Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-12-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Pizza Hut or Domino's or Papa John's?

Based off the other thread about burgers. What is your favorite pizza chain?

There's always a local place that trumps them all, but of the main Pizza places, which is the best?

I'd have to say Pizza Hut for me, the best crust if you get the pan pizza. Just the perfect porprtion of sauce and cheeze and topping on the best crust. Second is Papa John's, simply for the Garlic Sauce. I like Domino's but obviously not as much as these other two...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I probably left out another major one, but these were the first three that popped into my head...

Old 03-12-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Domino's for me. Love the sauce.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for normal pizza: Double Dave's
for pizza rolls: Gumby's Pizza

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.Papa John's
2.Pizza Hut
3.Any place not named Domino's.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They all suck, I would rather go to any local pizza place over these, but if I had to choose Papa John's or Dominos.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

those places are all garbage. I would imagine only those from the Chicago or New York areas have a true appreciation for what good pizza is.

For example... It is very difficult to find a good pizza in Milwaukee... people from Wisconsin have no idea what good pizza is.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Last edited by VoteLynnSwan : 03-12-2009 at 11:48 AM.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Papa John's
2. Pizza Hut
3. Domino's
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

National Chains:

1. Carbone's
2. Papa Murphy's (love the take and bake)
3. Pizza Hut

Local (MN): Red's Savoy Pizza
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss NY, the Pizza was amazing there, it is extremely difficult to find good pizza in Florida, they all suck, maybe one or two local places are passable but their mostly terrible.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 03-12-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Local places (Lehigh Valley, Eastern PA) that I like are Cavaluzzo's, Mamma Mia, Joe's, Vera Cruz Cafe. All make great Pizza.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
those places are all garbage. I would imagine only those from the Chicago or New York areas have a true appreciation for what good pizza is.
Italy knows what good pizza is, considering they invented the stuff.
I KNOW IT ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
For someone who knows it all, you're really off;).

Pizza was invented in New York City...

Old 03-12-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably Pizza Hut.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yea like eaglesalltheway mentioned... Pizza is an american invention

strictly speaking i was talking specifically about pizza in America anyway... I have never been out of the country so i really couldn't say what pizza is like anywhere else in the world. For all i know the Dutch might make a mean pie.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
For someone who knows it all, you're really off
Nevermind that Greek food like plakous has been around for centuries...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Greek food is amazing, I know, I am Greek ;)

Also the Chinese had a form of pizza, with cheese baked on bread, with seasoning, vegetables, toppings etc.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 03-12-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Nevermind that Greek food like plakous has been around for centuries...
I'm assuming its very similar to pizza, what are the differences?

Old 03-12-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pizza Hut
Papa John's
Domino's

I ate too much free Domino's in college so I've gotten really sick of it.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm assuming its very similar to pizza, what are the differences?

Cheese, tomato sauce, etc. is inside.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 03-12-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post

Cheese, tomato sauce, etc. is inside.
So its more like Stromboli?

Well then Greece gets credit for Stromboli (unless there is some other place i don't know about) and America gets credit for Pizza, haha.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if isn't on top it isn't a pizza! Out of that list I eat Pizza Hut the most probably. Pizza Shuttle is where it's at. Hideaway pizza is a pretty good local place. Theres one in Norman, Stillwater and I think one in Texas.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.

Quote:
For someone who knows it all, you're really off;).

Pizza was invented in New York City...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
yea like eaglesalltheway mentioned... Pizza is an american invention
You think pizza is an American invention?

Do you have evidence of this or are you just talking out of your ass?
I KNOW IT ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You think pizza is an American invention?

Do you have evidence of this or are you just talking out of your ass?
Immigrants brought pizza over to America I'm pretty sure.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite chain is Hungry Howie's. My favorite pizza overall is Buddy's (they only have eight locations, all in metro Detroit).
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote