Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 02-18-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.
Default Bucs Tag A. Bryant

Pewter Report is reporting that the Bucs have tagged Bryant.

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/5224

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obvious, and I'm glad.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bryant better continue to progress his game to justify his $10M cap figure. Fitzgerald's deal of $40M over 4 years is looking pretty sweet for the Cards right now.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:26 AM    (permalink
Cocelesti

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJ997 View Post
Bryant better continue to progress his game to justify his $10M cap figure. Fitzgerald's deal of $40M over 4 years is looking pretty sweet for the Cards right now.
Really a bad deal for Tampa Bay Buccaneers here. The contract appears to be poorly put together when a man can be allowed to fill as much of the salary cap as he does. His salary is way over paid and he will certainly have enough trouble living up to the expectations from his contract.

I think it is a really bad deal for them, but not for Bryant. :) :D
Old 02-24-2009, 06:31 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocelesti View Post
Really a bad deal for Tampa Bay Buccaneers here. The contract appears to be poorly put together when a man can be allowed to fill as much of the salary cap as he does. His salary is way over paid and he will certainly have enough trouble living up to the expectations from his contract.

I think it is a really bad deal for them, but not for Bryant. :) :D
I don't see how it is to be honest. It keeps a guy who had a huge season on a team which has ZERO good receivers. We were much better off signing him to a one year deal than risking FA or the draft.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have plenty of cap space tagging him doesn't prevent us from making any signing in FA. If you have the extra cap why not use it.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Captain Fear
Rookie

Captain Fear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
We have plenty of cap space tagging him doesn't prevent us from making any signing in FA. If you have the extra cap why not use it.
Exactly, its not my money.
Captain Fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
I don't see how it is to be honest. It keeps a guy who had a huge season on a team which has ZERO good receivers. We were much better off signing him to a one year deal than risking FA or the draft.
It's not a bad deal in the sense that the Bucs need WR's and have cap space that is equivalent to a blank check. I'm personally not sold on Bryant for the long term and I'm glad we didn't break the bank with a ton of guaranteed money. I also believe that the Glazers are in a cost reduction mode and despite our huge cap number, are going to be frugal in free agency. If true, this $10M could have been better served elsewhere had more quality free agents hit the market.

Ultimately, its not my money either and there aren't many players available who have more potential than Bryant, so I'm not upset. Here's to a big 2009 for him.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote