Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-13-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that's some harsh stuff. besides being upset with his boss, what all has he done to piss the entire city of denver off? also, besides not leading them to the playoffs. has he been kicking babies in the street? are their fans just that spoiled to think they can easily replace him?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he did kind of get the rug pulled out from underneath him. He had a great thing going on with his old coach (Shanahan), and he all of a sudden get fired out of the blue. And then the coach that they hired doesnt want him in his system and instead of McDaniels trying to adapt to his Probowl QB he tries to get his old one. Cutler went from a probowler with everything going well to an outkast from his new coach.

Id be pretty pissed too. And i wouldn't worry about him being a headcase here. If linehan likes him than i would think Cutler may welcome comiong here. An OC that will work with him and an amazing WR whose younger than you are. Seeing what Linehan did with C-Pep and Moss, Cutler may see a very good oppourtunity here.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
DENVER (AP)—The Denver Broncos insist quarterback Jay Cutler isn’t on the market. His house, though, is another matter.

Cutler put his 7,516-square-foot, four-bedroom, seven-bath home in suburban Castle Pines up for sale for $2 million. A listing on real estate Web site REcolorado.com shows the agent as Fuller Sotheby’s International Realty.

Douglas County property records show Cutler paid $1.34 million for the house in August 2006.

Cutler still has a condo in downtown Denver along with his offseason home in Nashville, Tenn..

The Pro Bowl quarterback and new coach Josh McDaniels are in a dispute over attempts to trade him two weeks ago.

The sale was first reported by KMGH-TV and The Denver Post.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-14-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
sunnyintheD
Rookie

sunnyintheD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

His parent's home in Denver is now up for sale too.
http://www.9news.com/sports/article....1861&catid=295
Anyone else have a feeling he won't be showing up Monday?
sunnyintheD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:04 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think ESPN already reported that he was planning to show up.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I think ESPN already reported that he was planning to show up.
I've only seen that people were unsure if he would show up and if he didnt then to expect him potentially going on the block. Any chance you have a link?
Old 03-15-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3981966

Quote:
Denver station KCNC-TV reported that the meeting didn't go well, and The Denver Post reported that words were exchanged between Cutler and McDaniels.

The Broncos insist they're not going to trade Cutler.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-15-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Yeah, I've seen that article already, but I was hoping for an actual report that Cutler was gonna show up on Monday. Thanks anyways
Old 03-15-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Jay Cutler likely to skip Monday

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3981966
Old 03-15-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is our main competition for Cutler? Tampa Bay?

Do you guys think Mayhew would be willing to give up #1 for Cutler? I don't know if he would be.. Tampa picks #19 and we have #20, so they can beat us there.. I have a feeling if he gets traded, it won't be to us.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Who is our main competition for Cutler? Tampa Bay?

Do you guys think Mayhew would be willing to give up #1 for Cutler? I don't know if he would be.. Tampa picks #19 and we have #20, so they can beat us there.. I have a feeling if he gets traded, it won't be to us.
I get that feeling also. I think that there could be as many as 11 teams that could try to jump into the bidding, but realistically probably around 4 or 5 competing for Cutler's services.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

it depends, denver can always draft sanchez or freeman atleast with their normal pick as well, so they might still be down for the 20th pick.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-15-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The REAL question is will Cutler want to go to the Lions?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa can only give up #19 and throw in next year's 1st and maybe 2nd. If Detroit doesnt wanna give up #1, they can give up #20, #33, and more. So I think Detroit is definitley in the driver's seat, as well as Cleveland since they can give Quinn. Does Cutler have the power to reject a trade if it is to somewhere that he doesnt wanna go?
Old 03-15-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Tampa can only give up #19 and throw in next year's 1st and maybe 2nd. If Detroit doesnt wanna give up #1, they can give up #20, #33, and more. So I think Detroit is definitley in the driver's seat, as well as Cleveland since they can give Quinn. Does Cutler have the power to reject a trade if it is to somewhere that he doesnt wanna go?
no but he can be a malcontent in the new city as well.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

a little good news for the Lions:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/15/bowl...e-our-star-qb/
Old 03-16-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
StorminNorman
Rookie

StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.

I really don't think Detroit could make a better offer than Cleveland.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
All depends on what kind of value Denver is looking to get in return. I'd start my offer with 20 + 33 and a young player (Stanton?). Plus prob a third next year. That leaves us with #1 and our two thirds. Monroe and then defense in the third.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:51 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
All depends on what kind of value Denver is looking to get in return. I'd start my offer with 20 + 33 and a young player (Stanton?). Plus prob a third next year. That leaves us with #1 and our two thirds. Monroe and then defense in the third.
I wouldn't offer that much to start.. I wonder what players they would even want from us.. Dewayne White?

