Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Laveranues Coles agrees with Bengals

Quote:
Coles has agreed to a four-year deal with the Bengals, John Clayton for ESPN.com reports.

Spin: Coles and the Bengals have agreed to the general terms of the deal (four years, $28 million total), but still have to work on the language of the contract and the guarantee clauses.
per ESPN, solid move to replace Housh
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this move by the Bengals. I've always been a fan of Coles.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Veteran

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad Johnson vs Laveranues Coles in a battle of "Give Me The Damn Ball 2009".

I'll say this much about Coles though....When he isnt complaining about something, this guy leaves it all on the field and will take nasty hits to help his team. Bengal fans should like the guy on the football field its just he may be a bit too vocal at TC and what not.

He must have really wanted a more "secure" deal though to get out of his past deal with NYJ to join Cincy....
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

Thank god its not Buffalo. Coles will be a great receiver next to Chad Johnson and he is the type of player that works his tail off. The guy is only 5'10 but plays like he is 6'2. Great move by the Bengals and a solid deal considering. I think both sides will be pleased with this.

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As soon as I think I do not need to worry about the bengals passing as much they sign him. Owell at least it isn't Housh.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a fan of Coles, he's a very good replacement for TJ Whosyourmamma :)
Old 03-04-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That seems like too much money.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
That seems like too much money.
7 million a year? I don't think that sounds like to much at all.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nice pickup for Cincy. Not as good as Housh but good enough as a short term answer.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very happy with this move by the Bengals. The money is a non issue really and if we can get a good 2 or 3 years out of him it will be great. Should help the younger guys as well.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes!!! This means Crabtree just needs to fall past KC and no1 trade up for him and he will be ours!

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting...

Bengals fans would you rather have Coles out there or would you rather Jerome Simpson or Andre Caldwell be given a chance to shine?
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Jerome is probably another year away and Caldwell will get plenty of chances I'm sure. One thing TJ never really did was be much of a mentor to the younger guys and Coles can hopefully help the two along. Very happy with this signing though.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
yes!!! This means Crabtree just needs to fall past KC and no1 trade up for him and he will be ours!
I COMPELTELY AGREE
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
MooshooGawd
Rookie

MooshooGawd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like the move.

With TJ leaving, I was a bit concerned about the question marks at the WR position. Chad is coming off his worst season, can he rebound? Could Chris Henry get his life together and be a number 2? Should we really trust Andre Caldwell after only two good games against teams like the Chiefs and Browns? Plus Jerome Simpson had all of 1 catch last season.

Coles instantly eases those concerns. Chad will have a legit proven target on the other side of him, Henry can stay in that 3rd WR role that he plays so well, and Caldwell can come in and take teams by surprise.

The money is a bit more than I would like, but when you only win 4 games I guess you have to overpay sometimes.

It also means that they hopefully won't flirt with taking Crabtree if he's there. They can just focus on taking Monroe, Andre Smith, Orakpo, Raji or trading back.
MooshooGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Interesting...

Bengals fans would you rather have Coles out there or would you rather Jerome Simpson or Andre Caldwell be given a chance to shine?
Remember, Chad Johnson will be a Free Agent in 2010. So, with that being said, if either player is ready to assume a starting job, they will have to wait only a year. This gives the team to use Andre Caldwell still as an asset on Special Teams and gives Simpson a much needed extra year to develop. You can expect to see Caldwell in a more expansive role this coming season, but it's also nice to know he won't exactly be rushed or forced into the slot. I like the move personally. I do feel the team paid a lot, but the team also has a lot, so it doesn't worry me. Finally, they are focused on getting things done.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

It's not the money that worries me, it's the number of years. Coles is on the wrong side of 30 and is another concussion away from being sidelined for a while.

When he isn't whining about money, his life-partner chad pennington, he is one hell of a gutsy player, who plays hurt and leaves everything out on the field. I was leary when the jets gave him his salary guaranteed and that was only for two years, I would definitely be worried about a 4 year contract.

That having been said, he is a great compliment to CJ and will probably give two good to very good years playing with palmer.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
BroncosFan15
Rookie

BroncosFan15 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just dont get why anybody would want to go to the Cincy but with that being said lets see if Carson can put together a decent season and chad johnson plays to his level

Welcome To The Broncos Weapon X
BroncosFan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I think they have more important needs. Coles was bitching with the Skins after he got 80+ receptions that he didn't get the ball. I doubt the two egos of himself and Chad can co-exist in the same locker room.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
I think they have more important needs. Coles was bitching with the Skins after he got 80+ receptions that he didn't get the ball. I doubt the two egos of himself and Chad can co-exist in the same locker room.
T.J., Chad, and Chris Henry co-existed so I'm sure they'll be fine.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One less WR off the market that could've helped the Eagles or Giants. Phew...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
One less WR off the market that could've helped the Eagles or Giants. Phew...
Kenny Britt will soon haunt you in your dreams. Oh, it's coming.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Kenny Britt will soon haunt you in your dreams. Oh, it's coming.
Yeah... bring on any rookie Wr you want... that's like the worst way to address your #1 Wr position.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah... bring on any rookie Wr you want... that's like the worst way to address your #1 Wr position.
I'm not a fan of either team, but who said he had to be a #1 receiver?
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
I'm not a fan of either team, but who said he had to be a #1 receiver?
You did. #2 WRs don't "haunt" people.