Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just going to look at c. because that's the only thing that applies to what I was saying.

c. While I completely agree that he is accountable for it, I don't think he deserves all the abuse people on here are giving him for it. I don't want someone completely flipping out on me, if they themselves possibly made a similar mistake once in their lives. And while this is a big deal because it caused injury to another driver, it is also a common thing to happen. It deserves punishment, and people even have the right to look down on him for it, but...

Do not question his character or morals because of it. He messed up, but it does not mean he is a bad/lazy person like everyone is making it seem. This just means he drives like an asshole sometimes.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hey, people bash Barry Bonds on a sports forum and he never has had real evidence put against him. Athletes who put themselves in situations that negatively affect their reputation are subject to public ridicule. It comes with the territory of being in the public eye.
What are you talking about? Bonds admitted to using steroids.
I KNOW IT ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey, people bash Barry Bonds on a sports forum and he never has had real evidence put against him. Athletes who put themselves in situations that negatively affect their reputation are subject to public ridicule. It comes with the territory of being in the public eye.
Eh, not the same type of situation, but I get the point you are making.

And yes please, ridicule him for his mistake, but the people that are badmouthing his character/morals are just being ridiculous. Making somewhat common mistakes, that unfortunately had bad consequences in this situation, does not equal being a bad person in any way. Especially when those mistakes are usually met with people being angry, not people getting hurt. Trust me I know bad driving, I live in North Jersey and go to NYC often.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
What are you talking about? Bonds admitted to using steroids.
Yeah but people bashed him way before he admitted to that. You should know... I mean your name says it all. :)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
again, that's completely, bloody irrelevant. stop repeating it as if it actually has any bearing on ANYTHING.
It is completely relevant to the reactions people are having.

Quote:
a. Believe it or not, I'm not on trial here. He is and he did a wrong. There's no going around that. And no, not everyone makes the other people around them driving to crash.
b. Both parties are not at fault. I don't know how you came up with the idea that the guy willingly went into the median. Oh yay! That sounds fun!
c. What I do on the road, I am accountable for. What he does on the road, he is accountable for. Now he made a mistake. The fact that other people do the same thing doesn't matter. If they cause an accident, they are wrong as well. He doesn't get a free pass because others have done it. Wow. Just wow.
d. I never said he was Pacman. Should I type slower? I just said pro athletes who find themselves in repeated trouble find themselves out of the league or in jail... and this is not Big Al's first time facing trouble.
You completely misunderstood the point of my post.

a. Not everyone causes someone to crash, but often times that is because they are just lucky. If anyone drives recklessly they are increasing the chance of an accident. Haynesworth's just ended up in an accident.
b. I have had plenty of idiots damn near run me off the road, but I have been able to avoid an accident because I was driving defensively. It is very rare that an accident is unavoidable by either party.
c. I am not saying he shouldn't be punished, he did something stupid, broke a law, and caused an accident. He deserves to be punished, we don't disagree on that. But for everyone on this thread to be ready to crucify him for something as small as reckless driving is ridiculous, considering damn near every one of them has driven recklessly in the past.
d. Comparing him in anyway to PacMan is ridiculous. Haynesworth was involved in a car accident, PacMan was involved in a shooting(among other things.)
Old 03-12-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
I'm just going to look at c. because that's the only thing that applies to what I was saying.

c. While I completely agree that he is accountable for it, I don't think he deserves all the abuse people on here are giving him for it. I don't want someone completely flipping out on me, if they themselves possibly made a similar mistake once in their lives. And while this is a big deal because it caused injury to another driver, it is also a common thing to happen. It deserves punishment, and people even have the right to look down on him for it, but...

Do not question his character or morals because of it. He messed up, but it does not mean he is a bad/lazy person like everyone is making it seem. This just means he drives like an asshole sometimes.
He might probably agree that he deserves it himself. If he doesn't feel any remorse at all, then that's worse.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah but people bashed him way before he admitted to that. You should know... I mean your name says it all. :)
Ya, because there were mountains of circumstantial evidence. He gained huge amounts of weight in a small time, his home runs increased tremendously over the same time, his trainer was involved with Balco, and his hat size even grew(not to mention how widespread steroids were in baseball at the time). Not enough to convict in a court of law, but pretty obvious none the less.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
It is completely relevant to the reactions people are having.
This is the point of all my posts.

Stop badmouthing the guy's character because of this mistake. People are overreacting to this situation, in thinking that Haynesworth has bad morals which is why he caused this accident.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He might probably agree that he deserves it himself. If he doesn't feel any remorse at all, then that's worse.
What does people calling him a POS and the like have to do with him feeling remorse? If I caused an accident, I would feel remorse, but I sure as hell wouldn't put up with what has been said in this thread about me. Two completely unrelated things there.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This is the point of all my posts.

Stop badmouthing the guy's character because of this mistake. People are overreacting to this situation, in thinking that Haynesworth has bad morals which is why he caused this accident.
That is all that needs to be said. There wasn't intent so it has no bearing on his morals.

Let me repeat that, HE CAUSED AN ACCIDENT. Again for all of you that are slow, an ACCIDENT. If you want to question his judgment, fine. I agree with that. He showed poor judgment, he did not show poor morals though.

