Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 08-04-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I can do better for you maybe. D-Unit is one of my main competitors.
Hooray! I lowered his price tag! You all are so very welcome. :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hooray! I lowered his price tag! You all are so very welcome. :D
I probably shouldn't be surprised you're the only one who asked about Neftali.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
You probably shouldn't be surprised that you're the only one who asked about Ricky Romero, Tommy Hanson, and Max Scherzer either. Especially Romero.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You probably shouldn't be surprised that you're the only one who asked about Ricky Romero, Tommy Hanson, and Max Scherzer either. Especially Romero.
Not my fault I properly value my players.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Not my fault I properly value my players.
Never said you didn't. There's a reason why you and I have traded many times in the past.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
Never said you didn't. There's a reason why you and I have traded many times in the past.
Also why many trades have fallen through :P
Old 08-04-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chuckles.

Who's the favorite to win this league now that I am gone?
Old 08-04-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Chuckles.

You don't know how difficult it was to find someone to take your team.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Also why many trades have fallen through :P
True, true. I think I average about 10 failed trade offers before having 1 successful one with everyone I trade with.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Chuckles.

No offense Xio, but your team isn't going to be winning anytime soon. :(
Old 08-04-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Probably because you would be asking for players out of the *** for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Probably because you would be asking for players out of the *** for him
Well, I asked for a good young pitcher in the deal as well as a decent hitting prospect.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
No offense Xio, but your team isn't going to be winning anytime soon. :(
Sorry pal. Good luck.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
You don't know how difficult it was to find someone to take your team.
There were worse teams.

Besides, I had Granderson!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, I asked for a good young pitcher in the deal as well as a decent hitting prospect.
By good young pitcher, you mean someone of top 5 status or someone of top 25 status? Decent could mean Kila...

Quote:
Old 08-04-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
By good young pitcher, you mean someone of top 5 status or someone of top 25 status? Decent could mean Kila...
I was thinking closer to 25.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Feliz/Vlad for TBex/Romero.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Feliz/Vlad for TBex/Romero.
Damn and I was about to ask you about him.

Quote:
Old 08-05-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How are bad teams supposed to like... compete? Everyone gets 15 keepers, so anyone useful is gone. And even then, the worst people dont get to pick first because its auction.

Am I overlooking something, or?

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
How are ****** teams supposed to like... compete? Everyone gets 15 keepers, so anyone useful is gone. And even then, the worst people dont get to pick first because its auction.

Yeah, I was kind of wondering that myself actually.

Even trying to get prospects who will eventually come up and produce will not only take a while but probably could be difficult to get as in many cases it's first come first serve in that respect.

Plus I don't think I would keep 15 players because most of them aren't worth it, heh. That might not be the case for good teams, but my guess is all the good players won't have a chance of being let go even on the good teams.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking for young pitching.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
How are bad teams supposed to like... compete? Everyone gets 15 keepers, so anyone useful is gone. And even then, the worst people dont get to pick first because its auction.

That's actually a very good point. Something I hadn't considered. Because this makes very good sense, I will do what's best for the league. Going forward we will have a traditional draft. With the worst teams going first. The best team will pick last, but will have the #1 waiver priority. I will also say that the minimum amount of keepers you must keep is 11 and the maximum is 15. Each player you keep over 11 results in the loss of a draft pick. During the draft, each person will have a 1 hour time limit. If they don't submit a list, and their time runs out then they get skipped.

I will listen to other opinions, but I think this works.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there a way to an auction draft where different teams get different amounts of money? For instance the better you are the less you money you get to spend in the auction and vice versa. Also, the worst team should probably also have the #1 waiver pick because that might be more important in regards to picking up good young players.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Is there a way to an auction draft where different teams get different amounts of money? For instance the better you are the less you money you get to spend in the auction and vice versa. Also, the worst team should probably also have the #1 waiver pick because that might be more important in regards to picking up good young players.
Not with ESPN there isn't. I don't think that would benefit the worst teams in the league any better though.

As for the waiver... I'm not trying to reward the worst team which will result in tanking, so no, the worst team will not get the #1 waiver priority.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you going to base the draft on the standings or how teams finish after the winning and losing playoff brackets?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote