Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

View Poll Results: Pick who you want at 19!
QB Josh Freeman 12 36.36%
DE Larry English 6 18.18%
DT Ron Brace 2 6.06%
LB Clay Matthews 3 9.09%
LB Brian Cushing 3 9.09%
CB Alphonso Smith 6 18.18%
CB DJ Moore 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aussie-Land
Posts: 20,906
Reputation: 2285531
Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Can Michael Clayton catch more than 40 balls? Can any of those other guys catch more than 10? Can a 3rd/4th rounder really step in and have an immediate impact? Neither Stovall nor Jackson have done as much.

We need to sign a FA WR. There's absolutely no reason not to. Holt or Harrison would be nice for the short term.
Maybe we should just bring back Chas Gessner (I wonder if I still have my Gessner sig) or promote Paris Warren to #2.

Sound like good plans to me!
__________________

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:41 AM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 273
Reputation: 153
TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Maybe we should just bring back Chas Gessner (I wonder if I still have my Gessner sig) or promote Paris Warren to #2.

Sound like good plans to me!
Chas looked like such a stud when I watched him at training camp. He made a sweet one handed catch and looked so smooth running across the field. Too bad he can't play when someone's trying to cover him.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
dabul-master
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 38
Reputation: 0
dabul-master hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

I'm probably going to get bashed for it, but I hope that we don't draft a DE with the 1st rounder because I want Selvie next year
dabul-master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabul-master View Post
I'm probably going to get bashed for it, but I hope that we don't draft a DE with the 1st rounder because I want Selvie next year
We can draft a DE in the 1st and still get Selvie.

We don't need to spend a 1st on another edge rusher. We could get Ayers, Jackson or Gilbert. Then next year we could hope for Selvie in the 2nd. I'm a big fan of his but Adams should solidify himself as our top pass rusher this year and White should contribute off the bench. We really don't need any 250-ish pound DEs (Larry English, Aaron Maybin), but Selvie would be too hard to pass up.
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 997
Reputation: 32269
Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
We really don't need any 250-ish pound DEs (Larry English, Aaron Maybin), but Selvie would be too hard to pass up.
I wouldnt group together English and Maybin like that. There may be only a 6 lb difference in their listed weights but English plays much bigger than Maybin and is solid vs the run. Maybin (and Everette Brown), I cant see playing anything other than 34 olb. English however I think can definitley be a RE in a 43. He also got a 36 on his wonderlic (I know not too important, but damn impressive).
__________________
save Freeman
Me Likey Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
I wouldnt group together English and Maybin like that. There may be only a 6 lb difference in their listed weights but English plays much bigger than Maybin and is solid vs the run. Maybin (and Everette Brown), I cant see playing anything other than 34 olb. English however I think can definitley be a RE in a 43. He also got a 36 on his wonderlic (I know not too important, but damn impressive).
Fair enough. English is worlds better than Maybin against the run and definitely profiles as a RE in a 4-3. I know that, however I group them together because neither fit the profile of what I think we need.

So i rephrase: We really don't need any 250-ish pound DEs (Larry English and especially Aaron Maybin).

I'm gonna have to disagree on Everette Brown. It's unfair to group him with Maybin. Brown does his best damage off the line as a RDE. He's better suited for that athletically as opposed to standing up where he may be exposed in coverage standing up. Brown (Cody Brown as well) is very good with using his hands and striking the OT. He can hold up against the run (better than Maybin worse than English) and he can be a physical pass rusher if need be.
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 997
Reputation: 32269
Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post


I'm gonna have to disagree on Everette Brown. It's unfair to group him with Maybin. Brown does his best damage off the line as a RDE. He's better suited for that athletically as opposed to standing up where he may be exposed in coverage standing up. Brown (Cody Brown as well) is very good with using his hands and striking the OT. He can hold up against the run (better than Maybin worse than English) and he can be a physical pass rusher if need be.
I hate picking just a few plays to show but watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN1rK8D4o8I and focus in on Brown getting engulfed in the run game most of the time. He will get killed by NFL OT's if he plays DE.
__________________
save Freeman
Me Likey Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 997
Reputation: 32269
Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Also etk, I know you are a Tyson Jackson fan, but if he is off the board, who would you like at 19?

Also, I think Darius Butler is gaining some steam and is considered a great man cb, I probably should have added him to the poll.
__________________
save Freeman
Me Likey Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Price = Ray
Posts: 9,003
Reputation: 33092
Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
We can draft a DE in the 1st and still get Selvie.

We don't need to spend a 1st on another edge rusher. We could get Ayers, Jackson or Gilbert. Then next year we could hope for Selvie in the 2nd. I'm a big fan of his but Adams should solidify himself as our top pass rusher this year and White should contribute off the bench. We really don't need any 250-ish pound DEs (Larry English, Aaron Maybin), but Selvie would be too hard to pass up.
I'm glad you see things my way.


Honestly, I see us getting some D in the first, followed by a Hakeem Nicks type guy in the 2nd.I'm pretending I don't know the name Josh Freeman as well, since that pick would make me very sad.
__________________
Tampa 2 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,140
Reputation: 46580
etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
I hate picking just a few plays to show but watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN1rK8D4o8I and focus in on Brown getting engulfed in the run game most of the time. He will get killed by NFL OT's if he plays DE.
I don't see a problem with that video. Brown shows good use of leverage and pop in the run game. He's 6'2 260 and will have no problem setting the edge in the NFL. With his lack of length he may be a risk to get engulfed if you run right at him, but that doesn't take away from his ability to play RE for a lot of teams.

I'm not the only person who thinks his best fit is in a 4-3....most scouts agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Also etk, I know you are a Tyson Jackson fan, but if he is off the board, who would you like at 19?

Also, I think Darius Butler is gaining some steam and is considered a great man cb, I probably should have added him to the poll.
I don't have a favorite at 19. If I had to pick I'd probably take Alphonso Smith or Tyson Jackson. I just saw Jackson running drills on NFLN running pro day drills and he's one of the most athletic 295 pounders I've ever seen. You can't overstate the value he would bring to our defensive front.

Darius Butler is not a 1st round talent IMO. He's too finesse for our defense anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
I'm glad you see things my way.


Honestly, I see us getting some D in the first, followed by a Hakeem Nicks type guy in the 2nd.I'm pretending I don't know the name Josh Freeman as well, since that pick would make me very sad.
We don't have a 2nd round pick lol. But I agree that D is our likely direction in round 1.
__________________

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.