Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
And you think this was based ONLY on the fact that JTO was more comfortable in the system and had nothing to do with the staff not having a favorable opinion of either Smith or Hill?

My point again is simple: why was Shaun Hill so hamstrung? What was it that made him so easy to simply exclude in favor of J. Turnovers. O?
My answer again is simple... MIKE MARTZ wanted HIS GUY because Mike Nolan didn't want to wait for anyone to learn the system.

If you think that a QB, regardless of their skill set, can come in the first week of training camp and play in a COMPLETELY different system without struggling then you have a much higher regard for QBs than I do. Alex Smith was given the opportunity to be "the man" in Martz's new system for 1 1/2 practices. Martz put in O'Sullivan and it remained that way until Singletary's VERY FIRST game as head coach.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
And you think this was based ONLY on the fact that JTO was more comfortable in the system and had nothing to do with the staff not having a favorable opinion of either Smith or Hill?

My point again is simple: why was Shaun Hill so hamstrung? What was it that made him so easy to simply exclude in favor of J. Turnovers. O?
I don't know how many more different ways we can tell you the coaching staff automatically made him the starter.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't get how Romo got brought into this of all QBs out there... Why not Carson Palmer, Jay Cutler, Drew Brees, etc...
Read the first post

Quote:
I'm not going to defend Romo being a franchise QB. I don't even know what that even means to most people. If it's an NFL QB who doesn't have to worry about losing his job, then yeah, he's that. If it means being the face of the franchise, being a leader and example, then yeah, he's on his way. But if it means some excellent All-Pro, then no, I don't think he's in the upper echelon of NFL QBs. He makes too many careless mistakes to be there. He's still young enough to eventually be that kind of QB, but he'll need more good years. I think his status kind of took a hit this year with him missing 3 games with that hand injury. Cowboys would be in the playoffs if he didn't miss any time. The team was night and day without him.
2008 49ers: 2-6 w/o Hill, 5-3 w/ Hill
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Read the first post

2008 49ers: 2-6 w/o Hill, 5-3 w/ Hill
OK, the simple answer to your question is because Romo took the Cowboys to the playoffs. More people would probably believe in Hill if he took the 9ers to the playoffs. But he didn't.

Secondly, stats/wins don't make for accurate player comparisons, so you were off base to begin with in your logic to compare them as players.

If you're trying to compare them as a players, there is a lot of differences.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OK, the simple answer to your question is because Romo took the Cowboys to the playoffs. More people would probably believe in Hill if he took the 9ers to the playoffs. But he didn't.
He had a better record (5-3) than Romo (6-4) but reason the Cowboys made the playoffs in 2006 is because they already had 3 wins in their first 6 games before Romo stepped in while the 49ers only 2 wins in their first 8 games before Hill took over.

Quote:
Secondly, stats/wins don't make for accurate player comparisons, so you were off base to begin with in your logic to compare them as players.

If you're trying to compare them as a players, there is a lot of differences.
You don't compare players using stats and wins? What are you supposed to compare them off of then? Looks? Popularity?
Old 03-09-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shaun Hill > Tony Romo w/o T.O.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Shaun Hill > Tony Romo w/o T.O.
Hill did kill the jets this year :P
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He had a better record (5-3) than Romo (6-4) but reason the Cowboys made the playoffs in 2006 is because they already had 3 wins in their first 6 games before Romo stepped in while the 49ers only 2 wins in their first 8 games before Hill took over.

You don't compare players using stats and wins? What are you supposed to compare them off of then? Looks? Popularity?
It doesn't matter that the Cowboys had 3 wins prior... The direction they were heading for was disaster as long as Bledsoe was the QB. Romo literally turned the season around, obvious enough for many to realize. I think if Shaun had taken the Niners to the playoffs, he'd have built more security for himself with his job. Fair or unfair, that's the fact of the matter, imo.

As for the second part of your post... I can't believe you actually said that... but it made me chuckle. Do you think draft prospects are judged based off their collegiate stats? Or is it their looks? Popularity??? :)

There are so many different factors/variables in comparing stats to determine if one player is like another player. You simply cannot use it to make any sort of firm comparison.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
papa burgundy
Rookie

papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.

Quote:
I find it funny how no one in this topic has given any reason why Shaun Hill can't be a good quarterback other than, "Shaun Hill isn't a franchise QB," while his supporters have posted plenty of numbers proving that he can be. Yet the people that think he sucks think they are right for some reason.
I said why he isn't a franchise QB.. I guess you must've missed it so I'll explain it to you again. It IS because his arm is terrible.. and don't give me any of the Montana's arm was weak ********, because it just wasn't true. Montana didn't have a great arm compared to Marino and Elway.. but he still had an above average arm and threw beautiful spirals and deep balls. Shaun Hill's arm is one of the worst in the league.. its a notch above Ken Dorsey and a notch or two below Chad Pennington. His balls wobble no matter where he throws them and his deep balls have the hang time of a punt and land 10 yards short of where they should be. If he ever had to go up against a ball hawking defense in the playoffs he'd get destroyed.. a perfect example of this was Chad Pennington last year who after his great regular season in the playoffs the windows got smaller and the pressure got higher and he turned the ball over in 1 game almost as much as he did in the entire regular season. So to summarize.. Shaun Hill will never be a franchise QB .. at best he's a adequate to good starter and a GREAT back up. If the Niners get a chance at Matt Stafford in the draft they better take him or heads will roll. Not Sanchez though, because QBs who have 1 year starting experience coming out of college still give me nightmares. Alex Smith.. ughhh.
papa burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It doesn't matter that the Cowboys had 3 wins prior... The direction they were heading for was disaster as long as Bledsoe was the QB. Romo literally turned the season around, obvious enough for many to realize. I think if Shaun had taken the Niners to the playoffs, he'd have built more security for himself with his job. Fair or unfair, that's the fact of the matter, imo.
Because the 49ers were obviously heading in the right direction when Hill took over with 5 straight losses and a mid-season coaching change.

Quote:
As for the second part of your post... I can't believe you actually said that... but it made me chuckle. Do you think draft prospects are judged based off their collegiate stats? Or is it their looks? Popularity??? :)
You don't use college stats to compare draft prospects because college stats mean nothing in the NFL but NFL stats mean a lot in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa burgundy
Shaun Hill will never be a franchise QB .. at best he's a adequate to good starter and a GREAT back up. If the Niners get a chance at Matt Stafford in the draft they better take him or heads will roll. Not Sanchez though, because QBs who have 1 year starting experience coming out of college still give me nightmares. Alex Smith.. ughhh.
I agree with all of those points. I said a couple of pages ago that Hill is a good starter that can lead the 49ers to the playoffs and that if Stafford falls to 10 the 49ers shouldn't hesitate to take him
Old 03-09-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Because the 49ers were obviously heading in the right direction when Hill took over with 5 straight losses and a mid-season coaching change.

You don't use college stats to compare draft prospects because college stats mean nothing in the NFL but NFL stats mean a lot in the NFL.

I agree with all of those points. I said a couple of pages ago that Hill is a good starter that can lead the 49ers to the playoffs and that if Stafford falls to 10 the 49ers shouldn't hesitate to take him
I can already tell that you have selective reading. Did you miss the part where I said Romo helped the team make the playoffs and Hill didn't? And that if Hill did take them there, he probably would have had more job security?

And let me get straight to the point of your confusion once and for all.

No. You cannot use stats to compare players in the NFL. If you want to compare players... or QBs in particular, then compare their knowledge, intelligence, understanding of the game, arm strength, mobility, character, vision, athleticism, coordination, playmaking ability, leadership, moxie, flaws, height, weight, will/determination, how they react under pressure, study habits, practice habits, bloodlines, personality, the kind of people they surround themselves with..., blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

Then you come to the conclusion that nobody can share the same variables and that everybody is different and then this whole conversation is moot.

I can't believe you're sticking with the basis that two players are the same because of their stat line. They both have different players surrounding them, different offensive systems, different opponents, different time of possession, different, different, different... It's all different. How in the world are you trying to make the claim that they are similar is beyond me.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:12 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
*yawn*

dan marino and shaun hill have the same number of super bowl wins. i guess shaun hill = dan marino. i mean, marino only got there, but he had a much better offense.

making illogical arguments (yes, i read the support for it) does nothing to further your cause here.
Now there's definitely a difference between being beat in the 1st round of the playoffs every year you started and being beat in super bowl..

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that stats aren't indicative of talent. Interesting then that nearly every person that ever bashed Alex Smith and called him a bust uses his stats as a reason.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
how? they're completely arbitrary breaking points. so what, if hill got to the playoffs but romo got a first round bye before they both lsot is that different? i mean, there's a pretty big difference in playing in the divisional round and the wild card round. either way it's a ludicrous argument.
As I was saying.. Being called a Franchise QB in this thread obviously isn't based on post season performance. Because one, Hill hasn't made playoffs ever and two, Romo hasn't won in the playoffs but he makes it. If Franchise QBs are expected to perform so well in playoffs why should Romo get the title over so many other starters who have yet to smell the post season?

What makes Romo sooooo great over Shaun Hill. I would like to know. Is Hill's arm that inefficient and weak? Because he's been doing a fine job while "His balls wobble no matter where he throws them and his deep balls have the hang time of a punt and land 10 yards short of where they should be." (Papa Burgundy).

Old 03-09-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I agree that stats aren't indicative of talent. Interesting then that nearly every person that ever bashed Alex Smith and called him a bust uses his stats as a reason.
Haha... No, we use our eyes. His stats just validate our eyes.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
So Shaun Hill is a franchise QB and Alex Smith is not a bust.

Damn, the 49ers are in much better shape at QB than I thought. Too bad they lost out on Warner or they could have had 3 good QBs.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
As I was saying.. Being called a Franchise QB in this thread obviously isn't based on post season performance. Because one, Hill hasn't made playoffs ever and two, Romo hasn't won in the playoffs but he makes it. If Franchise QBs are expected to perform so well in playoffs why should Romo get the title over so many other starters who have yet to smell the post season?

What makes Romo sooooo great over Shaun Hill. I would like to know. Is Hill's arm that inefficient and weak? Because he's been doing a fine job while "His balls wobble no matter where he throws them and his deep balls have the hang time of a punt and land 10 yards short of where they should be." (Papa Burgundy).
Well by the time Romo finished his partial year as a starter, he had gained the confidence of the team owner/gm, coach, and teammates.

Hill hasn't done that. If he had, then Warner wouldn't have been contacted, QB wouldn't be considered draft talk, and Hill would have a safe job. The people who you should be having this debate with is 49er management. Why do you think they think QB is a need? Or do you think they think QB is NOT a need?
Old 03-09-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well by the time Romo finished his partial year as a starter, he had gained the confidence of the team owner/gm, coach, and teammates.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...=tsn&type=lgns

Thank you Clifton Brown

Quote:
Even the 49ers would have to think twice about drafting Stafford or Sanchez. They still are smarting from drafting Alex Smith with the No. 1-overall pick in 05. Bringing in Stafford or Sanchez would create an instant quarterback controversy, and Shaun Hill played well for the 49ers in December.

Im very excited about Shaun Hill, the way he ended his season, said 49ers GM Scot McCloughan. The way his teammates believe in him when he steps into the huddle and walks to the line of scrimmage, and the way he proved he can make plays.
Looks like a work in progress if you ask me. You have to start somewhere.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Hill hasn't done that. If he had, then Warner wouldn't have been contacted, QB wouldn't be considered draft talk, and Hill would have a safe job. The people who you should be having this debate with is 49er management. Why do you think they think QB is a need? Or do you think they think QB is NOT a need?
The only people that think we need a QB are you guys and people not even affiliated with the organization. Of course if one was there (Stafford or Sanchez) we'd have to think twice, but let's face facts.. there's bigger fish to fry on our team because we have an efficient manager in Shaun Hill.

I think I said it before, maybe in another thread, but I think we were straight up used by Warner. We weren't looking to raise his price and use him to hit the cardnials bank, I think he used us.

The cowboys found confidence in Tony Romo because he was a good game manager with the surrounding players he's got. I honestly do think that's all he is and that's all he will ever be. He's not elite like so many others believe because quite frankly, Elite QBs win in the playoffs.

IMO, I think Singletary intends to start Hill but keeps it open in Training Camp to create competition. We've been burned by average QBs getting complacent before. That could be true, or it couldn't but that's my opinion on the confidence matter.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Haha... No, we use our eyes. His stats just validate our eyes.
What did your eyes tell you?
Old 03-09-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
So Shaun Hill is a franchise QB and Alex Smith is not a bust.

Damn, the 49ers are in much better shape at QB than I thought. Too bad they lost out on Warner or they could have had 3 good QBs.
Where in this thread has anyone said that of either QB?
Old 03-09-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The cowboys found confidence in Tony Romo because he was a good game manager with the surrounding players he's got. I honestly do think that's all he is and that's all he will ever be.
He's actually anything but a game manager, never has been anything close to that, so yea...He's been the furthest from it.

Quote:
What makes Romo sooooo great over Shaun Hill.

Would you rather have Shaun Hill over Tony Romo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The only people that think we need a QB are you guys and people not even affiliated with the organization. Of course if one was there (Stafford or Sanchez) we'd have to think twice, but let's face facts.. there's bigger fish to fry on our team because we have an efficient manager in Shaun Hill.

I think I said it before, maybe in another thread, but I think we were straight up used by Warner. We weren't looking to raise his price and use him to hit the cardnials bank, I think he used us.

The cowboys found confidence in Tony Romo because he was a good game manager with the surrounding players he's got. I honestly do think that's all he is and that's all he will ever be. He's not elite like so many others believe because quite frankly, Elite QBs win in the playoffs.

IMO, I think Singletary intends to start Hill but keeps it open in Training Camp to create competition. We've been burned by average QBs getting complacent before. That could be true, or it couldn't but that's my opinion on the confidence matter.
Wa what??? The public thinks Romo is elite? Really, are you serious??? I thought everyone makes fun of him. LOL. Who here on the forum thinks he's elite? I for one have already said Romo isn't elite. I don't know if there are any fans out there outside of Cowboys homers who really do believe he is elite. The guy has made so many dumb mistakes that I am convinced, if he stays that way, then the Cowboys will never win the SB.

You seem upset that Romo has the public believing that he's elite. But I don't think the public thinks he's elite. You have the wrong assumption of him if you do.

But the subject started with Romo being a franchise QB... Being a franchise QB is different from being one of the elite QBs of the league. You realize that right? OK, so don't confuse the two and change the subject at hand. Romo IS a franchise QB.

Can Romo ever become an elite QB? Sure. So can Shaun Hill. The future is yet to be told. If Romo never wins a playoff game for the rest of his career, then he will be what you think he is.

If the Niners think Hill is their franchise QB, then that's all that matters. If the fans think he's their franchise QB, then great. Don't worry what the rest of the world thinks. If you want him to have the public perception that Romo has, then I really have to wonder why...
Old 03-09-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The cowboys found confidence in Tony Romo because he was a good game manager with the surrounding players he's got. I honestly do think that's all he is and that's all he will ever be.
For someone that plays (or will play) football at a collegiate level, this has to be the dumbest thing i've read here in a while. How many games do you sit and watch to know that all Tony Romo is, is a game manager? I mean seriously? He's anything but a game manager. He makes big plays with his ability to move in the pocket, to create time despite shady pass blocking, to make great throws, and he is, despite popular belief, very clutch. It takes more than a quarterback to win in the playoffs, and this Cowboys team has been flawed for many years now. The fact that i'm dignifying this statement with a response is sick.

Quote:
He's not elite like so many others believe because quite frankly, Elite QBs win in the playoffs.
How long did it take Peyton Manning to win a "big" game?
Old 03-09-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread sucks.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote