Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 02-28-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cassel Traded

Do you think we got enough value for him? I am kind of pissed we only got a 2nd...... but it was necessary because it allows us to sign some decent free agents..... Discuss.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't be pissed. The Pats will make another deal with the Chiefs to make up for it at some point.
________
Volcano Vaporizer

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 08:00 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a little lower than what they probably would have got on draft day but i'm now hoping they make a splash in free agency. I would love Leigh Bodden and Sean Jones now
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leigh Bodden would be great, how about Ray Lewis? lol

Old 02-28-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pissed as well. ONLY A 2ND ROUNDER?
I thought for sure we'd get at least a mid-first
if it was a 2nd- i figured we'd get a comp 2nd in next years draft.
I really wish we woulda traded Cassel to NC for Peppers. That's what I was hopin for

I understand the salary dump with Vrabel- kinda. I think we should of kept him though.

We better make a big splash in FA then.
Who's out there for us? C. McAllister?

I do like the fact that we have 3 2nd rounders though.
I'd like to see us move up in the 1st though.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Jones would be niiiccceeee

Old 02-28-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

i do not know much about sean jones? whats the scouting report?

Old 02-28-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's injured all the time. That's the scouting report.
________
property for sale Pattaya

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'm pissed as well. ONLY A 2ND ROUNDER?
I thought for sure we'd get at least a mid-first
if it was a 2nd- i figured we'd get a comp 2nd in next years draft.
I really wish we woulda traded Cassel to NC for Peppers. That's what I was hopin for

I understand the salary dump with Vrabel- kinda. I think we should of kept him though.

We better make a big splash in FA then.
Who's out there for us? C. McAllister?

I do like the fact that we have 3 2nd rounders though.
I'd like to see us move up in the 1st though.
I think if Everette Brown or maybe Maualuga were to fall to the mid-late teens they may move up. I think this could definitely mean that either Percy Harvin or DHB will be a Patriot next year and we can still cover defense well
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was hoping for a conditional pick in 2010, or even a 5th-6th rounder.

But hey, Cassel wouldve been a back up and Vrabel mightve been cut anyways.

We get #34 overall for nothing.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like the deal. Cassel needed to be moved. Doesn't matter what he's worth if no one is paying it. Gives us a ton of space in the draft.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:19 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a little disappointed w/the deal, but it's completely understandable. I think they could have held out and received more for Cassel but it would have handcuffed the FO.

With the signing of Sage, the Vikes are out and the other leading contenders (Bears/Lions/Bucs) have decent positions of leverage to hold out until draft day. So dumping Cassel early in FA allows NE to go and sign players now while there are still solid players available.

Lots of cap space just opened up, Mr. Peppers. (I know I'm dreaming)

I think Pioli just made the first of many brilliant moves for the Chiefs franchise. Frankly, I'm glad I've always had major respect for the KC fans, it will make it nice and easy to cheer on KC now.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should just cheer on KC because I am a Chiefs fan. :D

Book it: Peppers to NE!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love peppers to NE, and if clearing cap space was their primary concern as it is being reported, then it could be peppers (i can only hope!)
Old 03-02-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the cost on him, though? Also franchised, so now what - hope that Carolina values him along the lines of Cassel and accepts that same #34? Doubt it. I'd love to see it, but not at too high a cost.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
You should just cheer on KC because I am a Chiefs fan. :D

Book it: Peppers to NE!
WTF - is that a giant Oreo stack in your avi?? lol

Old 03-02-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love Peppers here in NE. Peppers, Adalius, and Mayo would be 3 super starters and we would just need to hope one of the young guys steps up. Adalius has the flexibility to play inside or outside (probably better inside), so I would hope Crable or Pierre Woods could start as the other outside guy with Peppers. It is all speculation, but it would allow us to focus a lot more on our secondary with whatever picks we didn't give up for Peppers in day 1.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

if we were to get peppers i think it would cost us #23

Old 03-02-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
What's the cost on him, though? Also franchised, so now what - hope that Carolina values him along the lines of Cassel and accepts that same #34? Doubt it. I'd love to see it, but not at too high a cost.
Maybe our first for him somehow? It would eliminate one of the positions we would be drafting, possibly even at pick 23.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
WTF - is that a giant Oreo stack in your avi?? lol
Ya, he got that from http://www.thisiswhyyourefat.com

Hilarious stuff on there...

And I love the trade because I'm a Pats fan living in KC. I'm glad the Chiefs crapped out, so I could justify rooting for them. I love watching a team get built, especially when it's done the right way. I enjoy sharing my experience with the early Belichick Era with Chiefs fans and relate it to what's going on right now.

I hope the Pats just use the cap space to front load extensions for Seymour and Wilfork after they pick up a vet corner (Springs, McAlister, Surtain) and re-sign a couple guys (Evans, Hochstein, Sanders, Harrison, Woods - might be forgetting a couple)
________
Chase_Taylor Cam

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I'd give up our 23rd for Peppers in a heartbeat. *crosses fingers*