Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 02-27-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Samari Rolle Soon to Be Cut

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/

He refused to take a pay cut so its a no brainer. but I also wanted to use this thread to discuss our corner situtation for next year. With the assumption of Rolle getting cut it leaves Domonique Foxworth and Fabian Washington as our 2 best corners. In my mind, both those guys are best at the #2 spot or nickel. Preferably Foxworth at #2 and Fabian at Nickel. But to have both them starting has me at unease. They are both under 6 foot and aren't aggressive, (Fabian in particular) I want atleast 1 more young corner added, someone tall, aggressive, physical whether its from the draft or FA.(most likely draft)
Old 02-27-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As it has been said many times before, Bodden would be ideal. But it seems like he's going to NE... Give me Coye Francies in the draft.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Dre Bly? NVM, hes tiny as well but he's got good ball skills. he's too similar to foxworth if you ask me. Booden would be ideal and since we aren't throwing big money at Scott, maybe we should push more him? If we get him, we are pretty much SET at CB with Booden and Foxworth starting and Fabian in the nickel.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
What about Dre Bly? NVM, hes tiny as well but he's got good ball skills. he's too similar to foxworth if you ask me. Booden would be ideal and since we aren't throwing big money at Scott, maybe we should push more him? If we get him, we are pretty much SET at CB with Booden and Foxworth starting and Fabian in the nickel.
Agreed. Bly is a worse tackler than Fabian, no thank you. If we sign one more we really don't need to address it early in the draft...
Old 02-27-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about bringing C-Mac back for cheaper ???
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
What about bringing C-Mac back for cheaper ???
That'd be a fnie idea. He's tall and physical and gives us exactly what he need. Not to mention the guy knows the system, players and organization. He's probably the best CB in the market if he can give us a healthy season, but with Harbaughs tough training camps, anyone can get hurt again.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

He ain't coming back, not with his attitude. I don't really want him either.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So... are we trading up for Malcolm Jenkins or what?

We just cut our two starters from last season
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
So... are we trading up for Malcolm Jenkins or what?

We just cut our two starters from last season
true, we need some height and aggressivness. Foxworth is a bit physical but he will get mauled but bigger stronger WR's.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I don't want him to get cut... I don't mind Samari he would be a great #2 CB or nickel back
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is good news, addition by subtraction. As for CMac if I was him I'd never come back here with the way I was treated. I honestly think the Ravens are happy with Foxy and Fabs as the starters for next year, and getting a CB in the draft to play nickel and groom for the future.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
This is good news, addition by subtraction. As for CMac if I was him I'd never come back here with the way I was treated. I honestly think the Ravens are happy with Foxy and Fabs as the starters for next year, and getting a CB in the draft to play nickel and groom for the future.
Oh god! They both are better suited as #2 guys. We need a dominate #1 elite type guy. McAlister can be a short term solution, but we need to add a taller more aggresive type corner!!
Old 02-27-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh god! They both are better suited as #2 guys. We need a dominate #1 elite type guy. McAlister can be a short term solution, but we need to add a taller more aggresive type corner!!
McAlister would be the answer and should have never been cut......BUT he was and the way he was cut means he aint comin back here for any less money. There really are no elite #1 CBs in the free agency class or the draft (at least that will be there at #26). Leigh Bodden is prolly the closest thing to a #1 CB in free agency now that we have Foxy and I dont think Bodden is on our to sign list. Im just hopin and prayin that if Heyward-Bey is gone VD hangs around til 26, that would be the dream scenario. If both of those guys are gone then I think we look at Nicks or a LB or a C in rd 1.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
McAlister would be the answer and should have never been cut......BUT he was and the way he was cut means he aint comin back here for any less money. There really are no elite #1 CBs in the free agency class or the draft (at least that will be there at #26). Leigh Bodden is prolly the closest thing to a #1 CB in free agency now that we have Foxy and I dont think Bodden is on our to sign list. Im just hopin and prayin that if Heyward-Bey is gone VD hangs around til 26, that would be the dream scenario. If both of those guys are gone then I think we look at Nicks or a LB or a C in rd 1.
yeah, if Vontae is at our pick its a no brainer, and if he falls past Houston, I think we should atleast try to trade up and get him. He's arguably top 10 talent but teams have got other needs. But if we don't trade, and VD and DHB are gone, which is the most likely scenario, I WANT HAKEEM NICKS! With our defense taking a step backward, we need to add some offensive playmakers to try and balance things out for Flacco as well. He just lost a key part to his o-line and giving him a WR like Nicks is a great replacement.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Looks like his tenure in Baltimore is near an end. John Clayton is reporting that we are to release him soon. I don't have a link yet because it scrolled across the bottom of ESPNEWS.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah, if Vontae is at our pick its a no brainer, and if he falls past Houston, I think we should atleast try to trade up and get him. He's arguably top 10 talent but teams have got other needs. But if we don't trade, and VD and DHB are gone, which is the most likely scenario, I WANT HAKEEM NICKS! With our defense taking a step backward, we need to add some offensive playmakers to try and balance things out for Flacco as well. He just lost a key part to his o-line and giving him a WR like Nicks is a great replacement.
Vontae Davis has been on a freefall. Teams think his attitude and lack of college production make him a second coming of his brother. The corners are all dropping, so the run should happen at a later point in the draft. He seems like a CMac v.2, big physical and really fast, but comes with some character issues. I think he'll be in our range.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Whoa, if he is anything like his brother, I would question signing him. Vernon is that farthest thing from a team player and he's a real jerk to his teamates. check this vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1jAkPw2iyc If Vontae is going to be a jerk in the locker room, I'd rather us go WR and let him fall. I love his skill set and talent, but Harbaugh is a team first guy and I don't think he'll tolerate Davis's attitude 1 bit.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another one (veteran CB) bites the dust.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote