Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-05-2014, 07:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default DC Cowboys Big Board

Let's try to put together a board of our opinions. I'll consolidate all of our thoughts into 1 listing.

Let's start it off by listing all the guys you think are options for us ANYWHERE in Round 1. When you make your list, list them in order from best to worst.

Last edited by D-Unit : 05-05-2014 at 07:37 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my 1st round order of names. BAM.

Top 32

Jadeveon Clowney
Anthony Barr
Khalil Mack
Aaron Donald
Greg Robinson
Johnny Manziel
Jake Matthews
Kyle Fuller (Free Safety)
Justin Gilbert (Free Safety)
Calvin Pryor
Zach Martin
Ryan Shazier
Darqueze Dennard
Taylor Lewan
Mike Evans
Sammy Watkins
CJ Mosley
Jimmie Ward
Jason Verrett (Free Safety)
Marcus Smith
Demarcus Lawrence
Kony Ealy
Bradley Roby
Ra'Shede Hageman
Tim Jernigan
Hasean Clinton-Dix
Brandin Cooks
Odell Beckham
Kyle Van Noy
Dee Ford
Joel Bitonio
Louis Nix

Last edited by D-Unit : 05-08-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:46 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This right now is just a list of guys I think that are possibilities on some level in round 1. It's not in any order.

Johnny Manziel
Aaron Donald
Anthony Barr
Zach Martin
Ryan Shazier
Teddy Bridgewater
Justin Gilbert
C.J. Mosley
Calvin Pryor
HaHa Clinton-Dix
Kony Ealy
DeMarcus Lawrence
Dee Ford
Stephon Tuitt

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:48 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
This right now is just a list of guys I think that are possibilities on some level in round 1. It's not in any order.

Johnny Manziel
Aaron Donald
Anthony Barr
Zach Martin
Ryan Shazier
Teddy Bridgewater
Justin Gilbert
C.J. Mosley
Calvin Pryor
HaHa Clinton-Dix
Kony Ealy
DeMarcus Lawrence
Dee Ford
Stephon Tuitt
I had a hard time putting mine in order but I think it will be worth it to be able to look back at later. I'd encourage you to do it, but it's a free country.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:56 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to include players that we have no chance at.
But here's my best to last.

Calvin Pryor
Anthony Barr
Aaron Donald
Zach Martin
Gilbert
Fuller
Mosley
Shazier
Lawrence
Ealy
Ford
Hageman
Ward
Dix
Old 05-06-2014, 11:23 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I had a hard time putting mine in order but I think it will be worth it to be able to look back at later. I'd encourage you to do it, but it's a free country.
I'm too lazy for that. lol

Old 05-06-2014, 06:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

In trying to consolidate our rankings, it won't work unless we list all the same names.

I was thinking of listing them in an Excel sheet and then coming up with an Average rank for each player. Can we all try to do this? I think it would be really fun thing to look back on.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:04 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In trying to consolidate our rankings, it won't work unless we list all the same names.

I was thinking of listing them in an Excel sheet and then coming up with an Average rank for each player. Can we all try to do this? I think it would be really fun thing to look back on.
What do you think of us naming the player we would draft if we were the GM when its our turn to pick? That would be something fun to look back on in the coming years.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
What do you think of us naming the player we would draft if we were the GM when its our turn to pick? That would be something fun to look back on in the coming years.
I'm sure we will all be hearing plenty of that. But this was more of an attempt to get our pre-draft "group board" put together. You know, like if we were our own War Room what would our board look like?

I realize my ideas can be too "extra-curricular" at times, but it's all for the purpose of fun.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:01 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Clowney
2. Mack
3. Donald
4. Barr
5. Robinson
6. Martin
7. Mathews
8. Shazier
9. Watkins
10. Lewan
11. Pryor
12. Dix
13. Gilbert
14. Lawrence
15. Hageman
16. Jernigan
17. Ward
18. Easley
19. Ford
20. Evans

No QB, RB, TEs for me.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 05-07-2014, 07:31 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Short list for 16

1. Clowney
2. Robinson
3. Mack
4. Watkins
5. Evans
6. Matthews
7. Barr
8. Donald
9. Shazier
10. Gilbert
11. Martin
12. Lewan
13. Pryor
14. Mosley
15. Beckham

Left off QBs and pure CBs

Those top 6 are gonna be gone so I'm zeroing in on Barr, Donald and Shazier. I think we'd love to add a stud pass rusher but if they're both gone Shazier would be the BPA at a position of need with high importance in our defense. Freak athlete, high character, loves the game... He's gonna be a 10 year staple for whoever drafts him. Has a chance to be that Derrick Brooks LB for us.

If we go Shazier in Round 1 it puts some pressure on us to find that pass rusher by our 2nd round pick. Guys like attachou, Lawrence, Easley, Ford, Ealy, Crichton, Marcus Smith and Kareem Martin. However, that would be the case anyway because thats the drop off once Barr is off the board.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:53 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Okay. I'm not lazy anymore, so I've put the people I listed in order. Basically this is who I think is the best overall from who I think will be available come pick 16.

1. Aaron Donald
2. Zach Martin
3. Anthony Barr
4. Justin Gilbert
5. Demarcus Lawrence
6. HaHa Clinton-Dix
7. Dee Ford
8. Johnny Football
9. Teddy Bridgewater
10. Calvin Pryor
11. C.J. Mosely
12. Kony Ealy
13. Ryan Zhazier
14. Stephon Tuitt

If Jernigan is still on their board after the diluted sample controversy then I'd rank him number 3 right ahead of Barr. That could go either way though so I left him off my board.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:39 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm turning off the tv if we take Demarcus Lawrence at 16.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Short list for 16

1. Clowney
2. Robinson
3. Mack
4. Watkins
5. Evans
6. Matthews
7. Barr
8. Donald
9. Shazier
10. Gilbert
11. Martin
12. Lewan
13. Pryor
14. Mosley
15. Beckham

Left off QBs and pure CBs

Those top 6 are gonna be gone so I'm zeroing in on Barr, Donald and Shazier. I think we'd love to add a stud pass rusher but if they're both gone Shazier would be the BPA at a position of need with high importance in our defense. Freak athlete, high character, loves the game... He's gonna be a 10 year staple for whoever drafts him. Has a chance to be that Derrick Brooks LB for us.

If we go Shazier in Round 1 it puts some pressure on us to find that pass rusher by our 2nd round pick. Guys like attachou, Lawrence, Easley, Ford, Ealy, Crichton, Marcus Smith and Kareem Martin. However, that would be the case anyway because thats the drop off once Barr is off the board.
I think you are right about Shazier. Never really thought about "the Derrick Brooks" of this defense, but I always did think of him as a guy similar to Lavonte David. David was a similar sized prospect who weighed in at 230 something at the combine, and he turned into a beast of LB. I'm going to adjust my rankings and bump up Shazier. Nice point!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Also, I tried to make mention of this before but these should be prospects ANYWHERE in Round 1. In case we move up or move down all the way to 32, we should list anyone we think would be a first round option.

This is not just about pick 16.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:07 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

For me there are really only four guys I would want at 16, a few I wouldn't mind, and then there are the rest that I'd just accept and hope for the best. Those four are Donald, Martin, Barr, and Jernigan. Even after those guys I wouldn't get too mad if they got a guy like Lawrence at 16 if they can't move down. I don't care too much about "value" these days. All I care about is good players that fit. I understand that it would be better to trade down and get someone you could get later, but there are too many holes for me to care too much about value this time around.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

You don't have to rank all of these guys. It's just the running list that I started with from Scott and I've added names here that Pocket listed that Scott didn't have. So if you also want to add names to this because you think there's a chance we can take them anywhere in Round 1, then just add the name.

Finisher and E-Man, your list is up to 16 and that is good but could you complete your list with anyone else you think is an option for us in Round 1?

