Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-12-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
You think pizza is an American invention?

Do you have evidence of this or are you just talking out of your ass?
I've seen it on numerous shows on Food Network, just google it and you'll find it somewhere.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NYC pizza is amazing and my favorite.........but, Italy knows how to make pizza.......its pretty delicious there. I won't get from a chain unless I am hammered and everything else is closed.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://inventors.about.com/od/foodre...ns/a/pizza.htm

Quote:
Considered a peasant's meal in Italy for centuries we cannot say who invented the very first pizza pie. Food historians agree that pizza like dishes were eaten by many peoples in the Mediterranean including the Greeks and Egyptians.

However, modern pizza has been attributed to baker Raffaele Esposito of Naples. In 1889, Esposito who owned a restaurant called the Pizzeria di Pietro baked what he called "pizza" especially for the visit of Italian King Umberto I and Queen Margherita.

The first pizzeria in North America was opened in 1905 by Gennaro Lombardi at 53 1/3 Spring Street in New York City.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh and btw, India wins for grossest pizza hands down. They use ketchup instead of tomato sauce.......so nasty.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

yeah I was pretty sure the first official pizza was in napoli........
Old 03-12-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I've seen it on numerous shows on Food Network, just google it and you'll find it somewhere.
P-L just posted a link showing it was invented in Italy...

I always thought that was general knowledge, but I guess there's no limits to Americans' ethnocentrism.
I KNOW IT ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd have to say Pizza Hut for me, the best crust if you get the pan pizza. Just the perfect porprtion of sauce and cheeze and topping on the best crust.

Winner winner chicken dinner :D Man, I love the pan pizza from pizza hut, I usually get pepperoni lovers but the crust is amazing, I probably order at least a few a week, and being that spring break is here probably even more.

I really love Dominoes too when I get the thin crust, it just can't touch Pizza Hut's pan pizza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I want some pizza now. What do you guys eat on yours? I usually get pizza sausage and jalapenos.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well according to wikipedia I am wrong. Pizza was invented in Naples... Wikipedia knows all so i concede defeat...

however lest we forget that without the Americas, Europe would not have had tomatoes, and therefore would not have pizza. HA! American ethnocentrism prevails again!

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I always thought that was general knowledge, but I guess there's no limits to Americans' ethnocentrism.
Well then I bow down to your knowledge. I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't believe it to be true...

Damn you Food Network, and your Lies!

Old 03-12-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Man I want some pizza now. What do you guys eat on yours? I usually get pizza sausage and jalapenos.
I love Hawaiian, Sausage, Pepperoni, or meat lovers.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I usually get more cheese, sausage, hamburger, or bacon (mostly bacon)

Old 03-12-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well then I bow down to your knowledge. I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't believe it to be true...

Damn you Food Network, and your Lies!
that's where i had heard it as well... just another reason to not believe anything anyone on the food network says... Obviously not including Alton Brown who is the king of all food knowledge.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is how I rank em.

1. Pizza Hut: although I only eat there during their lunch buffet

2. Pappa Johns

3. Dominos: I only eat their Philly Cheesesteak pizza, which isn't really pizza imo. Which is good, because I would rank regular dominos pizza somewhere beneath tombstone and ellios.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You think pizza is an American invention?

Do you have evidence of this or are you just talking out of your ass?
Pizza in the form we all know and love is an American invention the origin of pizza its self is said to be either Chinese or Italian depending on who you talk to.

As for my fav fast pizza place it has to be

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.

I always liked Pizza Hut stuffed crust but I've only had it a few times. I'm a sucker for those unknown chains that every city seems to have hundreds of.
I KNOW IT ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know the Pizza Hut commercial where "They deliver the pasta!!!!!"?
Well next time it's on take a look after the 'big reveal'. There is tons of clapping noise but not one of the dinner guests is clapping. Drives me crazy.

On topic, I'd pick Dominos from there.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Uhhhh.... actually his link says no one knows who originally invented the pizza, just the modern pizza. Might want to read that again. But it's funny this debate comes up because two guys at my volunteer site were arguing over who actually invented pizza just the other day.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

there is no doubt in my mind that Pizza Hut's pasta is terrible.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and btw. My list goes something like this.....

1) Bellacino's
2) Pizza Perfect
3) Sir Pizza
Old 03-12-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I prefer Papa John's because of the garlic dipping sauce or whatever.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

as far as pizza in Milwaukee goes, the best i've found (and i'm pretty convinced that this is the best i'll find in this city) is a place called Oakland Trattoria. It's across the street from Oakland Gyros, the best greek restaurant in the city. Those who go to UW Milwauke (i'm looking at you Yodachu) should at least know all about OG's

Old 03-12-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
there is no doubt in my mind that Pizza Hut's pasta is terrible.
It is not god awful, it is eatable but still bad... I had pasta alfredo when my friends ordered it.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wedgewood Pizza in Austintown Ohio is the best pizza I've ever had.

I hate all these chains but I will go with Papa John's being the best of those and the only one I'll order from.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** man, just give me some Domino's.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote