Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 02-27-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Dillberg435

WEEI just said Adam Schefter is reporting the pats trading Mike Vrabel to the chiefs and he is undergoing a physical in kc as they speak. I don't know any details, but they are saying they think a Cassel trade is coming and then a move to get Julius Peppers, Vilma, etc. Anyone who can post a link would be appreciated. Any thoughts?
Old 02-27-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillberg435 View Post
WEEI just said Adam Schefter is reporting the pats trading Mike Vrabel to the chiefs and he is undergoing a physical in kc as they speak. I don't know any details, but they are saying they think a Cassel trade is coming and then a move to get Julius Peppers, Vilma, etc. Anyone who can post a link would be appreciated. Any thoughts?

My thoughts are Wow!. Insert your favorite 3-4 OLB at pick #23 i would guess.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HOYL ******* ****! It better be for a 4th or 5th :(

Maybe KC is moving to a 3-4 lol
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post

I havent heard what the price was but i think you're probably right on both counts there.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Dillberg435

Maybe we could trade them Cassel too, get the #3 pick and hope Aaron Curry would fall to three. I would love that to be the case, I think Curry has great potential and would be worth the money at that pick.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So that leaves us with: Thomas, Mayo, Bruschi, Redd, Crable, and Guyton?

That is a very young, inexperienced LB corps right there
Old 02-27-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe we could trade them Cassel too, get the #3 pick and hope Aaron Curry would fall to three. I would love that to be the case, I think Curry has great potential and would be worth the money at that pick.
If you get the number 3 pick for Cassel I WILL KILL MYSELF!
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Dillberg435

Quote:
If you get the number 3 pick for Cassel I WILL KILL MYSELF!
What I meant by that was maybe it's more than Vrabel for blank straight up. Maybe it's Vrabel and Cassel for the number three pick and a late round pick.

Then pray the Lions and Rams pass on Curry, draft him, and enjoy.

I also heard Leigh Bodden is visiting with the team, is he a good idea for us?
Old 02-27-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
What I meant by that was maybe it's more than Vrabel for blank straight up. Maybe it's Vrabel and Cassel for the number three pick and a late round pick.

Then pray the Lions and Rams pass on Curry, draft him, and enjoy.

I also heard Leigh Bodden is visiting with the team, is he a good idea for us?

He is a stop gap CB, could be a decent number 2
Quote:
Old 02-27-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
gameplaya2435
Rookie

gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.

Quote:

Or looking for a solid back up to Tony Gonzalez :p
Old 02-27-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
hannah73
Rookie

hannah73 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No one is giving up the #3 for Cassel. Be lucky to get teh number #103 for Cassel. I think Belichick wishes he could get anything for him. They'd take nothing now...just get the contract off their hands...he'll drag them under with his huge cap hit.

He's a one year wonder.

Vrabel is old and slow. He performed admirably but his time has gone.

Look for a 6th/7th rounder for him. 34 year old guys with big salaries aren't worth a whole lot. Sorry.
hannah73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His salary isn't that big, and the chiefs brought him in to be more of a lockerroom presence than his on the field stuff, even though he can still be productive. 4th/5th should be what it ends up being.

I don't know why you think the patriots are all of a sudden so down on franchising Cassel. His salary sucks...ya it does, but everyone knew he probably wasn't going to be traded right away, more likely going to be closer to the draft. I'm not even sure that the Patriots would be going crazy in FA spending even if they had the money, but that is just speculation for everyone.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

i dont have to kill myself!
Quote:
Old 02-28-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So anybody believe me that outside linebacker is our biggest need now?

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

not OLB, safety...but OLB is up there