Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 07-29-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

to be honest i thought about this and I would be down for keeping 20 players next year, i say we keep 10 like we agreed on this year and after next years draft then we keep 20, the only reason i say this is cause some guys on my roster i wanted to kept but then dropped because we were only keeping 10, so i say do that

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
to be honest i thought about this and I would be down for keeping 20 players next year, i say we keep 10 like we agreed on this year and after next years draft then we keep 20, the only reason i say this is cause some guys on my roster i wanted to kept but then dropped because we were only keeping 10, so i say do that
That is option 2.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would a compromise be to keep 15?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Would a compromise be to keep 15?
That sounds good to me. 15 this year and 20 next year. I like that option.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just going to make it 15 keepers this year and 20 next year. If anyone has a conflict with this bring it up soon or forever hold your peace.

Last edited by D-Unit : 07-30-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say do 15 this year and then 20 after that like Jughead said.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:49 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

How does that trade work?

Xiomera receives:
Manny Ramirez - 178pts
Colby Rasmus - 180pts
Sean West - 89pts

GF1080 receives:
Prince Fielder - 353pts
Bobby Abreu - 323pts

Like really guys? I feel like since I said Xio's not in the league next year that he's trying to pull a stunt. This might be the first Commish Veto.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:03 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I say do 15 this year and then 20 after that like Jughead said.

that's perfect let's do that, also I'm looking for some Pitching help,I have some guys on the trading block if anyone is intrested, check it out on the website, send your offers

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:15 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How does that trade work?

Xiomera receives:
Manny Ramirez - 178pts
Colby Rasmus - 180pts
Sean West - 89pts

GF1080 receives:
Prince Fielder - 353pts
Bobby Abreu - 323pts

Like really guys? I feel like since I said Xio's not in the league next year that he's trying to pull a stunt. This might be the first Commish Veto.
Manny would have a ton more points if he wasn't suspended so you can't use that. He's getting Rasmus who's going to be a stud OF and West who did ok when he was up but profiles as a #2 starter. Abreu is only going to help me this year most likely.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-31-2009, 04:43 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Manny would have a ton more points if he wasn't suspended so you can't use that. He's getting Rasmus who's going to be a stud OF and West who did ok when he was up but profiles as a #2 starter. Abreu is only going to help me this year most likely.
I wanna know what the rest of the league thinks, but I'm suspect. I won't commish veto it regardless, but if the rest of the league thinks it's ok, then I'm ok.

Xio and a bunch of other guys have nothing invested in this league anymore. I might have to do something in the near future to preserve the integrity of this league.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:00 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I would've known Prince was on the block I would've made a play for him :(

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I wanna know what the rest of the league thinks, but I'm suspect. I won't commish veto it regardless, but if the rest of the league thinks it's ok, then I'm ok.

Xio and a bunch of other guys have nothing invested in this league anymore. I might have to do something in the near future to preserve the integrity of this league.
That's fair. If the other GM's vote it down I really can't complain but you can't just base it on the point going each way.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-31-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
That's fair. If the other GM's vote it down I really can't complain but you can't just base it on the point going each way.
I promise that I won't commish veto that trade. Props to you for your fantasy skills.

However, I have to make a decision about these kinds of situations potentially arising in the future. I'm debating whether or not to allow the owners who have long quit on the league to be able to trade players. My gut tells me that I have to take a proactive approach in order to maintain integrity in the league.

In an ideal situation, all owners are active. But in this league we have so many inactive (including longtime trustworthy posters) that the veto power doesn't even work with the number ratio of active vs inactive owners.

The thing I want to avoid is having a team that no new owner will want to have because it's so bad. Since we keep so many players, it's really tough for them to dig themselves out of their hole.

So yeah, I have to think about things.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heart Colby Rasmus.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Lotta trade action from the "inactive" owners.

Josh Hamilton for minced meat? What is this league coming to?
Old 07-31-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm usually not one to veto a trade, even if it is as lopsided (imo) as that one is.
But you have to admit, based on points:
Xiomera receives:
Manny Ramirez - 178pts
Colby Rasmus - 180pts
Sean West - 89pts

GF1080 receives:
Prince Fielder - 353pts
Bobby Abreu - 323pts

is lopsided as hell, will it be as such this second half of the season, not as much but still.
Alas, If you stand in a position to swing such a trade, who am I to ***** because of the fact that I wish I could have done the same trade.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I'm usually not one to veto a trade, even if it is as lopsided (imo) as that one is.
But you have to admit, based on points:
Xiomera receives:
Manny Ramirez - 178pts
Colby Rasmus - 180pts
Sean West - 89pts

GF1080 receives:
Prince Fielder - 353pts
Bobby Abreu - 323pts

is lopsided as hell, will it be as such this second half of the season, not as much but still.
Alas, If you stand in a position to swing such a trade, who am I to ***** because of the fact that I wish I could have done the same trade.
I must agree with that. Carry on.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lotta trade action from the "inactive" owners.

Josh Hamilton for minced meat? What is this league coming to?
D, it was never built to last. The appeal of a deep prospects league isn't there to 98% of us. Who among us plans on being in this league 5 years from now?
Old 07-31-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think the league could last. I'm not sure why once people started to lose a little they all quit the league though. If my trade is really is that big of a detriment to the league then cancel it because I'm enjoying the way this is set up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-31-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
D, it was never built to last. The appeal of a deep prospects league isn't there to 98% of us. Who among us plans on being in this league 5 years from now?
We all know you've given up, but I still think that it's possible to find guys who are interested in maintaining this type of league.

But if you're right and 98% of the guys in this league are not down for it then of course it'll die.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I think the league could last. I'm not sure why once people started to lose a little they all quit the league though. If my trade is really is that big of a detriment to the league then cancel it because I'm enjoying the way this is set up.
It irked me at first. But I have to own up and give you props for it. You're not breaking any rules. It's just going to be that much harder to find someone to take Xio's team. ha.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
It irked me at first. But I have to own up and give you props for it. You're not breaking any rules. It's just going to be that much harder to find someone to take Xio's team. ha.
I am keeping the team. It's build for the long haul.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I am keeping the team. It's build for the long haul.
Actually, you're not. You haven't been active throught the season AT ALL. All you're interested in is manipulating this to the point where you get what you want... and that is an attempt to ruin the league by acting as a bad owner.

Last edited by D-Unit : 07-31-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Actually, you're not. You haven't been active throught the season AT ALL. All you're interested in is manipulating this to the point where you get what you want... and that is an attempt to ruin the league by acting as a bad owner.
Wow, that's quite a ludicruous accusation.

You're right, I have not changed my lineup a single time since the draft.

You and GF each approached me about a trade (knowing I didn't care), and I accepted both deals with little to no negotiation.

In what way am I manipulating anything? I have zero interest in this league. I've accepted deals from people who care enough to ask at this point.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Xio's team isn't that bad. There are a lot of guys hurt right now but I think someone could do a good job with it. Someone will be up for the challenge.

sig by BoneKrusher