Last edited by WMD : 03-16-2009 at 01:54 AM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:29 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would offer #20 and #82 plus next year's 2nd and 4th rounders...throw in C-Pep too so Denver would at least have a short-term solution at QB.

Take Jason Smith #1, defensive BPA's at #33 and #65. That would make this off-season a HUGE success for Detroit imo.
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:57 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
I personally dont think that Cleveland would really jump into the fold for Cutler. Granted they would like to have a 25 yr old pro bowler, oh wait they already do in DA and they still have Brady.

Yes I understand the argument that McDainels would want a a Weiss disciple in Quinn due to the Patriots connection, but with that reasoning why would Mangini not want the same thing?
Old 03-16-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3983805
Quote:
"I went in there with every intention of solving the issue, being a Bronco, moving forward as a Bronco," Cutler said. "We weren't in there but about 20 minutes, [McDaniels] did most of the talking and as far as I'm concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy. He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn't sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he'll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization.

"At the end of the meeting, he wasn't like, 'Jay, I want you as our quarterback, you're our guy.' It felt like the opposite. He basically said that I needed to tell him if we can't work this out, to let him know," Cutler added. "I thought he was antagonizing me and that was disappointing because I was ready to move on, committed as a Bronco. Really, I figured we'd hash things out, shake hands, laugh a little and move forward. What happened [Saturday] was the last thing I expected. If I didn't think it could be fixed, I never would have come back to Denver. It was painfully obvious to me and Bus [Cook, his agent] it's not something they want to fix."

Consequently, Cutler instructed Cook, who also attended the meeting, to formally request a trade. The quarterback said he left town late Sunday and would skip McDaniels' first (non-mandatory) team meeting Monday as they begin their offseason program.
mcdaniels won't apologize for doing his job. cutler should have relaxed and let it go. oh well, our win hopefully.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-16-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we get Cutler look for some of the better free agents still available to maybe sign with us. I'm not sure whose still even out there. Maybe we could fit in Crowell somehow. Maybe a Pete Kendall or veteran WR (Harrison, Holt, ?)

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

orlando pace, chris mccalister, and crowell would be great.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-16-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

Alright, so I've been giving a potential offer for Cutler some thought and I came up with this:

3 team trade with Cleveland, Denver, and us

We get Cutler & Jarvis Moss from Denver and #50 from Cleveland
We give up #20 & 2010 2nd to Denver and #33 & 82 to Cleveland

Denver would get Brady Quinn from Cleveland, #20 & 2010 2nd from us.
Denver would give up Cutler & Moss to us

Cleveland would get #33 & 82 from us
Cleveland would give up Brady Quinn to Denver and #50 to us

This would potentially work because it would give Cleveland a mid 2nd round value for Quinn, while allowing them to move up to #33 to target one of the top 3 RBs there, at #5 they could grab Orakpo, and at #36 they could get a WR like Nicks or Robiskie to play across from Edwards. then in the 3rd they can grab a RT or CB. Granted Cleveland might be more inclined to trade DA, but the new GM actually has more history with DA than Quinn and it was DA that made the pro bowl 2 yrs ago not Quinn.

Denver would get a young talented semi-proven QB who was brought up in college under a similar scheme with similar terminology so he should have a quicker learning curve. plus they'd get #20, which would allow them to go Brown or Maybin at 12 and Vontae Davis at 20 to solidify their D. They'd be willing to give up Jarvis Moss because with the new shceme change he probably doesn't project well at OLB compared to Dumervill. Additionally they'll still have a 2nd and 3rd to fill other needs at NT and such.

We'd be giving up a lot, but we'd be getting our starting QB who is a proven stud and only 25 yrs old. Plus we'd also be getting a young DE, who I view as over-rated, but still possesses some potential to be an edge rusher in a 4-3. We'd still have #1 to get the top LT, a mid 2nd to get BPA which could easily be a CB, TE, DT, S, or LB. And then we'll still have our 3rd to also go BPA at the positions mentioned above.

The one thing that I'd like to see is if we could move Backus in a deal, maybe taking the place of the #82 to Cleveland to fill there hole at RT. I say ths because at #50, 65, or 82 we should be in a great position to grab a LG at great value that is younger and less expensive to grow with the new LT.

I know this scenario is a pipe dream, but oh well I'm board and day dreaming a little so it fits my current train of thought.