Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-04-2009, 03:53 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
Nitowl's supposed to be very a generic do-gooder type hero...
I wouldnt know...still seems really corny, though....either way. Hopefully, they do well with character development or outsiders of the novel could get the wrong impression.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:48 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Niteowl does seem like such a generic hero and a puss, in every scene I've seen...and Rorshack's (spelling is wrong) voice is surely to get annoying, just like Bale's batman voice.
In the comic book, Nite Owl is fat, depressed, and has erectile dysfunction. He's essentially Batman with absolutely no righteous vengeance.

And Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach is the one part of this movie I think won't suck. Unlike Bale's ridiculous Batman voice (admittedly, any Batman voice besides Kevin Conroy's is useless), Rorschach's voice is supposed to be like that.

I just hope this thing doesn't suck. Considering that this thing was, at one time, in consideration for a whole series of television episodes to convey the whole story and also stood a shot of being directed by Darren Aronofsky (as a movie, that is), somehow I don't think I'll be able to give Snyder that much slack. Nothing he's done to date gives me much confidence on top of the fact that it would be nearly impossible to do the comic book true justice in just one movie.

Everyone should read the book. It's a truly unique offering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
It's a graphic novel you cockass.
Don't. Just don't. Calling it a comic book doesn't make it any less serious, nor does calling it a graphic novel make it any more impactful. Alan Moore has called Watchmen a comic book on many occasions. Not all comic books are graphic novels, but all graphic novels are comic books.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:45 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have never even heard of Watchmen prior to seeing the trailer but, I am very interested in the plot and It'll be nice to see one of these "superhero" movies and not have such high expectations. Basically because I know nothing about these guys it will be up to the actual movie to tell me the whole story. With Batman, Spiderman, Superman; I have lots of preconceived notions about the plot and most of all the apperance of the superheroes. This will be a nice change of pace. Looking forward to it.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Don't. Just don't. Calling it a comic book doesn't make it any less serious, nor does calling it a graphic novel make it any more impactful. Alan Moore has called Watchmen a comic book on many occasions. Not all comic books are graphic novels, but all graphic novels are comic books.
I was just waiting for someone to make this post back. I was just taking a jokeish shot at Tampa for the hell of it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny thing is...you can sneak Javier Bardem in the movie as the Comedian in a few scenes and no one would even know. haha. It's pretty crazy how much Jeffrey Dean Morgan looks like him sometimes.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-04-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It's a graphic novel you cockass.
If Alan Moore does something I'm calling it a damn comic book.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076 View Post
I have never even heard of Watchmen prior to seeing the trailer but, I am very interested in the plot and It'll be nice to see one of these "superhero" movies and not have such high expectations. Basically because I know nothing about these guys it will be up to the actual movie to tell me the whole story. With Batman, Spiderman, Superman; I have lots of preconceived notions about the plot and most of all the apperance of the superheroes. This will be a nice change of pace. Looking forward to it.
Actually Vegas has it at 2 1/2: 1 odds to be the highest grossing movie of the year.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only have one thing to say.

WHO WATHCHES THE WATCHMEN?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I only have one thing to say.

WHO WATHCHES THE WATCHMEN?
Unfortunately, not me on opening weekend. I'm pretty choked.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
I wouldnt know...still seems really corny, though....either way. Hopefully, they do well with character development or outsiders of the novel could get the wrong impression.
Don't worry about it, not even snyder can ruin this source material. I'm sure whom ever wrote the script stayed pretty true to the comic, outside of them changing the ending slightly, so snyder doesn't really have to anything make it look cool.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it would be much easier to not do Watchmen justice than you're making it sound.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well, the At the Movies guys loved it. They say Jackie Early Haily, Jeffery Dean Moran, and Patrick Wilson are all excellent. Well, the one guy loved Patrick Wilson and the other didnt like his character but, the general consesus is that Wilson does a fine job. As for the castings...Crudup is the f'ing man so he'll be great, I'm sure. Malin Ackerman is a head scratcher...she is a terrible actress with an annoying voice, that was the weirdest choice, imo and I'm not sold on Goode in his role. It may be his character but, it just seems strange, imo. After watching G4's special on the Watchmen, I'm more interested now. I def. think Rorshaqe (spelling again, ha) will annoy me with that voice...I dont care if his voice is supposed to sound like that, it doesnt make it any less annoying.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-05-2009 at 01:04 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Rorschach is awesome. If Haily does him right, his voice won't matter. One of the best comic book characters ever.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What? The early reviews are saying that it's true to the book? That's a surprise. I was already excited. Now I'm officially pumped. I mean, I'm sure they'll screw a couple things up, but that goes with adapting it to a movie. Moore said on multiple occasions that he deliberately designed it to not be conducive to film. Tough conversion.

The main thing people who aren't familiar with Watchmen need to know is that it's far from Gotham. It takes elements of the standard super hero stories and twists them into something that's much more real. The aesthetic of it is just a shell for the real story. It's still very much a story about heroes. But it isn't exactly a pulse pounding hero takes down the bad guy story people will be expecting.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 03-05-2009 at 01:23 AM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:27 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Actually Vegas has it at 2 1/2: 1 odds to be the highest grossing movie of the year.
That not what I meant when I said "change of pace". I meant for me a change of pace.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said a little bit in the other thread, I'm not worried about this being an alltime great movie or anything, I am hoping it is true to the comic book (as close to frame for frame as possible) and am looking forward to seeing the novel come to life on a big screen with great special effects and characters portrayed by the actors that are close to how I imagined them to be. The book gets better everytime you read it, I can't wait to see how it translates to the silverscreen.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

So, what's the deal with Malin Ackerman's character? I know about her back story now but, she loves Dr. Manhattan (Crudup) but, gets it on in with Niteowl in the Owl ship thing? haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-05-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So, what's the deal with Malin Ackerman's character? I know about her back story now but, she loves Dr. Manhattan (Crudup) but, gets it on in with Niteowl in the Owl ship thing? haha.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just got back from the midnight screening. I really liked it but am too tired to get more into it. Will edit post tomorrow
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got back from a midnight screening and I have to get up in a little over 4 hours for work, but I'll was pretty impressed with the movie. There was some faults with it (Akerman notably) and I don't think it's TDK good, but it's in the upper echelon of comic based films.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-06-2009, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Watchmen was great. I didn't have a problem with anyone's performance in the film, it was well adapted, and all around pretty awesome
Old 03-06-2009, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Were we supposed to post thoughts in the Watchmen thread or this one? I'm confused.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-06-2009, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Were we supposed to post thoughts in the Watchmen thread or this one? I'm confused.
As am I. I was going to post in the Watchmen thread but ******* Chucky posted here first so I followed him.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:27 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was okay, not a movie you go see at midnight, there was so much plot involved and less action that I expected, but I guess I am just ignorant to the Watchmen story.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I thought it was okay, not a movie you go see at midnight, there was so much plot involved and less action that I expected, but I guess I am just ignorant to the Watchmen story.
There was actually more action than I expected. It was a pretty ******* gory movie.