Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 03-02-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jason Taylor Released...

Very nice use of that 2nd round pick Vinny!
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Whatever.

He refused to add in a clause that would require him to go to part of OTAs this offseason. Screw that... if he's gonna put himself before the team, especially after his ****** play, I have no problem cutting him.

I hope Snyder really screws him over. Talk to Tom Cruise and make sure he never sees Hollywood.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we can't blame JT entirely who gives up a second and 6th rounder for a guy who says he only wants to play 1 or 2 years max left. On another note we definitely made this move for something bigger. I am hoping it's to sign Ray Willis and Angelo Crowell but I fear it's for something stupid like trading all the picks we have and more for Julius Peppers who is going to command a top 5 contract in the NFL, or maybe try to trade for someone like Torry Holt.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Red_BearSkins
Rookie

Red_BearSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ugh. Now we have a hole at DE. So I guess the rumors of them sticking him at SAM on rushing downs were just a rumor after all.

This means we're not done in free agency, that's 6.5 mil off the books.

Ray Willis, resign Evans or Daniels maybe? I would say go after Crowell, but Vinny's trends seem to indicate him taking a LB at 13...
Red_BearSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Crowell would be sexy.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_BearSkins View Post
Ugh. Now we have a hole at DE. So I guess the rumors of them sticking him at SAM on rushing downs were just a rumor after all.

This means we're not done in free agency, that's 6.5 mil off the books.

Ray Willis, resign Evans or Daniels maybe? I would say go after Crowell, but Vinny's trends seem to indicate him taking a LB at 13...
I really wouldn't want that. There won't be an OLB worth taking at 13 although I can see Vinny loving Cushing because he has big muscles. Crowell would be amazing as he's already a proven monster and Ray Willis is young and would solve the RT problem as you'd have to assume either him or Heyer would take command of that spot. If we could make those two simple signings we can focus on a DE in the draft and be set. Problem is like this stuff I am hearing about the Skins wanting Orakpo to play SAM just completely confuse me. He seems confused. He must hear about this DE's playing OLB but he doesn't realize they are in a 34. Watch him draft Larry English who I'd actually want but put him at SAM lol. Vinny's so stupid it wouldn't surprise me to see him think he can play Everette Brown or God forbid Maybin or Michael Johnson as 43 OLB's. I want to puke thinking about it, but something tells me Vinny likes Michael Johnson. Probably thinks he's the next Jason Taylor in his prime of course.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

At 13 if Orakpo is there our DE problem is solved if not we can trade back and take Larry English

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Interesting move,makes vinny look a fool for taking Taylor last year but now there is more cap space to spend.
No second rounder though,but the skins haven't the time to draft and develop,or that seems to be their mantra.

Likely a O.T. signed next.Shame they couldn't have kept d.e./d.t.canty away from the giants.
Maybe a punter(hunter smith?)is taken as well.

Draft wise i think the skins are looking at S.L.B.
Orakpo and d.t. Raji will be gone so guess it will be
Rey
Or maybe everette Brown/Maybin
With d.e./d.t. tyson Jackson an outside bet(remember Blache liked Merling and Laws from last years draft,he could be looking for something similar this year).

With the end of the C.B.A. coming i wonder if there wont be as many trades in the first rounds as teams are leery of spending more upfront for contracts.
Trading down will be much harder this time.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:14 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Interesting but Dhall didn't even sign that big contract until yesterday because before we cut JT we didn't have the cap room to resign Hall after the Haynesworth signing. So Dhall could have still gone with another team. Lets us know though that we aren't exactly playing it safe with contracts and we have even less cap than we thought we had if it took JT getting cut just to sign Hall and Dock. Even worse is the Titans might file tampering charges with Fat Albert. Maximum penalty they could take away our first rounder but lets pray not. Also the fact that we wanted to keep JT is alarming because it would have meant we would have had to make some surprise cuts.