Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 02-22-2009, 07:58 AM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.
Default Andre Smith

If he drops to 13th pick

Would you?

Wouldn't you?

Wouldn't Buges?
I've got alot of time for Joe Jackson Gibbs' mantra of character first,followed by football smarts with athletic ability third.
Love us to take an offensive tackle with our first pick but Smith?
He started out his junior college year at 340lbs,cannot see him ever being a left tackle.
Right tackle or Guard seems a little high at 13th.
On extremeskins saw that andre Smith could be changing his agent again,this time to nick Saban's agent........jimmy sexton.
The Redskins have dealt with him before but cannot remember who for.
Wasn't lavar,could have been jason Campbell,but there were problems dealing with this agent.
If he is there at 13, i dont see the Skins taking him whatever he does at Alabama's Pro Day.
Anybody think we do? Worth the risk?
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:35 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id take a shot at him as a franchise RT at 13 assuming the other 3 OTs are off the board. i guarantee hes already 5 times better than heyer or jansen.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I think he'd be a dominating RT but I'm not sure I'd take him @ 13 for the reasons you stated. A trade down to the 20 - 25 range if he was there would be a steal. Doubt he lasts to #20 though.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

running clinton behind him would be amazing. i would take himat 13 plug him at RT immediatly

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

No thank you. We need a T that we can put at RT now and eventually move to LT when Samuels is done. Smith is very overrated and doesn't have his head on straight. With so little draft picks we need to make sure our first round pick is a sure fire talent that will help us from the start without question. Id rather we take Orakpo or Maualuga to play OLB if we dont sign Crowder or Crowell. But if Oher or Jason Smith is there at 13 id take either in a heartbeat!

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Red_BearSkins
Rookie

Red_BearSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not too long ago...like last week, Oher was the biggest boom/bust candidate on the board. Now it's Smith.

Look at it this way, A. Smith would be the BEST RT of the big 4, and a perennial pro-bowl Guard.

If in 2-3 years, Samuels retires, we can try out A. Smith at LT and see if Buges has gotten his technique better, if he can't, then he can still fall back to dominate on the right side.

Wouldn't you want a dominant mauling RT for the next 2-3 years, which is the exact time frame that Portis has left to still be a good RB? In 2-3 years, we'll have more problems than just LT, we'll need a new RB, but in the meantime we can get as much out of Portis as possible by getting Andre Smith.
Red_BearSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate him but I would take him in a second. IMO would be a franchise RT or LT. People underrate what he did this year. The most dominating blocker in the country, and such underrated footwork. People assume cause he's fat he is slow, but he has some of the most nimble feet in the draft and is an absolute mauler in the run game. Eugene is still my #1 because of his pure pass blocking skills and Jason Smith #2 because he's a safe pick, but no doubt I think Andre Smith has all pro written all over him. I get the character concerns though and that's very valid. But yeah we have a pretty good track record with franchise tackles from Alabama. I still have doubts that he'll make it to us. Oh and no way in hell do I want Mauluga or Oher who is so inconsistent.

Here is my Skins big board(I am making some assumptions on the combine numbers for the DB's):

1. Brian Orakpo
2. Eugene Monroe/Jason Smith/Andre Smith if any of them fall
3. BJ Raji
4. Larry English
5. Vontae Davis(Will be in this range after the combine)
6. Darrius Heyward-Bey(I know what we did in last years draft, but I wouldn't be crying if we added him, restructuring Randle El kills me hopes though)
7. Robert Ayers: You'd be surprised I think he will end up going in the 15-23 range, so many scouts love him. I love his motor.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
No thank you. We need a T that we can put at RT now and eventually move to LT when Samuels is done. Smith is very overrated and doesn't have his head on straight. With so little draft picks we need to make sure our first round pick is a sure fire talent that will help us from the start without question. Id rather we take Orakpo or Maualuga to play OLB if we dont sign Crowder or Crowell. But if Oher or Jason Smith is there at 13 id take either in a heartbeat!
There's nothing to suggest that Smith can't be a good OT on either side (especially at RT). The character concerns make me wary of drafting him @ 13 but a trade down to the 20-25 range would be a steal.

Maualuga isn't an OLB. The NFL network analysts indicate he may only be 2 down player at MLB!!! He can't cut it at OLB if that's the case.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Red_BearSkins
Rookie

Red_BearSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
There's nothing to suggest that Smith can't be a good OT on either side (especially at RT). The character concerns make me wary of drafting him @ 13 but a trade down to the 20-25 range would be a steal.
He won't be available that late. The Bears, pick 18, would love someone like Smith on the right side.
Red_BearSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree with ST21. I don't really like what we've seen from A. Smith through this combine fiasco but I would still grab him no doubt.

It wasn't too long ago that he was projected to go no. 1 overall in this draft and at worst top 5. He's already twice as good as Heyer and Jansen put together. I'm pretty sure in 2 yrs he could take over for Samuels at LT. This would be huge for the offense for years to come IMO.

I see the risk in taking him...not being prepared for the combine is a bad sign. The combine is overrated anyways and the reward here would be too great. I would love to have him.

I think he would be #1 maybe #2 on my board if he fell to us.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Jon Jansen was an absolute beast when we first drafted him from michigan.

That was in the second round.
Taking andre Smith at 13 to play right tackle or guard looks a little high for me.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
parrish_lemar24DBSkins
Veteran

parrish_lemar24DBSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.parrish_lemar24DBSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jansen as a prospect coming out of Michigan was no where near the talent Andre Smith is.

JJ was regarded by many as the best OT in college football, like Smith was.
parrish_lemar24DBSkins is offline   Reply With Quote