Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 02-24-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Redskins sign Albert Haynesworth

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/

Not sure if I totally believe this guy, but what would you guys think? Certainly would be a huge addition.

OT in 1st round here we come?
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

$15 Million a season,$100 million in total..............yikes.

Talented, but i think you can get better value for the team as a whole with $15 mill.
If true a desperate move by a desperate front office.
How do they keep jason Taylor and sign Hall?

Re-sign Evans for some left d.e. and Monty for d.t.
If they picked up Orakpo/Raji/Jerry/Maualaga with the 13th there might not be much need for an offense.
3 runs then punt and turn it over to a nasty looking D.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So possible tampering is what I'm hearing. This is kinda serious considering he is the #1 FA out there. What do u guys think about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:51 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/24/agen...orth-redskins/

Now the agent is denying it...

Personally, I do not want the Redskins to do this to themselves again. We've been down this road before. With Snyder any crazy thing is possible, you know he wants an uncapped year.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/24/agen...orth-redskins/

Now the agent is denying it...

Personally, I do not want the Redskins to do this to themselves again. We've been down this road before. With Snyder any crazy thing is possible, you know he wants an uncapped year.
Of course the agent is denying it. He has to. If he didnt it would be tampering.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Red_BearSkins
Rookie

Red_BearSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Haynesworth, while a great player, has only played great in his 2 recent contract years. He could get complacent, which is a huge worry. Don't want to overspend on someone that only plays 65% of his snaps (I think Peter King stated that)

Plus, if we DO overspend, we have to get rid of more players to sign Haynesworth, and our 1st rounder.
Red_BearSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
HokiesSkins2621
Rookie

HokiesSkins2621 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Talented, Lazy, and Overpaid.

The 4 words that come out of my mouth when thinking of this guy. Typical Snyder signing...

Please prove me wrong Haynesworth!!!

Btw, first post in Redskins board here. What's up!!!

Washington Redskins Mock Draft:
Round 1: Micheal Oher/OT/Ole Miss
Round 3: Paul Kruger/DE/Utah
Round 5: Marcus Freeman/LB/Ohio State
Round 6: Graham Gano/K/Florida State
Round 7: Maurice Miller/OG/Ole Miss
Snyder, get me Gano!
HokiesSkins2621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is one rumor I love: http://profootball.scout.com/2/842644.html

Go after a guy who is young, hard working, and can be dominant at guard or Center two of our biggest needs. Will probably cost 49+ million but who cares he would be huge for or oline also Derrick Dockery was just cut it would be nice to get him back as long as it isn't that costly.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:16 AM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is more official now. Pending him passing a physical, Haynesworth is a Redskin.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3939011
Old 02-27-2009, 07:58 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How the hell are you guys staying under the cap this season??
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:11 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Yeah, that's what I was wondering. From what I've read, the 'Skins were about $6 mil under the cap BEFORE signing Hall and Haynesworth. Yikes.

Do me a favour and trade Carlos Rogers to the Lions for a mid-round pick, m'k?
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

The Skins are always creative at getting under the Cap.
Thats all you need to know.

Snyder may be a lousy owner but as a businessman he spends the money and he makes the money.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally I don't like the move, but as a Redskins fan I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that we're always gonna be active spenders w/ Snyder at the helm. I think it's too much money, but if he's really the impact player he's made out to be, I certainly hope I'm proved wrong. The Hall signing on the other hand, I love. Great move, was a great corner down the stretch and was always in the right place at the right time.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Here we go again. I can't say I really condone this move but he was the best D-lineman in the league last year so I can't really complain about the quality of player.

Thats a ton of money, but if they can make it work under the cap then so be it. Hard to not get excited about Haynesworth I will say.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the presser was sublime. hopefully we can shore up the RT spot with the draft and we'll be good to go. sweet.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Red_BearSkins
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
We released Springs, Washington, restructured Carter, ARE, Griffin (that I know of)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post
the presser was sublime. hopefully we can shore up the RT spot with the draft and we'll be good to go. sweet.
With the Dockery signing, it seems like they're depending on trading down from #13. We can pick up a great RT, Britton, with a trade down. But in this economy, supposedly owners don't really wanna trade up to pay all that money to a player that's unproven.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the money invested I think we have to trade down even if we have to sacrifice value. Even if it's just for a mid 2nd and mid 3rd or something like that.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
With the money invested I think we have to trade down even if we have to sacrifice value. Even if it's just for a mid 2nd and mid 3rd or something like that.
Trade down from #13 to mid 2nd or 3rd? We would be getting raped on that trade. Vinny was interviewed and said that the money to sign our draft picks is already set aside.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i personally love the signing and we got in some peoples mind the most dominant person in the nfl last year.

the contract is nothing to worry about either cause its all backloaded and we'll either cut him or make him reconstructure 4 years down the road like we do with all our high paid people.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Yea Vinny said the 13th pick is "already in the budget" or something to that effect. So I don't really expect a trade down just to save money.

Maybe if someone wants Sanchez or something we can trade down but other than that I don't really see it happening right now.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Red_BearSkins
Rookie

All I know is that for the first 13 months of the contract, Haynesworth gets 32 million. That doesn't sound backloaded.

But if Vinny was saying we already have the space to sign our draft picks...thank god.