Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 02-27-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Mock Offseason

Moves Made:

Trade for Vrabel (i'm guessing for a 6th due to age and only 1 year left on his contract)

To still be made:

Sign Romeo Crennel to take over the DC position.

FA:

Chris Canty, DE, Cowboys

Byron Leftwitch, QB, Steelers

Derrick Ward, RB, Giants

Khalif Barnes, OT, Jaguars

Draft:

Trade Brian Waters for a 4th rounder.

Trade LJ and a 5th for Shaun Rogers, DT, Browns.

1. Aaron Curry, LB, WF
2. Larry English, DE, NIU
3. Trevor Canfield, OG, CINC
4. Ramses Barden, WR, Cal Poly
4. A.Q. Shipley, C, PSU
7. Lydell Sargeant, CB, PSU

Offense:

QB- Thigpen, Leftwitch, Croyle
RB: Ward, Charles, Smith
FB: Cox
WR1: Bowe, Franklin, Webb
WR2- Bradley, Barden, Robinson
TE: Gonzalez, Cottam
LT: Albert, McIntosh
LG: Taylor, De La Puente
C: Niswanger/Shipley
RG: Canfield, Niswanger/Shipley, Richardson
RT: Barnes, Richardson

Defense (3-4/4-3 Hybrid)

4-3 Front 7:

LDE- Hali, McBride
NT- Rogers, Tank, Edwards
DT- Dorsey, Boone, Canty
RDE- English, Johnston
OLB- Williams, Vrabel
MLB- Curry, Thomas
OLB- DJ, Boiman

3-4 Front 7:

LDE- Dorsey, McBride
NT- Rogers, Tank
RDE- Canty, Boone
OLB- Vrabel/Hali
ILB- Curry, Boiman
ILB- DJ, Williams
OLB- English, Johnston

DB's:
LCB- Flowers, Leggett
RCB- Carr, (June 1st Casualty Veteran CB)
FS- Page, McGraw
SS- Pollard, Morgan

K- Barth
P- Colquitt
KR/PR- Robinson, Charles
Old 02-28-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yikes, I wouldn't trade Waters for a fourth rounder. He's a pro bowl guard! Khalif Barnes is an injury waiting to happen, and he's played LT most of his life. De La Puente? Are you serious? That guy hasn't even sniffed the practice squad(he's that world league guy isn't he?)I think we shouldn't take anything less han a second for Gonzo. The guy has shown he can still produce. LJ for Shaun Rogers? Both head cases, both want different environments, I'd like that trade. Also, I'm not so sure dorsey can play the End position(Might not be tall enough).
Old 02-28-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!!
Rookie

TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Canty is making his rounds and will be way too much money. I wouldn't mind Igor Olsansky though.

I'm for Khalif Barnes at RT.

Keith Brooking if he is cheap enough could replace Donnie for a year or two. Don't know if he knows 3-4 at all but is a veteran presence along with Vrabel who could help our young defense out.

If by chance Curry and Crabtree are gone get Jason Smith and move Albert to G. With the Broncos now moving to a 3-4, we are going to need a LT with exceptionally quick feet to handle these blitzing LBs and those fast Raider LBs. With Smith being a former TE, he has great footwork.

And hopefully Jarron Gilbert DE or Clay Matthews will be available at us in the 2nd.

I see MATT CASSEL is a Chief while im typing this so there you go. Get Crabtree and our offensive will be sick!

Sig by BoneKrusher
TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moving Albert to guard is a stupid, stupid move. He played extremely well for a rookie at LT and moving him now would be a mistake.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt trade Gonzalez, Johnson or Waters. You now have a franchise QB, RB, WR and TE. Build the OL to where it was a few years ago and the offense will be set for years to come.

Defense is definitely important but rebuilding the OL should be a bigger priority since you want to first and foremost protect your biggest investment which was trading for Cassel.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree but the problem is that we're picking at 3 and you don't pay #3 overall money to a RT/G.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I agree but the problem is that we're picking at 3 and you don't pay #3 overall money to a RT/G.

Unless you have 50 million in cap room and nowhere to spend it.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
Unless you have 50 million in cap room and nowhere to spend it.
We have other players we could pick at #3 worth the money more than a RT.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Aaron Curry has got to be the leading candidate at 3 right now. I can't see them taking Crabtree with the injury concerns and obviously now that Cassel is aboard Stafford won't be taken. I don't see the Chiefs taking a tackle at 3, Smith torpedoed his stock completely, and Monroe/the other Smith are both left tackles, which is not a position of need and I don't think they would make very effective right tackles, especially in a division with several 3-4 defenses, the right tackles are going to have to be big to beat up on big 3-4 DEs.

Curry and a trade down are the only ones that make sense.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote