Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
3 million a year for a thousand yard running back (with 5.6 ypc) hasn't been overpay since Independence Day was in theaters.
Look beyond the stats and assess the situation he had in New York.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I really wish him the best and think Tampa is a very good spot for him because they have a good young oline to run behind a big strong RB to wear defenses down for. He's a true jack of all trades, master of none and he helps you in a lot of different ways, but that doesn't make him worth much to a team who's got a great lead back ad behind him have a young explosive back who should be able to replace Ward as a receiving back with a good offseason and is already as productive of a runner, not even mentioning that he's far more explosive and tougher to bring down.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Look beyond the stats and assess the situation he had in New York.
If all people looked at was the stats, 4 million a year would seem like the bargain of the offseason.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great signing considering he came cheaper than Michael Clayton. With Caddy injured again and Clifton better off returning, we needed someone to split carries with Graham. With Ward, we can now use our 3rd and 4th rd picks on defense instead of looking at guys like James Davis and Andre Brown.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
If all people looked at was the stats, 4 million a year would seem like the bargain of the offseason.
That's why you look past the stats and realize it's just a good solid deal.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
That's why you look past the stats and realize it's just a good solid deal.
Yes, but he offered the Giants, where its known he would have success a better deal and they turned it down.

I enjoyed watching E, W and F. :(
Old 03-02-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, but he offered the Giants, where its known he would have success a better deal and they turned it down.

Because why spend that money on a guy who we think we can replace with more touches for Bradshaw and some Danny Ware. It's not like we let him go because we're cheap, we let him go because Reese thought that that money could be better spent elsewhere with minimal loss in production.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
Because why spend that money on a guy who we think we can replace with more touches for Bradshaw and some Danny Ware. It's not like we let him go because we're cheap, we let him go because Reese thought that that money could be better spent elsewhere with minimal loss in production.

Because the Giants had the #1 run game in the NFL this past season and why rock the boat for only 3 million in cap savings?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
like i already said.

The Giants had 7 mil a year for Canty but not 4 for Ward. :(
good point. its sad. derrick ward was great for us and he will always be as highly regarded to giants fans as anyone right now...i hope he has great success in tampa he deserves it

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Good to see him get the respect he deserved last offseason.

But one thing that is going against him. He doesn't have Madison Hedgecock and the Giants offensive line in front of him anymore. The Giants line, as a group, were the best run blockers in the NFL last year. After closely watching Tampa Bay 3-4 times last year, their big boys aren't close to halfway up the totem pole. We'll see what he's got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Because the Giants had the #1 run game in the NFL this past season and why rock the boat for only 3 million in cap savings?
Bradshaw is better than Ward. Guaranteed you'll agree in 9 months.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-03-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I like him more but let's see him do it first. I'd say he's got as good of chance at being successful but saying he's already better when has yet to average even close to double digit touches per game is premature to say the least.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good to see him get the respect he deserved last offseason.

But one thing that is going against him. He doesn't have Madison Hedgecock and the Giants offensive line in front of him anymore. The Giants line, as a group, were the best run blockers in the NFL last year. After closely watching Tampa Bay 3-4 times last year, their big boys aren't close to halfway up the totem pole. We'll see what he's got.
Aren't even half way? The Bucs O-Line is possibly the most promising part of the team. Particular the interior trio of Sears, Joseph and Faine.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:13 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maintaining the #1 run game in the NFL for 10 mil (apparently 9 as Ward wanted 3 a year from the Giants) a year is "beyond foolish"?
Football is not a game of maintenance; it's a game of replacement. The NFL is a young man's league.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:13 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Football is not a game of maintenance; it's a game of replacement. The NFL is a young man's league.

Ward is going to be 29 with 342 career carries (and 69 career receptions). Not exactly a lot of wear and tear there. And why wouldn't you want to maintain the number one run game in the NFL?
Old 03-03-2009, 07:34 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Great signing considering he came cheaper than Michael Clayton. With Caddy injured again and Clifton better off returning, we needed someone to split carries with Graham. With Ward, we can now use our 3rd and 4th rd picks on defense instead of looking at guys like James Davis and Andre Brown.
If James Davis or Andre Brown are available with our 3rd and 4th round picks, I'd take both. They're steals.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:44 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

there still is E, W and F...

and yfs (as usual) is right. 29 for a RB is getting to that age where they start slowing down. Bradshaw has his chance to shine right now as our #2 back. I'm excited to see what he can do, but still want to sign another vet for the G-men.

I just really wanna see what Ward can do in Tampa and how they'll utilize him. very intrigued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:24 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I talked to Coach Garrett, Jason Garrett's father, and the knows everything about football, and he was more excited about Bradshaw than with Jacobs. He liked what Jacobs brought to the game, but he held Bradshaw in high regard over ALL our backs. Simply talked about the first 3 steps and how explosive he was. He also liked his vision as well which is deadly when you mix it with that explosive first 3 steps.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

Great pickup by the Bucs, Ward is gonna be a nice back for them rushing and catching the ball outta the backfield....... Now TB just needs a WR, and QB then they have an offense, LOL

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I talked to Coach Garrett, Jason Garrett's father, and the knows everything about football, and he was more excited about Bradshaw than with Jacobs. He liked what Jacobs brought to the game, but he held Bradshaw in high regard over ALL our backs. Simply talked about the first 3 steps and how explosive he was. He also liked his vision as well which is deadly when you mix it with that explosive first 3 steps.
Shockey+Manning=Shocking, good 2 see another fellow Giants.com MBer on these boards (theyre the only Giants posting I can do at work, LOL)

Old 03-03-2009, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Quote:
Agreed, Id take Ward back over Bernard....Not sure about Canty yet, Im a sucker for NFLers from NYC. Too bad we wouldnt even give the guy 3mil after he was part of the 4th RB tandem in NFL HISTORY to rush for over 1K yds

Old 03-03-2009, 08:37 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase1 View Post
Shockey+Manning=Shocking, good 2 see another fellow Giants.com MBer on these boards (theyre the only Giants posting I can do at work, LOL)
Yeah, I like this MB, good way to interact with other fan bases.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Oh trust me I saw it in him in the preseason of 2007. If you have any tapes...watch him break tackles. Just unbelievable. With Ward out of the picture, I expect Bradshaw to absolutely burst on to the scene and tear it up.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Caddy stays healthy then he could be part of another great 1-2-3 punch with him, Earnest, and Caddy...great signing...other than cutting Brooks I love what the Bucs are doing this year

hopefully them AND the Rams will be good this year

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Kase1
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, I like this MB, good way to interact with other fan bases.
Word, thats what I'm lovin as well. Every FA pickup we get ive been going to their team boards here and checking the low down on the guys we get. I couldnt believe all the praise for Boley, its kinda like us Giants fans with Ward, just about nothing but good news. Now Im waiting to hear what the Texans fans gotta say about CC Brown the new Safety we just inked from Houston

...I enjoy these MBs as well, theyre the only football MBs I can access at work