Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i can understand this move for the Bills... will put people in the seats, and will make them relevant to a national audience. It could also help their offense a lot.

I just don't understand this move for Owens... I think it's really clear that the market for Owens must have been extremely small. I'm really surprised that Owens signed so quickly. I think Rosenhaus really wanted to sign early to make it seem like everyone wanted T.O.

It's just a puzzling move all round, I think there's a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-double post

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russie View Post
i'm not trying to say garcia is, i'm just saying that sooner or later t.o. will call him that
I just wanted a reason to post her picture. Goddamn she is gorgeous.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never really liked TO but I find him oddly appealing now that he's with the Bills. I'm not a Bills fan but maybe its the whole small market, small town thing but I'm kind of cheering for him. Though I'm sure that will change soon.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will definitely be an interesting marriage.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:05 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was a great move by the Bills. They will be a good team with TO and Evans. They have the running game, that's going to give them a passing game, their incompetant offense is suddenly pretty powerful and their defense isn't exactly a weakness, IMO.

TO was a scapegoat last year. I've hated him for years...I've seen him screw up teams...but in Dallas he really tried. The media just came up with story after story that made him look bad and put his life under a microscope. Wasn't fair really.

If I was a Bills fan I'd be really excited. I'm actually pretty excited just to see how he does in a more low-profile environment.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:30 AM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coming into next season, the most important player on the team is going to be Jason Peters. If he returns to his all star form from a few years ago, it would create a positive domino affect. He could give Trent extra time and give him the confidence when throwing the ball. Giving Trent time would give our W.R.'s time to get open. A good passing game would open up the run game. When you factor all that in, we could have very good offense.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TO moves to uptown NY...good job. short of stockpiling weapons and hitting people with his car and then fleeing the scene there is little he can do to get into trouble up there. i like it for TO and the Bills.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:24 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
how does it not make sense... it makes perfect sense

Jauron has this one year to keep his job.
The offense has been inept...

Lee Evans is our only WR, and we dont have an experienced, possesion receiver, hes gonna help our younger guys, and its gonna help trent edwards
i didn't mean it like that..T.O. i thought he would go somewhere with other stars and maybe a more expierenced QB
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This should be interesting. When I saw it it came at a complete surprise. But all I could do is laugh and feel sorry for the Bills. :(

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is actually a good move by the Bills.

Its only a 1 year contract.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Hamptorf
Rookie

Hamptorf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i just find this situation all so weird. performance wise i think he will be a good fit for the bills.

its just such a random team to go too

it would be like Lebron James going to golden state
or Jeff Gordon going to Indy next year
Old 03-08-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It came as a big surprise to me. It is a good move by Buffalo, It simply never occurred to me to think about the Bills. Which is a big reason why the move is a good one.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
i can understand this move for the Bills... will put people in the seats, and will make them relevant to a national audience. It could also help their offense a lot.

I just don't understand this move for Owens... I think it's really clear that the market for Owens must have been extremely small. I'm really surprised that Owens signed so quickly. I think Rosenhaus really wanted to sign early to make it seem like everyone wanted T.O.

It's just a puzzling move all round, I think there's a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know.
I agree - my first impression was confusion. I am a big Owens fan though, just as I was a big Randy Moss fan when he was in Minnesota and Oakland, and I think he'll work out well with the Bills. I've met a lot of Bills players and I think he'd fit in - Trent Edwards is a really great guy. I look forward to hopefully going to Bills training camp again this year and meeting Terrell as well.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

My biggest question is how TO affects all of the young guys on this team, does he mess with Trent Edwards confidence or does he help him by giving him a great compliment to Evans. Does he teach Hardy how to be a great professional football player or does he teach him to whine about getting the ball and blaming others? A lot of questions, but this move could pay very well if they get their oline in order for next seasons and they grab themselves a some more defensive help in the draft.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
TO moves to uptown NY...good job. short of stockpiling weapons and hitting people with his car and then fleeing the scene there is little he can do to get into trouble up there. i like it for TO and the Bills.
That's exactly why I think it'll work well here in buffalo. Little national media attention will mean less TO all the time which will be better for everyone. And as long as TO is friendly and funny to the local media he'll do well here. Although this might just save Jauron's job, which would be unfortunate.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One question I have about this is the contract.
Yes, I love the 1 year deal but why so high? And why all guaranteed? From what I know there weren't many, if any, other teams interested so why didn't the Bills make it more incentive based?
Anyone got any insight on this?

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wonder how he's going to handle a young up in coming Quarterback.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's been quieter since his hands have been slowly turning to stone the past few years. edwards will be alright if TO has a few drops.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Yes, I love the 1 year deal but why so high? And why all guaranteed? From what I know there weren't many, if any, other teams interested so why didn't the Bills make it more incentive based?
I'm sure there were at least a few teams interested.

This is a market where Michael Clayton got 5-25 million (granted that was a ridiculously stupid contract), but the point remains that 6.5 is really nothing.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Probably because they missed on their other FA targets and need to get to the salary cap floor.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barber speaks out on T.O.
07:54 AM ET 03.07

---> The normally media shy Marion Barber had something to say Friday. In two interviews, the Cowboys running back talked about Terrell Owens' release and the team's locker room problems.

"I don't cause controversy, I'm just straightforward," Barber told The Dallas Morning News. "[Critics] are trying to make [Owens] into something he's not. I felt the same way like everybody else, but then I met the man. Once you know who he is, he's a great guy."

Barber, who is good friends with Owens, and lives next door to him in a downtown Dallas high rise, said to blame the locker room problems on Owens was not fair.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Owens probably is a great guy to play with, he's probably a pretty decent guy to have in the locker room most of the time as well. Realistically though for the Cowboys, they've got some good pieces on that offense now without Owens and realistically only need one or two more pieces.

The cowboys problems have never been lack of fire power or talent but lack of cohesion and or coaching. Without Owens they'll probably find it easier to build the culture and teamwork teams need to win in the NFL.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hopefully out of this, TO can mentor James Hardy or Steve Johnson
Old 03-08-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
hopefully out of this, TO can mentor James Hardy or Steve Johnson
Don't count on it.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote