Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 03-17-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yay I got joe smith! :D

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey D, we gonna do that trade we talked about last night?
Old 03-17-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone has any closers available let me know.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade just went down.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I accepted it.

But I am glad that I got to pick up Tim Alderson. I think he is going to be a stud. I played against him during summer ball the year he got drafted.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Trade just went down.
I voted "Accepted".
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Hey D, we gonna do that trade we talked about last night?
Maybe... lemme think about it some more.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How come some propsects are listed in the ESPN database and others arent? It's not based on age or level either so I can't really figure out the rhyme or reason to it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-17-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
How come some propsects are listed in the ESPN database and others arent? It's not based on age or level either so I can't really figure out the rhyme or reason to it.
There probably is no rhyme or reason...
Old 03-17-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
There probably is no rhyme or reason...
Well that sucks then. I hate random stuff like that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-17-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Trade just went down.
I like me some Brandon Morrow.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do the DL spots not apply to pitchers? I just picked up Tim Hudson who is already on the DL and has an asterik next to his name, yet I can't place him in one of my DL spots.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

omg yay! Bumgarner is mine! :D

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Do the DL spots not apply to pitchers? I just picked up Tim Hudson who is already on the DL and has an asterik next to his name, yet I can't place him in one of my DL spots.
I don't think DL spots can be used until the season starts. but that's just my guess.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to put in a waiver claim for Garrett Anderson but I refuse to waste my high waiver priority on someone useless.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think DL spots can be used until the season starts. but that's just my guess.
Ok I will just keep him on my bench until then. I'm not sure though, because once the * is put next to the name and it says 60DL in red, you can normally do it. I'll wait and see. Something to just keep an eye on.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Ok I will just keep him on my bench until then. I'm not sure though, because once the * is put next to the name and it says 60DL in red, you can normally do it. I'll wait and see. Something to just keep an eye on.
Does anyone have a Batter on the DL that they can test this out on?

Pitchers should be able to be put on the DL.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Does anyone have a Batter on the DL that they can test this out on?

Pitchers should be able to be put on the DL.
Nevermind. I figured it out. Had to go to Manage DL on the top navigation bar and move one of the DL spots down to the pitchers.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm open to trade offers, sorry if I haven't been real receptive to this league. Life is kicking my ass right now, but no more excuses its go time on idol!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still looking for a C, SS, OF and/or RP. Anyone on my team is available if the offer is right.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

If you haven't done so yet, you should update your trade block.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Assessing the Triple Crown Division

Team KCJ58 - David Wright is nice, but having to rely on 4 key starting positions with players from the same team (which happens to be the team you cheers for) ultimately spells doom. Don't get me wrong, Russell Martin, James Loney, Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw are all very great and promising. But it's very risky relying so heavily on one MLB team. You had a pretty good draft imo.

Team OSUGiants - Great Outfield trio, but an infield of Ryan Doumit, Ryan Garko, Carlos Guillen and Christian Guzman is underwhelming. Best 1-2 combination at the 2 starting RP positions and good depth at the position as well. Starting pitching is not half bad. Not really a fan of your draft strategy, but there are some nice pieces in place if you can build on that.

Team BigDawg - "That Guy". That guy who spent $$$ on A-Fraud. Duked it out with me on Longoria. I wanted him pretty badly. Same with Josh Hamilton. But I think it cost you on your ability to spend on the pitching end. Outside of Billingsly, there ain't much to fall back on. Draft strategy had many peaks and trofts without much in between. Best value: Nick Markakis.

Team aNYtitan - An outfield of Nady, Burrell and Adam Jones ain't bad at all...but not showing up for the draft pretty much killed your chances of competing this year... and anytime in the near future (if you want my honest opinion). Start building for the future from Week 1. An outfield of Nady, Burrell and Adam Jones ain't bad at all...

Team D-Unit - Crazy draft. Too much banking on upside and youth and not enough stability. Good Luck pal. May you catch lightning in a bottle. :D
Old 03-20-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Assessing the Triple Crown Division

Team KCJ58 - David Wright is nice, but having to rely on 4 key starting positions with players from the same team (which happens to be the team you cheers for) ultimately spells doom. Don't get me wrong, Russell Martin, James Loney, Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw are all very great and promising. But it's very risky relying so heavily on one MLB team. You had a pretty good draft imo.

Team OSUGiants - Great Outfield trio, but an infield of Ryan Doumit, Ryan Garko, Carlos Guillen and Christian Guzman is underwhelming. Best 1-2 combination at the 2 starting RP positions and good depth at the position as well. Starting pitching is not half bad. Not really a fan of your draft strategy, but there are some nice pieces in place if you can build on that.

Team BigDawg - "That Guy". That guy who spent $$$ on A-Fraud. Duked it out with me on Longoria. I wanted him pretty badly. Same with Josh Hamilton. But I think it cost you on your ability to spend on the pitching end. Outside of Billingsly, there ain't much to fall back on. Draft strategy had many peaks and trofts without much in between. Best value: Nick Markakis.

Team aNYtitan - An outfield of Nady, Burrell and Adam Jones ain't bad at all...but not showing up for the draft pretty much killed your chances of competing this year... and anytime in the near future (if you want my honest opinion). Start building for the future from Week 1. An outfield of Nady, Burrell and Adam Jones ain't bad at all...

Team D-Unit - Crazy draft. Too much banking on upside and youth and not enough stability. Good Luck pal. May you catch lightning in a bottle. :D

My strategy was a success :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Howard is on the block for closer. Send me a PM here if you are interested.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sure do like me the honesty, but I'm banking on keeping my eyes peeled on the waiver wire for future big time prospects or impact players. I already know its going to be a really tough season unless I am able to pull of some miracles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote