Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-12-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
I wish it could be during the summer, but I doubt that happens. That's when players are still trying to make NFL rosters. Maybe have Tuesdays-Thursdays during the NFL reg season. If it was on ESPN it could probably do okay.
I would love it if they played their games on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights during the NFL season.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It should be interesting. Bringing in some older college players who failed in the NFL (Crouch, Couch, Leak, etc). Unfortunately, the USFL may steal some or most of those. The UFL is saying they only want players with under 3 years of NFL experience. Their draft will be in April.

Scott should have some coverage!

http://www.ufl-football.com/blog/200...ichael_huyghue

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
It should be interesting. Bringing in some older college players who failed in the NFL (Crouch, Couch, Leak, etc). Unfortunately, the USFL may steal some or most of those. The UFL is saying they only want players with under 3 years of NFL experience. Their draft will be in April.

USFL doesn't exist anymore

NVM they are coming back Spring 2010, if the NFL Owners scew things up....well here comes the USFL
Old 03-13-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post

I had no idea that there were plans to bring the USFL back. I can understand why, I guess, but with the stigma that the old USFL had on it, it's unusual. I guess the people behind this resurrection feel that enough time has passed that most people will have forgotten about the corruption and mismanagement that plagued the old USFL.

So, individual cities haven't been announced for teams but the USFL is supposed to have 12 teams and play a 16 game season.

Teams will be in the following states:

Western Division
2 California
Texas
Louisiana (Baton Rouge, Shreveport, or New Orleans)
Nevada
Oregon (Portland)

Eastern Division
Florida
Alabama (Birmingham)
New York (Albany)
Michigan
Ohio
Arkansas

Head coach & GM of the Alabama team is Jackie Sherrill, if anyone remembers him. Very solid coach back in the day but was known for recruiting violations.

They also have some strange rules:

• No Touchbacks. If the ball goes out of the endzone on the kickoff then it will be spotted at the 15 yard line.
• Field goals of 51 yars or more will be worth 4 points
• Safeties will be worth 4 points
• No kneel downs
• Overtime, same as college
• A three point PAT from 10 yards out
• One foot inbounds for a catch

It's a very interesting website that explains their working out cable deals to show games on major networks, etc...

Season will run from February to June.

http://www.newusfl.com/index.html

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 03-13-2009 at 12:37 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote