Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 03-05-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.
Default LaMont Jordan will stay

ibabuzz.com/raidersblog

Quote:
Running back LaMont Jordan agreed to cut his roster bonus from $4.75 million to $3 million Monday and remain a member of the Oakland Raiders.
Jordan was due the $4.75 million Wednesday. Had he refused to renegotiate, it's possible the Raiders would have released him and he could have entered the lucrative open market.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Jordan get's a lot of unwarranted crap by a lot of Raider fans, and I think that if his MCL injury isn't too bad (if it was I think he would have just been released) then he can be a solid contributor next year
Old 03-05-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, just saw it on roto too...

Quote:
LaMont Jordan agreed to reduce his roster bonus from $4.75 million to $3 million on Monday, and will stay with the Raiders in 2007.

It's still probable that he'll face competition for his starting job, though we feel he'll win unless Oakland surprises everyone and takes Adrian Peterson with the No. 1 overall pick. Most indications had pointed to Jordan being released and possibly having to settle for a No. 2 job, so this is good news for his keeper league and dynasty league owners.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
RaiderLifer
Rookie

RaiderLifer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jordan can be solid but unspectacular. If we pound the rock with him, Fargas, and a mid round pick at RB we will be all right. OUr defense will keep us in games as long as we protect the ball. Our gameplan/coaching was the worst in the league last year and made our sub par offensive talent look even worse.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

this sounds pretty good.

Quote:
"LaMont understands that there was a great possibility in today's market to earn more money elsewhere had the Raiders decided not to pay him his original bonus amount," Keels said by e-mail. "However, he is committed to helping this organization turn things around and as result made the compromise on the roster bonus adjustment."
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm

I've always had a soft spot for Lamont. I think he competes hard and tries his best to contribute which is more than you can say for most of our offense. I think if he can healthy he can be an above average #1 RB. He showed glimpses of it his first year, and hopefully he has a similar year this year.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lamont and Randy are my two favorite players. If they both left in one offseason? lol

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
Lamont and Randy are my two favorite players. If they both left in one offseason? lol
id be happy because we would have alot of cap space for this year and next year. plus they both dont really help us in anyway

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Id rather have a RB thropugh the draft.Jordan isnt a good starter.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordan is an average starter at best, he doesn't use his size well at all. I will give him credit for being a fierce competitor, but I still would like to see us pick up a RB sometime late in the draft.
Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Happy to see him cut his bonus down because even though hes been dissapointing he can be a solid starter and that restructure means we arent overpaying him so badly. Id like us to bring in more help at HB, but with all the questions swirling around every position on offense it is nice to know who our starter is. We wont be able to adress all positions this offseason. Jordan + Fargas + a rookie (Booker? Ramonce Taylor? Selvin Young? Dwayne Wright?) and we can have a solid running game and if we can play ball control offense and bring our passing O along slowly and let our D keep us in games we could be solid.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote