Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

prolly oakland, the rest of the team is a laughing stock, but their pass defense is very underrated, and is a top 3. With Asomugha and Whoever else (Routt, washington, or w/e is on the other side. Just move huff over there.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
law and surtain didnt get mentioned?

i know both are getting up in age but they still play at a high level and id take either over bly...

Thank You.Both still can flat play despite age.It's the best combo we've had since Dale Carter and James Hasty
Old 03-06-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am glad that there has been an uptick in overall CB play of late. Back a few years ago, there wasn't a lot going on, but with all the new talent coming in, it's nice to see shut-down tandems coming back.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
As much as I strongly agree that the Niners shouldn't be mentioned here, the depth is not bad. Maybe after #3, but really, who cares about your 4th corner?

I will stand by this: Shawntae Spencer is the best #3 corner in the league. Most underrated player on the team.

But this thread isn't about that. Behind the obvious Broncos, I would put the Bears and Ravens.
if you are talking about nickel back...ricky manning jr. is probably the best nickel back IMO not the most talented 3rd DB on a team but the best at playing nickel back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Ken Lucas, Chris Gamble and Richard Marshall is the best nickel set in the NFL.
peanut tillman, nathan vasher, and ricky manning jr. is the #1 nickel set in the NFL :)

yay for homerism!

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
depth behind him is horrid.
I wouldn't go that far.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
23trufant
Rookie

23trufant hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1-Denver
2-Oakland
3-Carolina(If Ken Lucas is healthy, Gamble doesnt gamble so much, and Richard Marshall keeps his play up, thats 3 good CBs.)
23trufant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. Carolina
2. Green Bay
3. Denver
4. San Francisco
5. Oakland
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Finlayson56
Rookie

Finlayson56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Charles Tillman, Nathan Vasher
Old 03-06-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denver, not even close

Champ>>>>>>everyone else

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Champ and Dre Bly at #1 obviously, but one of them could get injured. I'll take Lucas, Gamble, and Bly after that. It annoys me when people throw out their little homer picks. I'll just say the Vikings CBs are in the top halve of the league.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
IMO it isn't really close either. I still think Lucas and Gamble are the best duo as well.
You haven't watched many Panthers games did you? Chris Gamble is not good. Lucas is though, when he was healthy, which he wasn't last year. I think it would be best if Gamble is replaced by Marshall. Either way, they were not that good last year, i.e anywhere near an elite tandem.

Last edited by Shiver : 03-06-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
SanFran
Rookie

SanFran hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well I mIght have said Niners(clements,harris & Spencer) as next rated to Champ and Bly,i'll take my word back and just wait till season starts but Champ and bly are the best rite now(on paper,yet to be seen) next to them are ,Asamougha and Washington ,got to show this guys some Luv coz they did hav the best Pass defense with Huff and Stuart in that mix,but will never rule out Chris Mc and Samari Rolle(Ravens ,they are studs)
SanFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i dont see how anyone could actually argue against bailey and bly.....bailey is better then anyone and bly pre-cover two scheme in det. was a top CB aslo....bates the broncos new Dcordinator runs man to man..which bly is great in....
Old 03-06-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think Youboty and McGee are going to develop into a very good, young corner duo.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Cowboys have to be up there, with the added pressure we will get with Wad'es shemes, Newman and Henry will be even more dominant. Henry is a good CB and could be a #1, just he was hurt last year, and we have Newman.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll throw out two teams CB depth that I like (not saying they are the best):

Atlanta - Look, I'm not a big fan of Jimmy Williams. That said, I won't deny there isn't talent there, and Zimmer did use a similar talent in Henry (and Williams is arguably more physically gifted). If Jimmy can become a solid guy, paired with DeAngelo, that will free up the defense to do more.

Seattle - A lot of injury issues that cloud the picture, but if healthy, I still like Marcus Trufant a lot (albeit, he has to take that next step), and they have capable options across from him, with the two Kelly's.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bly has been the #1 corner most of his career, his position now will only make him better...he's been a pro bowler before, with a great defense, and the best opposite corner you can have, taking #2 wr's, id say denver will be pretty close to shut down if they can get some pressure on the qb....

cant wait for denver to face cincy and indy again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harris And Woodson!

Bly doesnt even want to be in Denver.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
bly has been the #1 corner most of his career, his position now will only make him better...he's been a pro bowler before, with a great defense, and the best opposite corner you can have, taking #2 wr's, id say denver will be pretty close to shut down if they can get some pressure on the qb....

cant wait for denver to face cincy and indy again
exactly...if we get a DE in the draft we will be good to go.....im hoping dumerville wins the starting job this year...along with a rookie DE....we will have alot of pressure if that happens
Old 03-06-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Harris And Woodson!

Bly doesnt even want to be in Denver.
that was before we gave him a contract extension
Old 03-06-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
that was before we gave him a contract extension

Really I never saw that you gave him one, ok Im going to kind of be a homer and say Al Harris/Charles Woodson tie with Champ Bailey/Dry Bly

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Bly is going to dissapoint. Kind of like when we got Samari Rolle and everyone was saying CMac and Rolle would be the best CB duo.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bly is overrated
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.Denver

2.Everyone else

I think Pittsburgh is a sleeper with Mcfadden and Ike Taylor if they are coached up by Tomlin.
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

well i heard and read a rumor about us sending bly and a 1st and 2nd for springs and their 1st....so broncos=Bly,1st,2nd for Wash=Springs and 1st

while i DO think bly is the bigger playmaker when springs is healthy i think he is the better corner....but having the 6th overall would be nice, we could def. get gaines adams that way