Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-12-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stewart isnt being very funny... too serious
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stewart is owning this.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Stewart has a switch with two settings: Funny satirist and vicious, biting political commentator. "Daily Show" and "Crossfire" modes, respectively.

He's in Crossfire mode.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is not a ******* game!

wow.

I know this is Stewart's forum and wow. I am impressed.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stewart is making cramer look like tucker carlson.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cramer sounds like he's choking up a little bit.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"This song is not about you."

Damn.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn. I was wrong...Great job by Stewart so far, this is excellent stuff and I never thought I would see Cramer so quiet like this.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Cramer, you wear a bowtie.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
You're as big a dick on this show as you are on any show.

Just felt like making the Crossfire joke.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

The thing is Cramer could do it on his forum and ask John..who would you trust advising your IRA and 401k..and he would say "well if I was going through TV shows and didnt want to pay someone alot of money for advice and sales charges..then i would say you". So I dont know how Cramer could arm himself. But I think Stewart is doing well, Cramer is opening up by closing down and is visably shaken.

I liked how Stewart was not just attacking Cramer, but CNBC and the commentating of the markets in general by other news organizations.
Quote:

Last edited by bored of education : 03-12-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.

Ha, somehow I don't think Cramer is going to change his show.
I KNOW IT ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked his last line of 'get rid of the financial expert and in Cramer we trust lines and get back to reporting'. Good stuff.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that.
lived up to the hype.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

definatly lived up. i really liked it.
Quote:
Old 03-12-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

I wonder if Stewart will go on Cramer's show now?
Old 03-12-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I wonder if Stewart will go on Cramer's show now?
He doesn't have to.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I liked his last line of 'get rid of the financial expert and in Cramer we trust lines and get back to reporting'. Good stuff.
Hypocrit if you ask me. Why doesn't Stewart cover serious political issues instead of just joking around all the time? The same reason Cramer jumps around and yells.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Wally03
Rookie

Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
The thing is Cramer could do it on his forum and ask John..who would you trust advising your IRA and 401k..and he would say "well if I was going through TV shows and didnt want to pay someone alot of money for advice and sales charges..then i would say you". So I dont know how Cramer could arm himself. But I think Stewart is doing well, Cramer is opening up by closing down and is visably shaken.

I liked how Stewart was not just attacking Cramer, but CNBC and the commentating of the markets in general by other news organizations.
I think that was the part so many people overlooked in this whole thing was that Stewart's issue wasn't really with Cramer personally, rather the manner in which news organizations have come to handle commentating on the markets. Personally I walk away from that interview saddened that it seems over time we are seeing the degradation of news organizations and that it takes a comedian to be one of the real voices illustrating this fact.

Last edited by Wally03 : 03-12-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Wally03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
Hypocrit if you ask me. Why doesn't Stewart cover serious political issues instead of just joking around all the time? The same reason Cramer jumps around and yells.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Stewart
"You're on CNN! The show that leads into me is puppets making crank phone calls! What is wrong with you?"
Really? Are you really going to ask that?

Hitman D

Old 03-12-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

I just re-watched the Crossfire interview. Just absolutely brutal. More impressive then his slaughter of Cramer because he went on their show and obliterated them.

He POSTERIZED Cramer though, no doubt about it.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Really? Are you really going to ask that?
So just because Cramer is on a serious network he has to act a certain way? Why should Comedy Network even exist if we should just be watching serious TV shows?
Old 03-12-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Yes but Stewart has not admitted on tape to doing anything illegal or completely unethical to make money. I think that was the key point.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
So just because Cramer is on a serious network he has to act a certain way? Why should Comedy Network even exist if we should just be watching serious TV shows?
What the **** are you talking about? Jon Stewart has a show on Comedy Central, which, last time I checked, expects him to hold a certain standard of humor. He isn't judged on how accurately he portrays the news, rather on how funny each segment is. Jim Cramer on the other hand, has a show on CNN that is expected to be serious and hold a certain degree of intellectual responsibilty, and I think it's been proven that it isn't and it doesn't. So I don't really know what you're arguing here...

Hitman D

Old 03-12-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
What the **** are you talking about? Jon Stewart has a show on Comedy Central, which, last time I checked, expects him to hold a certain standard of humor. He isn't judged on how accurately he portrays the news, rather on how funny each segment is. Jim Cramer on the other hand, has a show on CNN that is expected to be serious and hold a certain degree of intellectual responsibilty, and I think it's been proven that it isn't and it doesn't. So I don't really know what you're arguing here...
Mad Money is on CNBC first of all, which shows your lack of knowledge on the subject.

Cramer's job is to entertain and pick stocks. That's it. He does his job.