Jadeveon Clowney
Jake Matthews
Greg Robinson
Khalil Mack
Sammy Watkins
Taylor Lewan
Anthony Barr
Justin Gilbert
Eric Ebron
Aaron Donald
Mike Evans
CJ Mosley
Teddy Bridgewater
Zack Martin
Ryan Shazier
Hasean Clinton-Dix
Odell Beckham
Darqueze Dennard
Marqise Lee
Kyle Fuller
Joel Bitonio
Calvin Pryor
Kony Ealy
Bradley Roby
Kelvin Benjamin
Louis Nix
Brandin Cooks
Demarcus Lawrence
Blake Bortles
Ra'Shede Hageman
Stephon Tuitt
Timmy Jernigan
Johnny Manziel
Jimmie Ward
Dominique Easley
Dee Ford

Thanks! This is starting to shape up!
Old 05-07-2014, 01:28 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think you are right about Shazier. Never really thought about "the Derrick Brooks" of this defense, but I always did think of him as a guy similar to Lavonte David. David was a similar sized prospect who weighed in at 230 something at the combine, and he turned into a beast of LB. I'm going to adjust my rankings and bump up Shazier. Nice point!
Quote:
No thanks. Coach Carter up and start using him right. Shazier is a good blitzer. So is Carter. Monte never dialed him up enough, but when he did Carter was good generating pressure.

Who says they want the best 4-3 LB group in the league these days? I think you have the idea that if you have a dominant unit, be it ANY unit, that that will finally satisfy you.

If you want one, listen to what I keep telling you. Build a dominant secondary. Just look at Seattle. Talented secondary, but a lesser talented yet deeper lunch pail group in the front 7.
Didnt like him when I brought him up. Glad your catching on. ;)

Old 05-07-2014, 01:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Didnt like him when I brought him up. Glad your catching on. ;)
There are times when I've become trained to fly autopilot "hate anything you say" mode. That was one. I told you this on 4/2/14.

This is what I said on 3/2/14.

Comment on Witten's mock.
Quote:
Creative draft that's a little out of the box, but I like it because it also seems realistic at the same time. That's a fun one to read through. Thanks!

Not going with a DL or FS in round 1 is pretty daring. I like Shazier. That's the Derrick Brooks position in this defense so we would value it high enough to go for it in Round 1.

I wonder what critic's response to the Cowboys would be if we didn't resign Hatch and didn't address DL until Round 4 and 7. Somewhere Pocket has stomach cramps right now.
We also nearly got into a Mosley vs Shazier debate but we all ended up liking Shazier more.

Quote:
Good stuff Trog... Shall we get into a Mosely vs Shazier battle?

I don't know how you all feel about them. But I'm definitely on the side of Shazier on that one.
....and here's my precombine ranking in February.

Quote:
D's Pre-Combine Cowboys Big Board-

1) Jadeveon Clowney DE, South Carolina
2) Justin Gilbert S, OK State
3) Aaron Donald DT, Pittsburgh
4) Ra'Shede Hageman NT, Minnesota
5) Johnny Manziel QB, Texas A&M
6) Greg Robinson OT, Aurburn
7) Jake Matthews OT, Texas A&M
8) Anthony Barr OLB/DE, UCLA
9) Kony Ealy DE, Missouri
10) Darqueze Dennard CB, Michigan
11) Lamarcus Joyner S, FSU
12) Timmy Jernigan, DT FSU
13) Sammy Watkins WR, Clemson
14) Marqise Lee WR, USC
15) Calvin Pryor S, Louisville
16) Haha Clinton-Dix S, Alabama
17) Louis Nix III NT, Notre Dame
18) Jimmy Ward S, Northern Illinois
19) Taylor Lewan OT, Michigan
20) Kyle Fuller, CB/S, Virginia Tech
21) Bradley Roby, S, Ohio St
22) Khalil Mack OLB, Buffalo
23) C.J. Mosley OLB, Alabama
24) Zack Martin OT/OG, Notre Dame
25) Ryan Shazier OLB, Ohio St
26) David Yankey OG, Stanford
27) Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
28) Eric Ebron TE, UNC
29) Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford
30) Stephen Tuitt, DT, Notre Dame
31) Cyrus Kouandjio OT, Alabama
32) Jason Verrett CB, TCU
Lots of changes on players from then to now. BTW, why do you think it's a bad thing to adjust rankings? Anybody in their right mind would make adjustments during the entire predraft evaluation process.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

So far based on me, pocket and Finisher's rankings this is how our BB is shaping up. If the player was not on a list, then they got a ranking of 40.

Rank - Player
1.00 - Jadeveon Clowney
2.67 - Khalil Mack
4.00 - Greg Robinson
4.33 - Anthony Barr
5.00 - Aaron Donald
6.67 - Jake Matthews
8.00 - Sammy Watkins
10.00 - Zack Martin
10.33 - Ryan Shazier
10.67 - Justin Gilbert
11.67 - Mike Evans
12.00 - Calvin Pryor
12.67 - Taylor Lewan
23.67 - CJ Mosley
24.33 - Hasean Clinton-Dix
25.00 - Ra'Shede Hageman
25.00 - Timmy Jernigan
28.67 - Johnny Manziel
29.33 - Kyle Fuller
31.33 - Demarcus Lawrence
31.67 - Odell Beckham
31.67 - Darqueze Dennard
32.33 - Jimmie Ward
32.67 - Kony Ealy
32.67 - Dominique Easley
33.00 - Dee Ford
34.00 - Joel Bitonio
40.00 - Eric Ebron
40.00 - Teddy Bridgewater
40.00 - Marqise Lee
40.00 - Bradley Roby
40.00 - Kelvin Benjamin
40.00 - Louis Nix
40.00 - Brandin Cooks
40.00 - Blake Bortles
40.00 - Stephon Tuitt
Old 05-07-2014, 02:36 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
There are times when I've become trained to fly autopilot "hate anything you say" mode. That was one. I told you this on 4/2/14.

This is what I said on 3/2/14.

Comment on Witten's mock.

We also nearly got into a Mosley vs Shazier debate but we all ended up liking Shazier more.

....and here's my precombine ranking in February.

Lots of changes on players from then to now. BTW, why do you think it's a bad thing to adjust rankings? Anybody in their right mind would make adjustments during the entire predraft evaluation process.
We all have a right to our opinions, I just find it quite humorous that I have gotten under your skin enough that you will disagree/argue with me even when deep down you like my ideas or opinions. ;) A lot of the times I will post something positive and you will automatically turn it into a negative and a lengthy argument will ensue, such as when I say I like a player only for you to say "no thank you" and then to see you like that same player 2 weeks later. Just because we dont share the same views on our GM and QB doesnt mean we cant agree on other players/issues. Take your autopilot off bro lol.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:37 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So far based on me, pocket and Finisher's rankings this is how our BB is shaping up. If the player was not on a list, then they got a ranking of 40.

Rank - Player
1.00 - Jadeveon Clowney
2.67 - Khalil Mack
4.00 - Greg Robinson
4.33 - Anthony Barr
5.00 - Aaron Donald
6.67 - Jake Matthews
8.00 - Sammy Watkins
10.00 - Zack Martin
10.33 - Ryan Shazier
10.67 - Justin Gilbert
11.67 - Mike Evans
12.00 - Calvin Pryor
12.67 - Taylor Lewan
23.67 - CJ Mosley
24.33 - Hasean Clinton-Dix
25.00 - Ra'Shede Hageman
25.00 - Timmy Jernigan
28.67 - Johnny Manziel
29.33 - Kyle Fuller
31.33 - Demarcus Lawrence
31.67 - Odell Beckham
31.67 - Darqueze Dennard
32.33 - Jimmie Ward
32.67 - Kony Ealy
32.67 - Dominique Easley
33.00 - Dee Ford
34.00 - Joel Bitonio
40.00 - Eric Ebron
40.00 - Teddy Bridgewater
40.00 - Marqise Lee
40.00 - Bradley Roby
40.00 - Kelvin Benjamin
40.00 - Louis Nix
40.00 - Brandin Cooks
40.00 - Blake Bortles
40.00 - Stephon Tuitt
Good stuff! See its not so hard

Old 05-07-2014, 03:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

We need more inputs!
Old 05-07-2014, 04:55 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

I completely forgot about Jimmie Ward. I'm very high on that guy, and I think he's an option after a trade down like Demarcus Lawrence.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I completely forgot about Jimmie Ward. I'm very high on that guy, and I think he's an option after a trade down like Demarcus Lawrence.
Good! Finish up your complete list for Round 1 options!