Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 03-15-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamal86 View Post
I guess i'd want more if i was a VT fan and wouldn't be "comfortable" going 9-3 and 8-4 but i guess that's the Gator success in me....
Ew.

Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
Ew.

good one...

2008 Record: 3-9

Aug. 30 Utah L 25-23
Sept. 6 Miami Univ. W 16-6
Sept. 13 at Notre Dame L 35-17
Sept. 20 OPEN DATE
Sept. 27 Wisconsin W 27-25
Oct. 4 Illinois L 45-20
Oct. 11 Toledo L 13-10
Oct. 18 at Penn State L 46-17
Oct. 25 Michigan State L 35-21
Nov. 1 at Purdue L 48-42
Nov. 8 at Minnesota W 29-6
Nov. 15 Northwestern W 21-14
Nov. 22 at Ohio State L 42-7

when the last time UF won 3 games?

Last edited by murdamal86 : 03-15-2009 at 08:05 PM.
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
bahaha you must be a new Gator fan.
I'm 22 and been a Gator fan since 1992 bruh so yea the Gator success in me. did you see us being "happy and comfortable" with where Zook had us? No
Old 03-15-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm 22 and been a Gator fan since 1992 bruh so yea the Gator success in me. did you see us being "happy and comfortable" with where Zook had us? No
No but I saw a bunch of impatient whining Gator fans who showed their true colors with the lack of class they showed Zook. I did see you all happy and comfortable with Spurrier though even though he was consistently third best in state.

and note to self: I owe Michigan rep for that beautiful post.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
No but I saw a bunch of impatient whining Gator fans who showed their true colors with the lack of class they showed Zook. I did see you all happy and comfortable with Spurrier though even though he was consistently third best in state.

and note to self: I owe Michigan rep for that beautiful post.
Right because every fan base doesn't have there share of whining fans . Umm the only time UF was 3rd in the state was in the 80's when it was Miami, FSU, then UF. the 90's was FSU, UF, and Miami. 2000 has been UF, Miami, FSU. Agreed?

But anyways, the premise of my post was the VT can be comfortable with there position but if i was a Hokie fan, i'd be waiting for when are we going to take that NEXT jump.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Hokie_Pokie08
Rookie

Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I guess i'd want more if i was a VT fan and wouldn't be "comfortable" going 9-3 and 8-4 but i guess that's the Gator success in me....
The last time that VT was "9-3 or 8-4" was 6 years ago. As opposed to say Florida which has put up records like that in 4 of the 6 years. Congrats on winning the NC in those other 2 years, but they haven't been able to sustain success in Gainesville.

Last edited by Hokie_Pokie08 : 03-15-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Hokie_Pokie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You were what...5 or 6 when you first became a Gator fan?

the image makes me lol.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:33 AM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
You were what...5 or 6 when you first became a Gator fan?

the image makes me lol.
*shrugs* lol
Old 03-16-2009, 06:40 AM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie_Pokie08 View Post
The last time that VT was "9-3 or 8-4" was 6 years ago. As opposed to say Florida which has put up records like that in 4 of the 6 years. Congrats on winning the NC in those other 2 years, but they haven't been able to sustain success in Gainesville.
See and you are proving my point. when we had those win loss records, we just didn't sit back and say "it's ok, we're comfortable with that", we made a move but to each his own. You acting as if i'm trashing Frank Beamer and VT, i'm not, i'm just saying since he's been there i would atleast expect one national title.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Hokie_Pokie08
Rookie

Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.

Quote:
See and you are proving my point. when we had those win loss records, we just didn't sit back and say "it's ok, we're comfortable with that", we made a move but to each his own. You acting as if i'm trashing Frank Beamer and VT, i'm not, i'm just saying since he's been there i would atleast expect one national title.
By made a move you mean insert another 4 or 5 star recruit into the lineup. Some teams have that luxury while others do not. Some require their coaches to coach up the talent while others could have a donkey lead them to a NC based on the talent on the roster. Recruiting kids to come to a rural school in the mountains of Virginia is different than offering the warm weather of a place like Florida. But as you said, to each his own.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good point Hokie.
JRTPlaya21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
By made a move you mean insert another 4 or 5 star recruit into the lineup. Some teams have that luxury while others do not. Some require their coaches to coach up the talent while others could have a donkey lead them to a NC based on the talent on the roster. Recruiting kids to come to a rural school in the mountains of Virginia is different than offering the warm weather of a place like Florida. But as you said, to each his own.
Not to mention the separate athletic budgets....

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

Quote:
No when i said "made a move" i was implying that the seasons where we was going 8-5 and what not under Zook prompted us to make a move in firing him and bringing in Meyer.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:41 AM    (permalink
Hokie_Pokie08
Rookie

Quote:
No when i said "made a move" i was implying that the seasons where we was going 8-5 and what not under Zook prompted us to make a move in firing him and bringing in Meyer.
2005: 9-3-0
Coach:Urban Meyer

2007: 9-4-0

You right, what was I thinking? Meyer has put up underachieving seasons in half his seasons as the coach at Florida according to your standards. Big boy moves.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:46 AM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

Quote:
2005: 9-3-0

2007: 9-4-0

You right, what was I thinking? Meyer has put up underachieving seasons in half his seasons as the coach at Florida according to your standards. Big boy moves.
right and according to our standards, he's won more national titles than Frank Beamer has also. 2005 was his first season there (like the eye ball test didn't show he was coaching a team that wasn't fit for his system) and last season we were gutted on defense (like you didn't know this).

2006 Virginia Tech 10-3
2007 Virginia Tech 11-3
2008 Virginia Tech 10-4

really?
Old 04-09-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overachievers:

TCU -- Smaller school (<7,000 students) in Ft. Worth but consistently puts a decent defense on the field, just ask Oklahoma....
Stanford -- Even 3-4 wins per yr. is overachieving for these Fightin' National Merit Scholars b/c they can't take juco transfers, every yr. play teams who do
Fresno St. -- Pat Hill works the California juco system better than any Pac 10 coach not named Carroll
San Jose St. -- Dick Tomey brought them back from near-death, he resurrected programs at Arizona (remember Desert Swarm?) & Hawaii, he's making defensively it on Pac 10 transfers but has to face huge obstacles in Boise St. & Fresno St. annually
Oklahoma St. -- It helps a lot when mega-rich alum T. Boone Pickens gives you $450M for a new stadium & athletic dept.
Oregon St -- The new Pac 10 Giant Killers

Underachievers:

Michigan -- How far the mighty have fallen, biggest disappointment in '08....Rodriguez found out it gets worse before it can get better
Notre Dame -- OK, they got back to mediocre by beating Navy, bfd -- of the former NFL HCs in NCAA Div. 1 now only Weis is floundering at ND
Nebraska -- See Michigan, above, but substitute Pioli for Rodriguez
Tennessee -- Kiffin will be finding out like Fulmer that the SEC is the roughest schedule in the nation, offense sank from top 10 to bottom 4-5% in '08, the bar of expectation has been raised very high here & Kiffin has a long way to go

Ohio St. btw has great recruiting & is an obvious dominant program but Sweatervest hasn't been able to win the big ones, that doesn't necessarily make them an underachiever.

Last edited by LizardState : 04-12-2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: typo
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
RedVision
Rookie

RedVision hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.RedVision hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Clemson's got to be the most underachieving team, Air Force the most overachieving.
RedVision is offline   Reply With Quote