Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-03-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Grady Jackson to sign with Detroit (pending physical)

http://www.freep.com/article/2009030...after+physical

Should be a very good signing. He'll eat up blockers and allow Ernie Sims to make plays.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
http://www.freep.com/article/2009030...after+physical

Should be a very good signing. He'll eat up blockers and allow Ernie Sims to make plays.
I like it! I'm not sure who, but somebody called this in another thread and I give them props!

Grady should be a big addition, both litterally and figuritively(sp?) speaking. He should give us a little flexibility with drafting a NT type of player and let him learn/get stronger while playing as a rotational player.

One guy that I really like for that role and who would be a 2nd pick would be Sammie Lee Hill, from Stillman. I like this guys size and I've read that he gots a good motor.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...9&postcount=21

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A multi-year deal for a NT who is already 36...that is my only problem with the signing if he passes the physical.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good signing for a year or two...should help out quite a bit. Hopefully Redding really benefits from this too.
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The goods with Grady is you know what you are going to be getting. Plus the fans love a fat guy.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I signed Grady Jackson as a Free Agent in the Expansion Forum Mock that we did back in mid January. I win.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I signed Grady Jackson as a Free Agent in the Expansion Forum Mock that we did back in mid January. I win.
pooey head.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-03-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
A multi-year deal for a NT who is already 36...that is my only problem with the signing if he passes the physical.
Thats a big if. :)

At the very least he is a goalline artery clogger, but I worry about his age. I would love to have Grady Jackson in 2005, but now... I just hope he isn't Darby 2.0.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your draft is shaping up in terms of positions you'll look at...

QB, LB, CB, OT, TE...

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW, does anyone know if Grady was a full time DT last year? Or if he came out only on certain downs? I thought he was a special situation type player when he was with Green Bay and with his age I imagine he might not be in on definite passing downs.

Just curious what kind of roll he is capable of at 36. I do like the signing depending on expectations. I'm a big fan of the fat-guy DT.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblain1 View Post
BTW, does anyone know if Grady was a full time DT last year? Or if he came out only on certain downs? I thought he was a special situation type player when he was with Green Bay and with his age I imagine he might not be in on definite passing downs.

Just curious what kind of roll he is capable of at 36. I do like the signing depending on expectations. I'm a big fan of the fat-guy DT.
Good question and I dont know the answer, but I do know that Atlanta was really happy with the way Babineaux played next to him so hopefully he can help Redding regain his pre-contract form.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grady was used on running downs only
Old 03-03-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good I like it. I think this gives a DT such as Hood or Jerry more flexibility as well. This signing can give our D-Line multiple looks, and I think add a little value to a rookie DT.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Hopefully it increases the chances of us picking a LB at #20 or #33.

I think the Lions are viewing him as a starter though.. That would be a mistake, I like him as a situational/rotational guy.. but I'm not gonna tire him out, he's old AND fat AND has bad knees.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he brings the size option for schwartz/cunningham to utilize. i don't think we even had anybody over 300lbs left on our roster. this atleast gets us a chance to stop the run in crunch time. we can figure out the filler time as the situation depends. his teammates love him too.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I wouldn't mind Cushing at 20.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-03-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good for them. NT is such an important position for any defense. What type of D does Detroit plan on running next year?
Old 03-03-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

more of a traditional 4-3 with hints at disguised coverage at the line. no more tampa 2.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-03-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Good for them. NT is such an important position for any defense. What type of D does Detroit plan on running next year?
Compared to last year, the Lions are running an actual defense in 2009.

I would describe last years D as the train scene with Winston in Ghostbusters II. Lions Defense was Winston and the train was our opponents offenses. And Rod had that same look as Winston all year when the train went through him.

Last edited by Maybe Next Year Millen2 : 03-03-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
Compared to last year, the Lions are running an actual defense in 2008.

I would describe last years D as the train scene with Winston in Ghostbusters II. Lions Defense was Winston and the train was our opponents offenses.
yeah the lions last year could not stop the run. that was probably their most glaring weakness. our lack of run stop came to a crescendo on thanksgiving when run happy Tennessee. Two of their rbs had 100 yard games and in total we gave up 292 yards on the ground. I'm hoping gravy brings his appetite for eating running backs.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

lol he just wanted a chance to eat john madden's turkey even if it meant playing for the lions the other 15 games.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-03-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblain1 View Post
yeah the lions last year could not stop the run. that was probably their most glaring weakness. our lack of run stop came to a crescendo on thanksgiving when run happy Tennessee. Two of their rbs had 100 yard games and in total we gave up 292 yards on the ground. I'm hoping gravy brings his appetite for eating running backs.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...=2008&season=2

Yep dead last in run D and it wasn't even close.

The pass D was terrible too and if our run D wasn't so bad, I think our pass D would have been dead last as well. It's just that teams decided to run on us more. We played a lot of good runnig teams too. Ten, Jax,Minni twice, Carolina, Atlanta etc. Grady's a stop gap both figuratively and actually a stop gap. I think we still should take Brace though because Grady obviously can't play every down or if not bring in Fluellen on 3rd downs. DTs take one year to develop before they are really ready so getting Grady was a good signing. And maybe Fluellen can suprise some people as a 3rd down guy.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...=2008&season=2

Yep dead last in run D and it wasn't even close.

The pass D was terrible too and if our run D wasn't so bad, I think our pass D would have been dead last as well. It's just that teams decided to run on us more. We played a lot of good runnig teams too. Ten, Jax,Minni twice, Carolina, Atlanta etc. Grady's a stop gap both figuratively and actually a stop gap. I think we still should take Brace though because Grady obviously can't play every down or if not bring in Fluellen on 3rd downs. DTs take one year to develop before they are really ready so getting Grady was a good signing. And maybe Fluellen can suprise some people as a 3rd down guy.
Agreed. Grady is a good signing but we gotta draft another dT and get some long term talent on that line.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

i can't get those numbers in madden. 5.1 ypc, 2754 yards, and 31 touchdowns!

Prowler's Newb Guide