Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Well thanks for the insight, i always thought HC's just showed up Sundays and told people what to do.

Why do you feel that Wade is a "doormat" in those areas? Where's the evidence you've used to come to that conclusion? The Ginger is the one that was in charge of the offense that was horribly stagnant and predictable last year, and what cost us games and the playoffs. That's why we're scared of what he'll do.
Well, if youre Wade Phillips, you don't even do that much...

He's the HC. If he has a problem with the Ginger's playcalling, he can grab the duties away from him. He's ultimately accountable for that.

Thats the same reason why I ultimately blame Coughlin for our playcalling. While Killdrive is just as much of a douche as Ginger is, its ultimately Coughlin who is accountable for it bc he allows it to happen without protest.

Evidence? There were articles about it towards the end of the season, im sure youve read them. Not fining players for being late, soft treatment of stars, constantly making excuses for his players etc. All of that adds up.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Oh **** you, Igor.
I really thought the 9ers were gonna pursue him. Thankfully, they spent their time wooing Kurt Warner.

My real question is how did the Packers let him leave GB without signing??? Was their offer lower?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Well, if youre Wade Phillips, you don't even do that much...

He's the HC. If he has a problem with the Ginger's playcalling, he can grab the duties away from him. He's ultimately accountable for that.

Thats the same reason why I ultimately blame Coughlin for our playcalling. While Killdrive is just as much of a douche as Ginger is, its ultimately Coughlin who is accountable for it bc he allows it to happen without protest.

Evidence? There were articles about it towards the end of the season, im sure youve read them. Not fining players for being late, soft treatment of stars, constantly making excuses for his players etc. All of that adds up.
Most HC's have the power to do that... and Wade actually did do that to our DC Brian Stewart. But the difference is Wade brought on Stewart... Jerry brought on Ginger... gave Ginger that dumb contract... Wade had no control over offensive play calls.

What was more hilarious than anything though... Romo overriding Wade's decisions to go for it on 4th down. I still laugh at Wade's face when he said, "You can't do that..." lmao. Zero control on offense. Zilch.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I agree with this sentiment. Even though we lead the league in sacks last year with 54, we need Spencer to step his game up. I personally have doubts with the guy, but I'm patiently waiting.

I see what you mean about needing more pass rush on the DL, but I think they will be addressing NT and not necessarily DE in the draft. I'm thinking a guy like Ron Brace... and moving Ratliff to DE.

As for Wade... his contract is over after the season. It's doubtful his contract gets renewed as a HC, but Jerry might keep him on as DC. He probably won't find another HC job for the rest of his career, so stepping down as DC in a place as comfortable for him as Texas makes sense. There's a reason why Jerry hasn't hired a DC this offseason... he's keep that spot available for Wade in the future, so he doesn't have to fire a guy and can keep consistency in the Defensive scheme/philosophy. Who that new HC will be??? My guess.. Shanny... Ironic seeing as Shanny was brought in to replace Wade in Denver, ain't it? Jerry has an affection for Shanny... every training camp the last few years, we've held scrimmages with Denver because of their relationship. Add in the fact that Jerry keeps talking about putting Romo in the best situation to perform well... I'll tell ya... There isn't a better offensive system for Romo than the WCO. Favre, Hassellbeck, Steve Young... This Ernie Zampese offense that Garrett runs is not the best system for our personnel... and won't work here for long.

That said... this is all my own personal outlook on things.
I think ideally youd love to have Brace, and move Ratliff, but do you see him falling that far? I don't think he'll be there when its Dallas turn at bat.

I might be a minority in this, but I personally think Dallas should switch to a 4-3 front but still incorporate a lot of ZB.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really thought the 9ers were gonna pursue him. Thankfully, they spent their time wooing Kurt Warner.

My real question is how did the Packers let him leave GB without signing??? Was their offer lower?
I never knew he came for a visit, i thought we were just interested in him. I think it came down to playing in a big market and a similar system. IMO, the only teams that really had a chance were the 49ers and Cowboys.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Most HC's have the power to do that... and Wade actually did do that to our DC Brian Stewart. But the difference is Wade brought on Stewart... Jerry brought on Ginger... gave Ginger that dumb contract... Wade had no control over offensive play calls.

What was more hilarious than anything though... Romo overriding Wade's decisions to go for it on 4th down. I still laugh at Wade's face when he said, "You can't do that..." lmao. Zero control on offense. Zilch.
Yeah....thats not good. Jones is to blame for that fiasco.

That game was so bad. I was shocked at how gutless Dallas was in that game. That was essentially a playoff game if you think about it. And they treated it like crap.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

Question for you Dallas fans: does this mean Ratliff will be NT, or that Spears will be rotated in and you will try to draft a NT?

Either way, as an Eagles fan I'm pissed about this move
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yeah....thats not good. Jones is to blame for that fiasco.

That game was so bad. I was shocked at how gutless Dallas was in that game. That was essentially a playoff game if you think about it. And they treated it like crap.
Yep. Jerry is to blame. Jerry likes to roll the dice and Garrett was a hot commodity at the time. Unfortunately, not all decisions are the right decisions and so far Garrett looks like a bad one.

As for the game... I'm never gonna watch a game with thule again. lol. I met up with him in Waikiki, and we watched the game at a Sports Bar/Resturant. Sucks even worse when loud Eagles fans are cheering right next to you. I had to hide my face in shame. :p
Old 03-06-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
According to people around the league, it's what appeared to happen to Olshansky last year that has likely turned off the Packers and other teams once they did a little digging. Two league sources, including one with the Chargers, said that once it became apparent to Olshansky that he wouldn't be getting a lucrative contract extension from San Diego, it appeared as if he shut down to preserve his health and, as a result, was nearly invisible the second half of last season. It got so bad that he was benched for four of the Chargers' final eight games after he had started the previous 54 in which he had appeared.

Olshansky's poor effort down the stretch not only infuriated the coaches and front office, but also some of his teammates. They had known him to be absurdly arrogant -- to the point that some players thought he was a joke -- but when you don't start pulling your weight, players don't have much tolerance for that. - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
I wouldn't be excited.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Question for you Dallas fans: does this mean Ratliff will be NT, or that Spears will be rotated in and you will try to draft a NT?

Either way, as an Eagles fan I'm pissed about this move
Ratliff at NT will never completely go away. But I think there will be some movement along the line if we can get all of the right pieces to make such a move. We do know that Spears at NT doesn't work. They tried it last year and it didn't work. Spears has never been able to get his career off the ground. Personally, I think he's a bad fit for the 3-4. If he were in a 4-3, he could've really had a much better career by now. The unknown in the group is Jason Hatcher. He was a 3rd round pick a couple years ago and he hasn't beaten out the competition. He was a Parcells project, so perhaps the new regime didn't develop him properly... but at 6'6", 295 with a boatload of athleticsm, you'd think he'd figure it out by now. We're still waiting...
Old 03-06-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think a 4-3 makes a lot of sense.

I think Spears can thrive as a 4-3 NT. He's not a 3-4 NT, or DE, but he can be a very solid 4-3 NT.

Ratliff would thrive at 4-3 UT

Ware is a beast, throw him at CB and he'd still kick ass.

Spencer could be the RE and Ware the LE, then you just need get some LBs and youre good to go.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I wouldn't be excited.
That excerpt actually makes a lot of sense. I never considered Igor to be the brightest tool in the shed. As if this cheap contract isn't further proof. Luckily, you don't need to be a brain to play the position. LOL.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
I think a 4-3 makes a lot of sense.

I think Spears can thrive as a 4-3 NT. He's not a 3-4 NT, or DE, but he can be a very solid 4-3 NT.

Ratliff would thrive at 4-3 UT

Ware is a beast, throw him at CB and he'd still kick ass.

Spencer could be the RE and Ware the LE, then you just need get some LBs and youre good to go.
unless they plan on running the Cover 2 that d-line would get run over. The Cowboys had their problems vs. the run last year but it would worsen if they did that, imo.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
unless they plan on running the Cover 2 that d-line would get run over. The Cowboys had their problems vs. the run last year but it would worsen if they did that, imo.
Oh that rush defense... :( Did you guys see Zach get plowed over on those two runs against Buffalo? Ratliff is not a good run stuffer either. He gets taken out so bad sometimes and it's just not funny.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
whose that?
Ryan Grant, Atari Bigby, Donald Lee, and Al Harris.

Ryan Pickett and Charles Woodson would be the two that were excluded.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:23 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really good singing by the Cowboys, and I don't say that often, personally didn't even know he was a FA

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:29 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thomas was pretty much the primary reason the run defense failed down the stretch but, as for the season as a whole...the unit wasnt even that bad, they were ranked like 12th or something by year's end and they were in the top 8-10 for most of the year against the run. Not amazing, but not terrible either. What hurt the most is that they were just on the field too long...our offensive inconsistancies really killed us last year. There was a time last season when Dallas' defense was playing like a top unit and they were ranked in the top 5 in yards against. Now, we still need some coverage help in the middle but, bringing in Brooking (an upgrade over Thomas) and dropping T.O., should only help us here. We still need that SS but, things are looking up.

and as for Igor...his agent denied any big time interest from the Packers, despite earlier reports of him gearing up for a visit there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Thomas was pretty much the primary reason the run defense failed down the stretch but, as for the season as a whole...the unit wasnt even that bad, they were ranked like 12th or something by year's end and they were in the top 8-10 for most of the year against the run. Not amazing, but not terrible either. What hurt the most is that they were just on the field too long...our offensive inconsistancies really killed us last year. There was a time last season when Dallas' defense was playing like a top unit and they were ranked in the top 5 in yards against. Now, we still need some coverage help in the middle but, bringing in Brooking (an upgrade over Thomas) and dropping T.O., should only help us here. We still need that SS but, things are looking up.

and as for Igor...his agent denied any big time interest from the Packers, despite earlier reports of him gearing up for a visit there.
I don't think Brooking is any better though. He might actually be even worse.

The NFC East has the sickest defenses. We might have 4 of the top 5 defenses in the league next year.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:38 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think Brooking is any better though. He might actually be even worse.

The NFC East has the sickest defenses. We might have 4 of the top 5 defenses in the league next year.
Brooking is an upgrade in the sense...that he has a better body and better know how of the defense. Neither could cover a lick but, Keith isnt going to tire like Zach did. By season's end, Zach was done, absolutely shot and he was just getting pancaked over and over and over. None of us are really "stoked" for the Brooking signing but, he should certainly fair better than Zach. We all recognize that it is still a glaring need and I for one, dont have any faith in Bobby Carpenter to play nickel linebacker for us in place of Brooking. But if we can find that coverage guy...Brooking should be a much better two down guy than Zach.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-07-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Brooking is an upgrade in the sense...that he has a better body and better know how of the defense. Neither could cover a lick but, Keith isnt going to tire like Zach did. By season's end, Zach was done, absolutely shot and he was just getting pancaked over and over and over. None of us are really "stoked" for the Brooking signing but, he should certainly fair better than Zach. We all recognize that it is still a glaring need and I for one, dont have any faith in Bobby Carpenter to play nickel linebacker for us in place of Brooking. But if we can find that coverage guy...Brooking should be a much better two down guy than Zach.
I dunno, Brooking is just as old and tired as Zach is. The only upside he has over Zach is familiarity with the scheme. He didn't even play well in the scheme back then, btw.

The problem with the Brooking signing is now even if you do draft a young upcoming guy, he'll have to sit behind Keith. Wade isn't going to favor a rookie over Brooking, so all he's really going to do is hinder your defense.

Whatever happened to Pat Watkins? I thought he had a lot of promise...
Old 03-07-2009, 08:53 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
I dunno, Brooking is just as old and tired as Zach is. The only upside he has over Zach is familiarity with the scheme. He didn't even play well in the scheme back then, btw.

The problem with the Brooking signing is now even if you do draft a young upcoming guy, he'll have to sit behind Keith. Wade isn't going to favor a rookie over Brooking, so all he's really going to do is hinder your defense.

Whatever happened to Pat Watkins? I thought he had a lot of promise...
Firstly...this draft class is pretty bad to begin with when looking for the ILB type we need. Right now, we need someone who can come in and take over for Brooking on passing downs...aka, Kevin Burnett 2.0. haha. Also, it's not really a bad thing that we brought Keith in...it's not like we have high selections, you could have hurt yourself even more by trying to start a 3rd or 4th round pick at the position.

Secondly...we dont have anyone to play opposite Hamlin, so as far as draft need goes, safety is at the top of that list. So, that 2nd rounder of ours is more than likely going there...thus, limiting the search/talent at ILB for us.

As for Brooking, he actually performed very well in Wade's scheme. He actually had two of his best, if not the best seasons of his career under Wade. 2002/2003. I also wouldnt downgrade that of familiarity...Zach admitted that he never felt comfortable playing the MO and was often out of position or found himself overmatched. I'd also say, although Keith isnt the Keith of old, he def. has more in the tank left than Zach does/did.

As for Pat, he did have some nice promise but, he is constantly injured now and has seemed to slow down significantly. He hasnt really made much progress from his rookie season. Maybe he could surprise but, his career path has been rather disappointing after showing all that promise his rookie year. There arent many that would project him as our starter next season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-07-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Firstly...this draft class is pretty bad to begin with when looking for the ILB type we need. Right now, we need someone who can come in and take over for Brooking...aka, Kevin Burnett 2.0. haha.

Secondly...we dont have anyone to play opposite Hamlin, so as far as draft need goes, safety is at the top of that list. So, that 2nd rounder of ours is more than likely going there...thus, limiting the search/talent at ILB for us.

As for Brooking, he actually performed very well in Wade's scheme. He actually had two of his best, if not the best seasons of his career under Wade. 2002/2003. I also wouldnt downgrade that of familiarity...Zach admitted that he never felt comfortable playing the MO and was often out of position or found himself overmatched. I'd also say, although Keith isnt the Keith of old, he def. has more in the tank left than Zach does/did.

As for Pat, he did have some nice promise but, he is constantly injured now and has seemed to slow down significantly. He hasnt really made much progress from his rookie season. Maybe he could surprise but, his career path has been rather disappointing after showing all that promise his rookie year.
My bad, im not all there yet this morning lol. I was thinking about the DE, whats his name, that plays for Seattle now. Kerney?

I got my white guys confused haha.

Inside backers aren't that difficult to find though. You can always get one in the middle rounds. You won't get an elite guy, but all you really need is a run stuffer that can play some decent zone, and you can definitely find one of those.

I remember thinking Watkins had a promising future. I particularly liked his long frame at SS, where he can man up on TEs and come down to support the run.

The Cowboys as a whole, outside of RB and TE, have serious serious depth issues. You better pray your team stays healthy, because depth is a very serious concern for that team.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:05 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
My bad, im not all there yet this morning lol. I was thinking about the DE, whats his name, that plays for Seattle now. Kerney?

Inside backers aren't that difficult to find though. You can always get one in the middle rounds. You won't get an elite guy, but all you really need is a run stuffer that can play some decent zone, and you can definitely find one of those.

I remember thinking Watkins had a promising future. I particularly liked his long frame at SS, where he can man up on TEs and come down to support the run.

The Cowboys as a whole, outside of RB and TE, have serious serious depth issues. You better pray your team stays healthy, because depth is a very serious concern for that team.
Unless they're really counting on Bobby...we'll need to find someone who can play a little more than decent in zone coverage. I agree with the other things you said, depth is a bit alarming. I dont think it's really that bad at DE, though but, others would tend to disagree. But I like what I see in Bowen, and Hatcher has made some plays here and there. As for everywhere else. blah. Especially safety.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-07-2009, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually, I figured that they weren't going after him but I am just upset that now I have to hear about it from my roommate who's a huge Cowboys fan. And he can get annoying about it, to the point that I root against the Cowboys haha.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Our depth is damn ugly. While I do think we helped our QB depth with the addition of Kitna, we done nothing else to shore up our depth adequately. The area of depth that concerns me most of all is the OL. Not many other Cowboys fans are behind me in thinking that OL is a major need. I'm terrified of it. We have nothing behind Flozell... nothing behind Gurode... nothing behind Columbo. At guard, at least we have 3 capable starters in Davis, Holland and Kosier...even McQuistan looked ok at Guard against Philly, but at Tackle and Center we have issues. I'm ok with our receivers because we're at the point where we have a bunch of bodies and need some to emerge (Austin/Hurd/Stanback/Bennett). If anything a mid to late round pick should suffice in finding us a speedy depth threat. I love Brandon Tate and Johnny Knox for example. Defensively, we also have a lot of work... but at least we only have 1 starting spot to fill heading into the draft at Safety. This Igor and Brooking signings so far have helped that cause.