Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default new draft plans

well the jets traded their 37th with the bears, that leaves us needing to ponder new draft ideas for trade backs

maybe the bears will want to trade up with us for olsen

this really throws a wrench into the trade back works
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I highly doubt they will trade up for Olsen. Hes not worthy of #15, let alone the first round.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

I really doubt they need to trade up at all now. The team needs thread says OT, SS, and a possession WR as their top needs. They can stay at that spot and take Staley or Griffin. They might possibly want to trade up for someone like Bowe, but I think he'll probably drop that far anyway. They are really in a perfect spot for their needs.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, looks like we'll prolyl sit at 15 now
Old 03-05-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Maybe the NY football Giants if they dont get Wilis

Optimistic yes, crazy no
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A trade down doesn't really look that feasible anymore, so I dont know what we will do. The bears might use their pick plus the second rounder to trade up and get someone, maybe a safety, but I'm not sure I'd really be interested in that late of a pick.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

... Olsen is the only TE worth a first rounder. he's 6'5, 250lbs. Runs sub 4.5 speeds and has great hands. That alone makes him a 1st round option. Hell he could be a WR.

Jets got Jones
Giants are likely getting Rhodes
Denver got Henry

Mike,

I know your not a close minded guy, why aren't there still options?

There could still be a coveted player avail at our pick.

Levi Brown, Darrelle Revis(NYJ/NYG), a WR (KC), We all keep looking at the Marshawn Lynch Idea.. There's still teams out there for him, but there's also other players that could fall to 15 to spark a trade down with another team.

There's plenty of teams that could be looking to trade up..

Denver, Kansas City, NYG, NYJ(Don't forget they still have 2 2nds, and they still need a Dwayne jarrett or Dwayne Bowe, perhaps Landry Falls.)

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
... Olsen is the only TE worth a first rounder. he's 6'5, 250lbs. Runs sub 4.5 speeds and has great hands. That alone makes him a 1st round option. Hell he could be a WR.

Jets got Jones
Giants are likely getting Rhodes
Denver got Henry

Mike,

I know your not a close minded guy, why aren't there still options?

There could still be a coveted player avail at our pick.

Levi Brown, Darrelle Revis(NYJ/NYG), a WR (KC), We all keep looking at the Marshawn Lynch Idea.. There's still teams out there for him, but there's also other players that could fall to 15 to spark a trade down with another team.

There's plenty of teams that could be looking to trade up..

Denver, Kansas City, NYG, NYJ(Don't forget they still have 2 2nds, and they still need a Dwayne jarrett or Dwayne Bowe, perhaps Landry Falls.)

i know there are still other options, but the jets one was a really good one for us and it made a lot of sense, im not saying there arnt other options because i never doubt what colbert can do on draft day, but im just saying that trade is outa the picture and it seemed perfect for both teams

and since the jets had 2 picks in the 2nd they would be more likely to do it in my opinion

but of course there are other options
Old 03-06-2007, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
i know there are still other options, but the jets one was a really good one for us and it made a lot of sense, im not saying there arnt other options because i never doubt what colbert can do on draft day, but im just saying that trade is outa the picture and it seemed perfect for both teams

and since the jets had 2 picks in the 2nd they would be more likely to do it in my opinion

but of course there are other options
The Jets still have 2 picks in the second. They still need a SS (Landry Falls) or WR(Jarrett, Ginn).. As do a slew of teams behind us.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do we really need to trade to be successfull in this years draft?
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not really, but I think we'd get better value for the pick we might make. Carriker is a maybe at 15, Moss and Spencer are late 1sts. I'd say Levi Brown and Dwayne Jarrett are two picks that fit our spot pretty well, but if Levi falls to us I wouldn't be suprised to see KC trade up to get him. Larry Johnsons dad is the line coach at PSU, and I think that influenced their decision last year to take Tamba. I predicted they would take Brown earlier in the year when I thought they would be picking right around our spot.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Do we really need to trade to be successfull in this years draft?
You never have to trade to be successful in a draft.

Though, for us, this year we could be successful making the same picks without a trade, but in the draft it's about value, and the players we'd look at at #15 would be better value at #23 or #25.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarocksoi View Post
not really, but I think we'd get better value for the pick we might make. Carriker is a maybe at 15, Moss and Spencer are late 1sts. I'd say Levi Brown and Dwayne Jarrett are two picks that fit our spot pretty well, but if Levi falls to us I wouldn't be suprised to see KC trade up to get him. Larry Johnsons dad is the line coach at PSU, and I think that influenced their decision last year to take Tamba. I predicted they would take Brown earlier in the year when I thought they would be picking right around our spot.
I think Carriker is a round 2-3 workout warrior. His game tape suggests a possible day 1 pick but his practices would suggest he's a monster. Take that FWIW.

No to Carriker. I'm not pleased with Jarrett. I know he's got good hands but #15 is a little high to take a WR considering needs. Moss for a 3-4 team is a round 2 pick but spencer is a Later round 1 pick.

LJ's dad is the dline coach, I'm pretty sure he's not the oline coach. I'll let you in on some insider information. KC is looking for Joe Staley rd 1, not Levi Brown. Again FWIW.

I don't mind staying at 15 and minorly reaching for Spencer. I'd hate a Carriker or Okoye pick. They'd be wastes. Okoye will be overdrafted because of his age and Carriker because his size/combine #'s. Neither because of Solid production.

Neither fit our 3-4 (Well Carriker does.. but). Where would Carriker Play? DE, We have 2 guys that are already far proven.. Heck, Keisel had a season that mirrors Luis Castillo. Not bad for his first season. Unless Keisel drops to SOLB, there is no room for Carriker, and since we're not going 4-3 Okoye shouldn't be the pick.. Although for a 4-3 I wouldn't mind Justin Harrell Round 2.