Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-12-2009, 10:17 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jon Stewart vs Jim Cramer

has anybody been following this epic battle? started on the March 4th 'Daily Show' and they 2 have been going back and forth ever since. Now, tonight, Jim Cramer will be the guest on the Daily Show. it's gonna be awesome.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.

I haven't been following it too closely but what is Stewart's big beef with Cramer? I saw him ripping him for having Bear Stearns as a buy prior to its meltdown, but come on, the guy is a stock analyst of course he's going to have a long list of misses.
I KNOW IT ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this battle is fricking GREAT. I was watching a special on this the other morning. Cramer telling people to buy Bear Sterns then Bear Sterns crashing. Then Cramer saying that people should sell all but Stewart calling him out on previous stocks to buy etc. its been epic.

I feel as if Stewart is more mocking the people that listen to Cramer as the end all and be all for stock advice more so than Cramer.

I will be watching this show tonight.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Last edited by bored of education : 03-12-2009 at 10:36 AM.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a huge Daily Show fan, so I've been following this, obviously. For those who want to see how it all started:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/in...videoId=220252

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
I haven't been following it too closely but what is Stewart's big beef with Cramer? I saw him ripping him for having Bear Stearns as a buy prior to its meltdown, but come on, the guy is a stock analyst of course he's going to have a long list of misses.
Yea but doesn't Cramer say he's like right all the time or something?

I also loved it when stewart was saying I could b e an ass and yell and play random noise buttons then shows cramer doing it, LOL.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
Yea but doesn't Cramer say he's like right all the time or something?

I also loved it when stewart was saying I could b e an ass and yell and play random noise buttons then shows cramer doing it, LOL.
Cramer has most definitely never claimed to always be right. I just don't get why Stewart is attacking him. Cramer was actually one of the first guys I heard who said to get out of the market all together because it was crashing.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cramer is entertaining to watch but his advice isn't very good most of the time.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok. What happened was that, week before last, a couple guest spots canceled on the Daily Show. To fill up the time, Jon decided to run a pretty biting expose on MSNBC (largely because of that one guy who said that "we shouldn't subside these loser's mortgages" last month).

Because one of the first clips was Cramer's infamous Bear Sterns deal, Cramer interpreted the entire clip as being against him, and retaliated on his show.

Stewart retaliated to THIS by running a few clips about Cramer specifically.

Cramer retaliated to THIS by going out to everyone on NBC, and getting them to talk up the rivalry and talk down Stewart.

Stewart responded again in the last episode but held back. I assume the interview had already been booked by then, and he's saving his good stuff for today.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's going to be awkward with a capitol A, but hilarious nonetheless.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Ok. What happened was that, week before last, a couple guest spots canceled on the Daily Show. To fill up the time, Jon decided to run a pretty biting expose on MSNBC (largely because of that one guy who said that "we shouldn't subside these loser's mortgages" last month).

Because one of the first clips was Cramer's infamous Bear Sterns deal, Cramer interpreted the entire clip as being against him, and retaliated on his show.

Stewart retaliated to THIS by running a few clips about Cramer specifically.

Cramer retaliated to THIS by going out to everyone on NBC, and getting them to talk up the rivalry and talk down Stewart.

Stewart responded again in the last episode but held back. I assume the interview had already been booked by then, and he's saving his good stuff for today.
AKA just watch this VV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I am a huge Daily Show fan, so I've been following this, obviously. For those who want to see how it all started:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/in...videoId=220252
personally i find this LIGHTS OUT hilarious. and really sad that american journalism has to stoop to this...and by stoop to this, i mean actually call them out. isn't that what journalism is supposed to do? bring light to media worthy topics? the fact that jon stewart had to do this 8 months later is just a status quo of the media... if the media would have been tougher on cnbc for it's pretty crappy 'insider' information and passing it off as gospel and pretty much being patsy's to the billionaire set... this never would have happen.

props to stewart... but sad it had to come to that... well. no. not really it's more funny that way

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
AKA just watch this VV

personally i find this LIGHTS OUT hilarious. and really sad that american journalism has to stoop to this...and by stoop to this, i mean actually call them out. isn't that what journalism is supposed to do? bring light to media worthy topics? the fact that jon stewart had to do this 8 months later is just a status quo of the media... if the media would have been tougher on cnbc for it's pretty crappy 'insider' information and passing it off as gospel and pretty much being patsy's to the billionaire set... this never would have happen.

props to stewart... but sad it had to come to that... well. no. not really it's more funny that way
What are you going on about?
Old 03-12-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stewart doesnt have a beef with Cramer, he doesn't really give a damn about him. He said last night he is in a media driven war of words. He just thought CNBC deserved to be called out for being bad. Like Stewart said, he knows he doesn't know a thing about the markets so he doesn't give advice. The people on CNBC don't know what is going to happen with the markets either, but they tell people they do. The fact of the matter is, you can't really predict the market. It has way too many variables.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Stewart doesnt have a beef with Cramer, he doesn't really give a damn about him. He said last night he is in a media driven war of words. He just thought CNBC deserved to be called out for being bad. Like Stewart said, he knows he doesn't know a thing about the markets so he doesn't give advice. The people on CNBC don't know what is going to happen with the markets either, but they tell people they do. The fact of the matter is, you can't really predict the market. It has way too many variables.
The same can be said about predicting football games or the draft, yet we all do that. I don't get why people are calling out Cramer.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The same can be said about predicting football games or the draft, yet we all do that. I don't get why people are calling out Cramer.
Because who does predicting football games hurt if you are wrong? Who gets harmed if you predict a player wrong in the draft?

Who gets hurt when a famous financial guru tells his audience to buy Bear Stearns for 75 dollars a few days before the stock sells for 2 dollars? People lost their entire life savings because they listened to his advice. Like Stewart said, if the CNBC slogan wasn't something as ridiculous as "In Cramer We Trust" it wouldn't be as big of a deal. But that was intentionally chosen for the connection with God. They are trying to imply that he is omniscient and never wrong. I truly wonder how many people listend to the advice on CNBC and lost their entire life savings.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Because who does predicting football games hurt if you are wrong? Who gets harmed if you predict a player wrong in the draft?

Who gets hurt when a famous financial guru tells his audience to buy Bear Stearns for 75 dollars a few days before the stock sells for 2 dollars? People lost their entire life savings because they listened to his advice. Like Stewart said, if the CNBC slogan wasn't something as ridiculous as "In Cramer We Trust" it wouldn't be as big of a deal. But that was intentionally chosen for the connection with God. They are trying to imply that he is omniscient and never wrong. I truly wonder how many people listend to the advice on CNBC and lost their entire life savings.
People who bet on football games get hurt if they're wrong.

Are you trying to say giving financial advice should be illegal? If you are stupid enough to believe that investing in the capital markets is foolproof, you deserve to lose your money. Seriously, nobody is idiotic enough to invest their life savings into a stock because some talking head on TV said to do it.

The guy gives stock advice, not guarantees.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, but gambling on football games = illegal majority of the times. Investing in the stock market = legal and actually strongly encouraged in most cases.

He's not saying financial advice should be illegal, he's saying that football advice doesn't hurt anyone acting legally. Big difference.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cramer is good for a few laughs and the fact that he appeared on Arrested Development once. That's about it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This will provide me with a lot of hahas

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also, it should be noted that Stewart didn't just decide to start picking on Jim Cramer. a guy from CNBC started it by saying people that are losing their houses are "irresponsible losers" and we shouldn't have to pay their mortgage in response to individual homeowners being bailed out as well as large corporations. the guy promply backed out of an appearance on the daily show at the last minute.

So, Jon Stewart, in response to CNBC personality calling the newly homeless 'irresponsible' played some clips of some advise CNBC gave that could be considered irresponsible...including the Jim Cramer clip. Cramer was just the one that found it necessary to fight back.

If this was an unprovoked attack by Stewart, I would agree that it is out of line. Anybody that stakes their lifesavings on a d-bag with stupid, gimmicky show is showing poor judgement. But, When the same company that advises people to invest in failing businesses calls out people losing their homes as "irresponsible losers" they should absolutely be taken to task.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Are you trying to say giving financial advice should be illegal? If you are stupid enough to believe that investing in the capital markets is foolproof, you deserve to lose your money. Seriously, nobody is idiotic enough to invest their life savings into a stock because some talking head on TV said to do it.

If you don't have the series 66 or 65, Financial advice is illegal to give if you are compensated for it and its not part of your regular course of business(Professor, lawyers, engineers etc..I could explain that further if you would like). investment newsletters(Wall St journal doesnt count since its a news publication) and Cramer must be registered though. General advice is fine becasue it doesn't account for suitability and what not for clients.

giving financial advice is much more in depth than that so any question please dont ask. lol
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Last edited by bored of education : 03-12-2009 at 03:06 PM.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are both idiots yet I will probably still watch just to see Stewart kiss his ass after weeks of ripping him.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
also, it should be noted that Stewart didn't just decide to start picking on Jim Cramer. a guy from CNBC started it by saying people that are losing their houses are "irresponsible losers" and we shouldn't have to pay their mortgage in response to individual homeowners being bailed out as well as large corporations. the guy promply backed out of an appearance on the daily show at the last minute.

So, Jon Stewart, in response to CNBC personality calling the newly homeless 'irresponsible' played some clips of some advise CNBC gave that could be considered irresponsible...including the Jim Cramer clip. Cramer was just the one that found it necessary to fight back.

If this was an unprovoked attack by Stewart, I would agree that it is out of line. Anybody that stakes their lifesavings on a d-bag with stupid, gimmicky show is showing poor judgement. But, When the same company that advises people to invest in failing businesses calls out people losing their homes as "irresponsible losers" they should absolutely be taken to task.
Even if it was an unprovoked attack it wouldn't be out of line. People are stupid, they will follow TV personalities advice. No, of course it shouldn't be illegal, but it is ethically wrong for CNBC to advertise Cramer in the way they do. They are using the phrase "In Cramer We Trust" to bring up images of an infallible god.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
They are both idiots yet I will probably still watch just to see Stewart kiss his ass after weeks of ripping him.
Its been less than a week, and I doubt Stewart kisses his ass.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Betting on football is frowned on in most of the country, while investing is what causes our economy to go, so there is pressure to invest.

Of course not, I know that investing is far from foolproof, but like Stewart said, I don't claim to be a guru, and it is irresponsible for anyone to claim intimate knowledge like CNBC does.

Yet he claims, a the very least insinuates, they are guarantees. That is where the problem lies.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jon Stewart: First crossfire(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE)

now Mad Money.

Watch your back Stewart, the most awesome tv host on the planet is a'coming.