Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-02-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
get the golden gun---1 shot=dead

but,

i plan on getting one once i graduate which should be next year---handgun i mean
Moonraker laser > Golden Gun.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Moonraker laser > Golden Gun.
> All

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To the OP...

It really depends on the type of shotgun your looking for. I've been a hunter and competition shooter for basically my entire life and I come from a very firearm oriented family. It's all but 2nd nature to me.

Now, if your looking for a shotgun for hunting purposes, here are two of my favorites:

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...s/model_11-87/
That is the semi-auto Remington 11-87. It was my first shotgun and is a great beginner gun whether your looking to hunt or shoot for sport. It's also easily customized if you want to add a pistol grip and turn it into a self-defense weapon.

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...uns/model_870/
This one is the Remington 870 pump action shotgun. Nothing feels better or sounds cooler than when you pump a shotgun, and this one's beautiful for it. It's another one thats great for beginners and is good for hunting or sport shooting as well.

Both of those are reasonably priced and like I said, good for beginners.

Now, if you want some elegance...

http://www.winchesterguns.com/prodin...d=060&cat=020C
This is a Winchester over-and-under double barreled shotgun. It's very similar to what I moved into when I really started getting into competitions for trap and skeet. It's lightweight and really run to shoot. A little more pricey but it's a really nice firearm.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SKB> Winchester beerbaron !

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:17 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
SKB> Winchester beerbaron !
Well, I know what has worked best for me... :)
Old 03-02-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My cousin gave me his .38 snubnose before he went to jail. I never use it but it's cool to have I guess. With the rising crime and gang violence rates I guess it's a good thing to have.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
My cousin gave me his .38 snubnose before he went to jail. I never use it but it's cool to have I guess. With the rising crime and gang violence rates I guess it's a good thing to have.
I recommend to a lot of people to, if they can, have one and know how to use it. Just keep it put away somewhere safe and never do anything dumb with it...it's a nice little safety blanket to have and once I'm out of college, I plan on getting one of my handguns from home to have with me wherever I end up.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:19 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really thinking about getting one soon. I really want a Glock.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:25 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since I'm gonna be in Idaho for the next two years, I was thinking about getting some rifles or something to go hunting with. lol

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:52 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its all about bow and arrows.

Hunting with a bow shows skill.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:58 AM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
Its all about bow and arrows.

Hunting with a bow shows skill.
Lol, have a blast with that.

All I have is a little .38, don't know too much about shotties.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:01 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't have a gun... I might get one some day, though..

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:02 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
What the heck do you need a desert eagle for? Just curious.
Because if someone breaks into your house you dont even need to shoot in the area of the robber. That .50 will blow down a wall and if I was robber and saw a wall come down because of that gun, I would **** my pants and get the heck out of there.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:05 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I'm really thinking about getting one soon. I really want a Glock.
I love my Glock 26. I got it for about $500 at a gun show. I recommend getting a gun at a gun show because you could save tons of money rather than going to a outdoors/sporting goods store. I saw my Glock 26 for about $800 somewhere else. I also bought a 50 round magazine for like $20 and its sweet! It looks like a machine gun now.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:10 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
To the OP...

It really depends on the type of shotgun your looking for. I've been a hunter and competition shooter for basically my entire life and I come from a very firearm oriented family. It's all but 2nd nature to me.

Now, if your looking for a shotgun for hunting purposes, here are two of my favorites:

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...s/model_11-87/
That is the semi-auto Remington 11-87. It was my first shotgun and is a great beginner gun whether your looking to hunt or shoot for sport. It's also easily customized if you want to add a pistol grip and turn it into a self-defense weapon.

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...uns/model_870/
This one is the Remington 870 pump action shotgun. Nothing feels better or sounds cooler than when you pump a shotgun, and this one's beautiful for it. It's another one thats great for beginners and is good for hunting or sport shooting as well.

Both of those are reasonably priced and like I said, good for beginners.

Now, if you want some elegance...

http://www.winchesterguns.com/prodin...d=060&cat=020C
This is a Winchester over-and-under double barreled shotgun. It's very similar to what I moved into when I really started getting into competitions for trap and skeet. It's lightweight and really run to shoot. A little more pricey but it's a really nice firearm.
That Winchester is SWEET! I want to get a Kimber but they are so much money for a 9mm. Also, I would have to get a Smith and Wesson magazine since I heard Kimber's jam easily.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 03-02-2009 at 03:16 AM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess the question is, what are you going to use the shotgun for? Are you going to take it to shooting ranges? Are you going to go hunting?

I don't claim to know a ton about shotguns, but it would seem to me that you could track down a simple 3-piece 12-gauge shotgun if you're looking for simplicity. If you're actually going to hunt with it, that's a whole other story.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say you buy yourself a rocket launcher. That'll show people not to mess with you. Seriously though, what the hell do you need a gun for?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:27 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Remington 870 Wingmaster 20 gauge is a nice one. My brother has one just like it or similar (he is really into firearms).

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I recommend an MP5 (blue tiger) with a silencer, Bandolier, UAV Jammer and Extreme Conditioning. Works every time.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What kind of gun would you recommend for hunting large bi-pedal mammals?
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
What kind of gun would you recommend for hunting large bi-pedal mammals?
Depends. Human, or Bigfoot?
Old 03-02-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hes kind of hairy so big foot.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
Hes kind of hairy so big foot.
Eh, can't help you there. I'm more of a chupacabra hunter myself.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:44 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Eh, can't help you there. I'm more of a chupacabra hunter myself.
January there was a chupacabra attack in my village, he killed all of our goats..I don't know how my people will make it through the winter without goat fur to keep warm or milk for sustenance...
Old 03-02-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

remington 870 express is an awesome relatively inexpensive shotgun. Get the 3 1/2 inch and you can use it for everything from ducks to bears. Also, Mossberg makes some good guns, don't buy a benelli unless you're rich and want to spend twice as much money as you need to.

As for hunting large bipedal mammals, over the course of my military career I've found that nothing beats the good ol' mikey deuce for taking down a dude, er...bigfoot

Last edited by senormysterioso : 03-02-2009 at 10:51 AM.
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote