Sintim.
I'm not sold on Cushings though. I guess I'm the only one.
Don't really know why- just doesn't seem to be the answer for me.
I like Cushing as an ILB in the 3-4 beside Mayo. Probably won't be that good of an OLB in the 34 though. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellonEarth84 View Post
I like Cushing as an ILB in the 3-4 beside Mayo. Probably won't be that good of an OLB in the 34 though. We'll have to wait and see.
Actually, I like him as an ILB.
I just got the sense everyone wanted him as an OLB and that just doesn't do it for me.
Yea, I can see him being affective in the middle with Mayo.

The thing is that at that 1st rd spot- I think we should be going after a English/Simtim type guy. OLB-pass rusher.

That's why I don't like the pick of Cushings.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to see us make a run at Channing Crowder, he and Mayo would be pretty nasty in the middle but I think we look for someone through the draft. Cushing could be a pretty decent fit inside, but as Nalej said I think a guy like English/Sintim or even Clay Matthews would be our best bet and have them begin at OLB.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Belichick seemed to be a big fan of Crowder when he was drafted. I think his injuries kept the Pats from taking him. He still has injury issues, but I could see them trying to go after him.

Outside of Crowder, Bart Scott, and maybe Angelo Crowell (injury-prone), there aren't a lot of great long-term options at ILB for the Pats. Tons of nice stop-gaps, though.
________
WEB SHOWS

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 06:53 AM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crowder and Matt Light on the same team? AHHH lol
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot to mention that they don't have the money for any of those guys, so it's irrelevant... Stop-gaps like Takeo Spikes are the way to go for the Pats.
________
GLASS PIPES

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 06:53 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:53 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Yay for Tully coming back! He didn't do anything in SF, but I've got a hunch that has more to do with SF than TBC. Should just about completely eliminate the need at OLB.
________
VAPORIZER VIDOES

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 06:55 AM.