Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:36 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Too bad Detroit and Tampa, you're not getting Kelvin Hayden. :p

I would't mind one of them signing Haynesworth however.
How has Hughes and Coe progressed since they have been there? They seeing much time? I don't mind the Hayden signing, might be a bit much but he had a hell of a year and they should lock up a number 1 corner if they have him on the roster.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both guys have shown a few flashes, but have unfortunately dealt with injury so far these first two years. Hopefully they can stay healthy, because they have promise and could contribute well.

Hughes I'm still high on and thus would project as a future starter if/when Marlin Jackson leaves. Although if the team were to draft Alphonso Smith or DJ Moore with their 1st round pick, I could hardly blame them at all because of the value and fit.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
The Chiefs got crazy cap room that said I don't think he would want to come here and I don't think we would give him want he wants.

Buccaneers sign DT Sims
Didn't KC switch to a 3-4? They have no place for him now.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I have heard NFL talk about it but as far as I know the Chiefs have not came out and said they have but I could be wrong.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have heard NFL talk about it but as far as I know the Chiefs have not came out and said they have but I could be wrong.
Signs are pointing to yes but it has not been officially declared.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Glenn Dorsey going to fit in a 3-4? Turk McBride? Tamba Hali? etc....
Old 02-19-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Their already are assuming the move has happened:

Quote:
The Chiefs announced their new coaching staff this week. What they didn’t announce is that they’re planning to switch to a 3-4 defense.

Under the guidance of new defensive coaches Clancy Pendergast and Gary Gibbs, the Chiefs are turning to the scheme that has done so well for the Steelers and is back in vogue in the NFL.

Now the Chiefs will have to tailor their personnel accordingly. But what is most intriguing and mysterious about it is where last year’s first-round draft pick, defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey, fits in the scheme. Dorsey might not be stout enough to play nose tackle in a 3-4, and he might not be big enough to play end.

There now are questions about Dorsey’s role, one year after he became the Chiefs’ top pick.

But the changes now are coming fast and furious in Kansas City, mainly on defense.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/18/what...chiefs-dorsey/

Doesn't make sense to me, unless you can get a 1st for him he seems like a waste in that defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- The buzz here is that a potential major free agent player is now off the market as the Panthers and offensive tackle Jordan Gross are putting the finishing touches on a monster contract.

- Gross is expected to sign a six-year deal that would pay him more than $30 million in the first three years of the deal, the most ever paid out to an offensive lineman.

That's WAY too much! WOW!

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That doesn't even faze me to be honest, given how much money we've seen top-notch offensive lineman get the last 3 or 4 years. That's what the market is.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Is Glenn Dorsey going to fit in a 3-4? Turk McBride? Tamba Hali? etc....
Glenn Dorsey would be a terrible fit for the 3-4. Isn't he just a 3 tech tackle?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Haynewsorth would be wicked in a 3-4, Glenn Dorsey....not so much. Haynesworth is one of those guys like John Peterson, Richard Seymour, Shaun Rogers, Marcus Stroud, etc. who can play DE or NT in a 3-4 or DT in a 4-3.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Glenn Dorsey would be a terrible fit for the 3-4. Isn't he just a 3 tech tackle?
I think he'd be much stronger in a 4-3 than a 3-4.

I personally like 3-4 defenses, and I understand why KC has made the switch, but it might take a couple of years to get the personnel right. They do have a lot of cap space tho....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Barring a trade return that Pioli thinks enough of, I doubt very much that the Chiefs would consider trading Glenn Dorsey this year. If they did, with the current CBA going into the last capped year, all of the remaining bonus/guaranteed money would be charged to this year's cap. Which for Dorsey, means an $18M cap charge!

Granted the Chiefs have a ridiculous amount of cap space this year, but still.

KC should just run a 4-3/3-4 hybrid imo. Boy I'd love to have Dorsey on the Colts, but that's just wishful thinking.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Barring a trade return that Pioli thinks enough of, I doubt very much that the Chiefs would consider trading Glenn Dorsey this year. If they did, with the current CBA going into the last capped year, all of the remaining bonus/guaranteed money would be charged to this year's cap. Which for Dorsey, means an $18M cap charge!

Granted the Chiefs have a ridiculous amount of cap space this year, but still.

KC should just run a 4-3/3-4 hybrid imo. Boy I'd love to have Dorsey on the Colts, but that's just wishful thinking.
I really think they are going to run a hybrid for a year or two as a transition to a 3-4. But I have no flippin clue what is going on in KC. :(

Seymour in KC next year BOOK IT!
Quote:
Old 02-19-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Does KC even have a good 3-4 OLB candidate? I don't see it for Hali, he screams 4-3 DE to me.

I can see Pioli going for Michael Boley of the Falcons. Young linebacker with experience and blitzes well.

Curtis Johnson might be perfect for the Chiefs. 6-3/240 UDFA from last year's draft, he's too good a pass rusher for the Colts to cut from the roster, even though he'll always be behind three demons in Freeney/Mathis/Howard.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I really think they are going to run a hybrid for a year or two as a transition to a 3-4. But I have no flippin clue what is going on in KC.
I agree I don't think they wil go full 3-4 this year but start to make the move to a full time 3-4.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gross 6 year deal
Peppers franchised
Asomugha 3 year, $45 million deal

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Peppers going to have to choke a *****?

Scrabble three year deal.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 02-19-2009 at 01:10 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boldin softening up a little bit interesting.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/19/bold...ong-term-deal/
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I think the Giants could possibly sign him.
That would be just unfair...

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
That would be just unfair...
That would be fair. Very fair! lol. I just would love to imagine him with us when we won the superbowl with Strahan still playing, and Tuck rotating around.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I think he'd do allright inside or even at LDE. Probably means they'll go with a Maybin, Larry English or a Connor Barwin in round 2 to play that OLB
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard on ESPN radio that the Titans franchise tagged Bo Scaife.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if dorsey needs to be traded the saints will take him

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
if dorsey needs to be traded the saints will take him
KC could take 3 2nds, a 2 3rds and 2 5ths and 4 6ths and 1 7th for him since the Saints will have 45 picks this year according to CJSchneider
Quote: