Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-26-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickman561 View Post
In Pahokee, we produce great cornerbacks.

You guys produce more than great corners.

Who would you say was the best player on that team last year, and is DeJoshua Johnson really as big an FSU lean as everyone says? Or does Miami have a shot there?
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Hickman561
Rookie

Hickman561 is a cocksman.Hickman561 is a cocksman.Hickman561 is a cocksman.Hickman561 is a cocksman.Hickman561 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
You guys produce more than great corners.

Who would you say was the best player on that team last year, and is DeJoshua Johnson really as big an FSU lean as everyone says? Or does Miami have a shot there?
Yeah we do but dude was picking on my weight from my junior year and stating I'd have trouble guarding michigan receivers??? So I had to defend myself but in practice I had to deal with Odoms,Richardson and Johnson on daily bases all 4 star WR recruits and it was a great experience and i gain a lot of confindence out of it.

But to answer your question, Yes FSU is Josh's favorite team and was for as long as I can remember so they got an advantage and Miami Idk you guys have too many receivers out there especially T-3 aka Travis Benjamin. Him and Josh plays a similar style so that doesnt help but with Josh he's told me he's going to commit on September27 the one year aniversary of when our teammate and good friend Norman Griffith was fatally shot but He might be playing QB this year like Pete Richardson did last year because we havent had any quality QB's since Sheppard from the 08 class committed to WKU

but look out for Fred Pickett Glades Central Trasfer he's a 5'9 170 WR that just transfered to our school in January and i think with josh playing QB he's going to open some eyes and be Pahokee's go to receiver miami i think might have a shot at him if they offer but i do know FSU offered Pickett already

Last edited by Hickman561 : 02-26-2009 at 08:03 PM.
Hickman561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish you the best of luck bro, although I don't really see EMU beating UM I still be rooting for you and them. It is very interesting to have a college player on here lol.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah we do but dude was picking on my weight from my junior year and stating I'd have trouble guarding michigan receivers??? So I had to defend myself but in practice I had to deal with Odoms,Richardson and Johnson on daily bases all 4 star WR recruits and it was a great experience and i gain a lot of confindence out of it.
He obviously knows nothing about South Florida football. I'd take a 2 star 140 pound WR or CB from the muck over your typical 3-4 star guy from just about anywhere else in the country every day of the weak.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Hickman561
Rookie

Hickman561 is a cocksman.Hickman561 is a cocksman.Hickman561 is a cocksman.Hickman561 is a cocksman.Hickman561 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I wish you the best of luck bro, although I don't really see EMU beating UM I still be rooting for you and them. It is very interesting to have a college player on here lol.
Thanks I'll Keep you guys informed if you guys are interested but I dig this forum you guys kool pplz i might visit more often
Old 02-26-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He obviously knows nothing about South Florida football. I'd take a 2 star 140 pound WR or CB from the muck over your typical 3-4 star guy from just about anywhere else in the country every day of the weak.
As would I. Michigan is all about speed, and the muck is the absolute best area in the nation for that. Just look at the recent burners the area has churned out like Nu'keese, Jenkins, Odoms, Deonte Thompson, Santonio Holmes etc.

Just a couple of questions for you Hickman, if you don't mind:

Do players still do the rabbit chasing thing?

Has the Pahokee DL (Ford, Willis, Ash) given any indication on which colleges they are looking at closely?

And, if you're aware of the looming job losses in the area due to US sugar pulling out, how much would such an event effect not just the football but also the muck area itself?
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems there's been an increase in collegiate footbal players on this board recently. Its nice to have some guys like that, they can tell us a little insdier info, haha. I'm a PSU fan, and I hope you guys can, but my guess would be no. Go out and get a couple pick 6s though and kick the Wolverines' ass. Keep us updated if you feel like it, I'm waiting for a member of this board to develop into a good prospect, that would be a great experience...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Hickman561
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
As would I. Michigan is all about speed, and the muck is the absolute best area in the nation for that. Just look at the recent burners the area has churned out like Nu'keese, Jenkins, Odoms, Deonte Thompson, Santonio Holmes etc.

Just a couple of questions for you Hickman, if you don't mind:

Do players still do the rabbit chasing thing?

Has the Pahokee DL (Ford, Willis, Ash) given any indication on which colleges they are looking at closely?

And, if you're aware of the looming job losses in the area due to US sugar pulling out, how much would such an event effect not just the football but also the muck area itself?
With the ones you mentioned they're waited on more offers from more prominate football programs Josh Johnson He'll commit before anybody else does. But thats the most I could tell you but Miami,FSU,UF and USF is starting to recruit harder out there to keep guys instate and Look out for Pickett one of our WR's he's just as talented as Josh but just not as fast.

And yes the economy is hitting our area HARD alot of people lost there jobs the past year because of the SugarMeal Corp. shutting down after Donald Trump brought out most the land in our area and alot people saying their will be a long term effect especially when it comes to talent because alot people are going to move to find better jobs.

And yes alot people in the muck still chase rabbits its been a tradition for ages and been brought down from generation to generation. Even our Varsity guys still chase em and teaches little brothers and cousins some of the technique of chasing them.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Hickman561
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
It seems there's been an increase in collegiate footbal players on this board recently. Its nice to have some guys like that, they can tell us a little insdier info, haha. I'm a PSU fan, and I hope you guys can, but my guess would be no. Go out and get a couple pick 6s though and kick the Wolverines' ass. Keep us updated if you feel like it, I'm waiting for a member of this board to develop into a good prospect, that would be a great experience...
Yeah i'll give you guys some insight i like this forum. But hopefully i came take my game to the next level i just got to work hard and take as much as I can plus it helps that alot of the guys we have In college now and in the NFL likes to help out each other. One thing about us muck players is that we grew up with each other and like to help one another out so i got the benifit of being able to get help with my game with guys like Janoris Jenkins and even Alphonso Smith to a certain extent. So I find myself fortunate
Old 02-26-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
WarrickNole
Rookie

WarrickNole hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

pahokee huh? you know our boy Deuce? (antone smith) and of course you do...Michigan sucks now...go in that house and DOMINATE!
Old 02-26-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Double post.

Last edited by Sniper : 02-26-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right. If I don't agree, it must mean I don't know what I'm talking about. Sound logic.

Quote:
Yeah we do but dude was picking on my weight from my junior year and stating I'd have trouble guarding michigan receivers??? So I had to defend myself but in practice I had to deal with Odoms,Richardson and Johnson on daily bases all 4 star WR recruits and it was a great experience and i gain a lot of confindence out of it
Do you have any idea why I said you'd have trouble with those guys? Here, let me help you out. Tell me if you see a difference.

You're 5'9", 160 pounds.

Martavious Odoms: 5'9', 170 pounds
Nu'Keese Richardson: 5'11", 160 pounds
DeJoshua Johnson: 5'10", 155 pounds

Greg Mathews: 6'3", 210 pounds
J.R Hemingway: 6'1", 215 pounds
Toney Clemons: 6'3", 205 pounds

Yeah, those receivers sure are the same style of player. You don't think a true freshman 160 pound corner isn't going to struggle physically against upperclassmen that outweigh him by 40+ pounds? I'm sure you're a talented corner, but Christ, it's not ridiculous to think you'll have a tough time against guys 3-6 inches taller and 40-50 pounds heavier.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrickNole View Post
pahokee huh? you know our boy Deuce? (antone smith) and of course you do...Michigan sucks now...go in that house and DOMINATE!
Coming from a Florida State fan.....We're a year removed from a 9-4 season. Michigan has more wins over Florida since Urban Meyer's been there than FSU does. You haven't had double-digit wins since 2003. But yeah, you're in a position to talk trash.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Right. If I don't agree, it must mean I don't know what I'm talking about. Sound logic.
What exactly were you disagreeing with???

Quote:
Do you have any idea why I said you'd have trouble with those guys? Here, let me help you out. Tell me if you see a difference.

You're 5'9", 160 pounds.

Yeah, those receivers sure are the same style of player. You don't think a true freshman 160 pound corner isn't going to struggle physically against upperclassmen that outweigh him by 40+ pounds? I'm sure you're a talented corner, but Christ, it's not ridiculous to think you'll have a tough time against guys 3-6 inches taller and 40-50 pounds heavier.
And it's also not ridiculous to think that a smaller corner will not have to match up with the bigger, physical WRs in college ball unless something wrong occurs. It's not like he is going in to be the #1 shutdown corner who takes on the other teams best WRs.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
WarrickNole
Rookie

Quote:
Coming from a Florida State fan.....We're a year removed from a 9-4 season. Michigan has more wins over Florida since Urban Meyer's been there than FSU does. You haven't had double-digit wins since 2003. But yeah, you're in a position to talk trash.

still hurting from that dominating performance we took to the wolverines in the big house? DOMINATED them...it was a beautiful thing...and yes you beat UF...if that's all you can hang your hat on, wow , you really don't have anything going for you...michigan won't win 5 games this year...
Old 02-27-2009, 12:23 AM    (permalink
WarrickNole
Rookie

even in our down years i can say we at least competed for acc titles and went to bowl games...can michigan say that?
Old 02-27-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Hickman561
Rookie

Quote:

You're 5'9", 160 pounds.

You tripping homie but its all good though but let me ask you this my boy Phonso from wake 5'9 same high as me had a 9 inch disadvantage against Greg Carr of FSU but over the years had no problems against him he did what great corners do Shut him down

and just so you know my junior year my first year as a starter at corner in the defense we play we're always left on a island and i didnt give up a TD all year and how many undersized corners are their in the NFL? too many but speed is an important attritube and I'll bet any kind of money none of the guys you mentioned can get past me

and lets be real Tae Odoms was the leading receiver from michigan last year and he's only 5'9. why is he the best receiver statistically? Speed kills thats why so maybe just maybe size isn't as big attritube to have if you dont have the speed to match but i gurantee you one thing i maybe be smaller than them but coming from where I'm from we don't back down from nobody believe that
Old 02-27-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Hickman561
Rookie

Quote:
Ofcourse he was the real deal in high school. Every time he touched the ball you expected him to score he was a stud and had enormous expectations but didnt live up to the hype but he's from the muck so he's got my support.

But question why wasn't he invited to the combine? I know for a fact he ran a legit 4.3 forty coming out of high school and i think he would of been the fastest running back at the combine had he been invited. He could of really helped himself.

But its funny demir boldin wasnt invited eithier the WR from Wake another senior from pahokee
Old 02-27-2009, 06:10 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
even in our down years i can say we at least competed for acc titles and went to bowl games...can michigan say that?
You make it sound like that's difficult. And how often has Michigan missed bowl games in the past say, 40 years?

Seriously, we have one bad year and now everyone is ready to pile on us.
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
And it's also not ridiculous to think that a smaller corner will not have to match up with the bigger, physical WRs in college ball unless something wrong occurs. It's not like he is going in to be the #1 shutdown corner who takes on the other teams best WRs.
Why not????

Quote:
still hurting from that dominating performance we took to the wolverines in the big house? DOMINATED them...it was a beautiful thing...and yes you beat UF...if that's all you can hang your hat on, wow , you really don't have anything going for you...michigan won't win 5 games this year...
Wait a second...you're mocking me for living off a game in the past when you're going with one from 1847? And I bet you they do win more than five.

Quote:
Michigan had the longest bowl streak until last year, so yes, they can. Competing for ACC titles? Oh man, what a prestigious honor.

Quote:
You tripping homie but its all good though but let me ask you this my boy Phonso from wake 5'9 same high as me had a 9 inch disadvantage against Greg Carr of FSU but over the years had no problems against him he did what great corners do Shut him down
Alphonso Smith will be a top 50 selection in the NFL draft. He is clearly the exception, not the rule.

Quote:
and just so you know my junior year my first year as a starter at corner in the defense we play we're always left on a island and i didnt give up a TD all year and how many undersized corners are their in the NFL? too many but speed is an important attritube and I'll bet any kind of money none of the guys you mentioned can get past me
Probably not, seeing as how they're all possession receivers. But you don't need much speed at 6'3" to outjump a 5'9" kid.

Quote:
and lets be real Tae Odoms was the leading receiver from michigan last year and he's only 5'9. why is he the best receiver statistically? Speed kills thats why so maybe just maybe size isn't as big attritube to have if you dont have the speed to match but i gurantee you one thing i maybe be smaller than them but coming from where I'm from we don't back down from nobody believe that
Honestly? Tae Odoms was the leading receiver because in Rich Rodriguez's offense, the passing game runs through the slot receiver. Notice how Odoms' ypc sucked hardcore? Because the OL and QB play sucked so badly, Odoms caught a lot of swing passes, quick screens etc...I have really high hopes for Martavious and I hope he learns to stop dropping so many punts, but this year was not your average year for UM, to say the least.

Anyways, I'm sorry if I came off as a dick (which I did). It wasn't my intention. I wish you the best of luck at EMU and hope you play well.

If I may ask, what made you pick EMU over Minnesota and FIU?
Old 02-27-2009, 08:29 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck this season. I'm a huge fan of Ron English here. I'll be rooting for EMU in every game except the Michigan game.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just to echo what other Michigan fans have said. Good luck at EMU. ROn English is a great coach. You couldn't have picked a better guy to develop you and get you ready for the NFL in 3/4/5 years (dunno if you'll RS or not).

You all will have a shot though. I will admit I am a lot more confident with Tate Forcier is our QB than either Threet or Sheridan, but he is still a true freshmen.

And Snipe, I highly doubt he'll go up against Matthews. I think they'll have him in the slot against Odoms, and TRob till he gets a bit stronger.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:14 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If I may ask, what made you pick EMU over Minnesota and FIU?
Playing time, I think.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Playing time, I think.
Yeah, he said that like 3 times haha.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

please win, pretty please

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote