Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-13-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2009 NCAA Baseball Thread

Baseball has begun and I am really looking forward to a young ASU squad. This weekend, we play the school of current NFLDC member yodachu as we go up against UW-Milwaukee.

If anyone wants to take a look at possibly the toughest schedule in NCAA, look no further than ASU: http://thesundevils.cstv.com/sports/...ebl-sched.html

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wvu baseball sucks

but college world series=FTW

so much fun

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
wvu baseball sucks

but college world series=FTW

so much fun
Seriously last year's CWS was awesome. I like how ESPN is actually doing more coverage of it every year.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TAMU baseball FTW! #5 in the coaches poll!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's go Canes!

Losing Erickson for the season hurts, but they still have the stud known as Chris Hernandez ready to go. Freshman of the Year last year.

They lost A LOT of offense, but that whole lineup was stacked and while they won't put up quite the numbers they did last year, I still feel they'll be up there in terms of runs scored at the end of the year.

I don't see them getting back to Omaha this year, but they'll definitely make the SR's as a 1 or 2 seed.

Team is young, but they have a lot of room to grow.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Steve Perry

Keep a look out for Illinois
Old 02-13-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great thread, there are a few players I'm following closely this year. As for ASU I can see them winning the CWS, despite losing half of their recruiting class they still have a hell of a frosh class with Johnny Ruettiger and Riccio Torrez and still have players like Mike Leake and Jason Kipnis to boot. Going to be a great year all around.

DJP, I got I'm following on Miami, new recruit from a JC in Texas. He was a catcher/infielder in JC and a 10th Round Pick last year for the Orioles who didn't sign. His name is Ryan Herrmann. He should be a 2nd-3rd round pick I believe

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Perry View Post
Keep a look out for Illinois
I love Illinois, but Big Ten baseball is not at the level of the top conferences such as the Big 12, SEC, Big West, ACC, West Coast Conference, and Pac 10.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
I love Illinois, but Big Ten baseball is not at the level of the top conferences such as the Big 12, SEC, Big West, ACC, West Coast Conference, and Pac 10.
Illini baseball is just not good

Old 02-13-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Great thread, there are a few players I'm following closely this year. As for ASU I can see them winning the CWS, despite losing half of their recruiting class they still have a hell of a frosh class with Johnny Ruettiger and Riccio Torrez and still have players like Mike Leake and Jason Kipnis to boot. Going to be a great year all around.

DJP, I got I'm following on Miami, new recruit from a JC in Texas. He was a catcher/infielder in JC and a 10th Round Pick last year for the Orioles who didn't sign. His name is Ryan Herrmann. He should be a 2nd-3rd round pick I believe
He doesn't expect to play catcher, does he?

Yasmani Grandal is the starting catcher for Miami, he's not great offensively but he is damn good behind the plate.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
He doesn't expect to play catcher, does he?

Yasmani Grandal is the starting catcher for Miami, he's not great offensively but he is damn good behind the plate.
Probably moving to third base but he's much more valuable as a catcher. I was disappointed with Grandal last year, didn't he hit only like .230?

Old 02-13-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Probably moving to third base but he's much more valuable as a catcher. I was disappointed with Grandal last year, didn't he hit only like .230?
Yeah, he didn't have a good year at the plate but he's magic behind it.

Great game caller. One of the few college catchers who can do it himself.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Yeah, he didn't have a good year at the plate but he's magic behind it.

Great game caller. One of the few college catchers who can do it himself.
He needs to raise that AVG significantly to be drafted any higher than he was out of high school

Old 02-13-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to go to opening day at the new Alex Box! Got my tickets, just waiting on the 20th. Best stadium in the country, top 5 baseball team. Can't get any better than that.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
I can't wait to go to opening day at the new Alex Box! Got my tickets, just waiting on the 20th. Best stadium in the country, top 5 baseball team. Can't get any better than that.
DJ LeMahieu ftfw

Old 02-13-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the optimism fisch, but last year we had such a disgusting team that I feel we wasted an opportunity. Then again, it felt a little bit better when we were upset in Super Regionals by the team that won the CWS.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DJ LeMahieu ftfw
Heck yea, dude is amazing! Can't wait to see him with a year under his belt. PM is really turning this team around, definitely exciting to see LSU compete again. Hopefully we can get back to 90s form.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 02-13-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go Illinois State! New Stadium last year of a bad coach!
But seriously, MVC is probably the better baseball conference than Big Ten. Although Uof I and ISU are equally poor. Wichita State and Creighton will probably be good again this year.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

So, went to opening night at LSU's new stadium. All I can say is WOW! The place is amazing! The team looked pretty damn legit too. The freshmen this team has is unreal.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 02-22-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So, went to opening night at LSU's new stadium. All I can say is WOW! The place is amazing! The team looked pretty damn legit too. The freshmen this team has is unreal.
Alex Box was a fine stadium to begin with, can't wait to see the new one in person

Old 02-22-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

I have some pics, gonna post them tomorrow hopefully. The original was great for sure. Just imagine that one with about 38 million dollars in updating. It's on par with the best minor league ball parks in the country. 9000+ seating, not sure if there's any college park in the nation with that many seats.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 02-22-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I have some pics, gonna post them tomorrow hopefully. The original was great for sure. Just imagine that one with about 38 million dollars in updating. It's on par with the best minor league ball parks in the country. 9000+ seating, not sure if there's any college park in the nation with that many seats.
Rosenblatt has it beat by about 3x

Old 02-22-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ole Miss duffed it this weekend, dropping 2 out of 3 to South Alabama on the road. Preseason #6 with a ton of money put into the stadium, but we certainly didn't start the season off the right way.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure Missouri is going to have a rebuilding year this year. They lost a lot the last few seasons.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Rosenblatt has it beat by about 3x
Ya kind of have to if you're hosting the CWS.

Who Dat Nation!