Last edited by someone447 : 03-12-2009 at 09:05 PM.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, if we knew his reaction to the accident, then questioning his character, which is what people did in here, is perfectly acceptable. I was kind of called out in here, so that's what I'm going to do to other people. Nothing personal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Oh epic suckages ball whiping ******** ****.

What a douche bag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
wow. Should we expect more from Albert? I guess all he wanted was his contract, and now he's just gonna blow off football? What a punk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I'm sure once Albert got his 100 Million he decided he could start running his car into and injuring others.

I feel that these reactions are a little much. Overreactions to say the least.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
which facts that i was responding to? that the "fact" that i've never driven recklessly has any bearing on this case?

whether or not *i've* ever made a mistake has absolutely no relevance whatsoever when discussing a mistake ALBERT HAYNESWORTH made. period. again, it's a complete disconnect in logic to suggest that it should or does have any bearing. if i've ever made a mistake, that in no way whatsoever pre-empts my ability to suggest that others either 1) have made the same mistake or 2) that they shouldn't have made the same mistake. it's not hypocritical at all. period. full stop.

quote one negative comment, or admit you just completely lied.

which has NOTHING to do with whether or not i've ever made a mistake.

no, it's still irrelevant. if i've ever gotten a speeding ticket, are you honestly trying to suggest that i can't have an opinion about a guy who allegedly drove someone else off the road? let me know when you join the real world.

no. it's not. what IS relevant, that keeps getting lost in your silly self-righteousness, is that people are condemning someone for being indicted, rather than convicted. but we should probably spend 3 out of 4 talking points discussing whether or not i'm perfect instead.
Pointing out hypocrisy was complete relevant to the amount of hate shown by some of these posters.

Pot calling the kettle black, remove the plank from your eye before trying to remove the speck from your brothers, let he who is without sin cast the first stone, etc, etc.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hahaha so true!

...and the Giants are like that ugly lookin' tranny in the corner, who looks so obvious that she's a man, but you keep looking because she's so weird...and everytime you make eye contact you look away immediately because you don't want her catching you starring because you know deep down inside she can royally kick your ass. :D
And the cowboys are.... women....

Edit: This is clearly a case of getting your money and slacking. He's even to unmotivated to drive slow before he got the money, because he knew he would get it!!

Seriously, how can anyone tie this to anything Albert has done, or will do on a football field is beyond me.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
whether or not *i've* ever made a mistake has absolutely no relevance whatsoever when discussing a mistake ALBERT HAYNESWORTH made. period. again, it's a complete disconnect in logic to suggest that it should or does have any bearing. if i've ever made a mistake, that in no way whatsoever pre-empts my ability to suggest that others either 1) have made the same mistake or 2) that they shouldn't have made the same mistake. it's not hypocritical at all. period. full stop.
Well I disagree with this. I feel that if you have made a mistake then you do not have the right to come down on someone else for making a similar mistake. Murderers coming down on other murderers is not right.

Quote:
quote one negative comment, or admit you just completely lied.
Sorry, I guess you may not have made a negative comment towards Haynesworth, but you did post this:

Quote:
again, that's completely, bloody irrelevant. stop repeating it as if it actually has any bearing on ANYTHING.
You called me out there, which is why I responded. Sorry for accusing you of talking bad on Haynesworth, but I feel that my responses were not unwarranted.

Quote:
which has NOTHING to do with whether or not i've ever made a mistake.
Well, considering you just had me prove that you did not say anything about Haynesworth, what I said here is irrelevant to you. It concerns the people that did talk about him.

Quote:
no, it's still irrelevant. if i've ever gotten a speeding ticket, are you honestly trying to suggest that i can't have an opinion about a guy who allegedly drove someone else off the road? let me know when you join the real world.
You missed my point. I'm saying that it is right for anyone to come on here and say what he did was wrong and state their opinion. I think that they cross a line if their opinion and what they said is about his character or morals.

I feel as if you realize that my point (see: character quotes) is correct, but instead of just leaving it be, you are nitpicking through what I have said to find minor flaws, and then you call me out on those. You've yet to attack my central point that I tried to make in numerous posts.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Seriously, how can anyone tie this to anything Albert has done, or will do on a football field is beyond me.
My point exactly.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOUD NOISES!!!

It's a 6'5, 330-lb man crammed into a Ferrari or whatever the deuce he was driving. You could probably see the tops of his knees if you looked into his car as you passed him. Odds are this poor fellah saw this hilarity on wheels in his rearview mirrior, and lost control cause he was laughing so hard.

Besides, it's the south. If you don't get out the way, we're gonna get up under ya, shake ya loose, and put ya into the wall. *spits out dip*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I see your boy Penn is accusing GSP of using illegal grease. Wasn't trying to troll....thought you would be interested since he's in your signature and such. Sorry D-Unit :(

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 03-13-2009 at 06:20 AM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:55 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Ya, because there were mountains of circumstantial evidence. He gained huge amounts of weight in a small time, his home runs increased tremendously over the same time, his trainer was involved with Balco, and his hat size even grew(not to mention how widespread steroids were in baseball at the time). Not enough to convict in a court of law, but pretty obvious none the less.
So you criticized Bonds because you assumed he was guilty based on those signs...

Yet sit there and criticize us because we're assuming Haynesworth is guilty of this car incident when all the signs point that way.

Yeah.... o..k... hrmm..... something's wrong with that picture...
Old 03-13-2009, 01:59 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
What does people calling him a POS and the like have to do with him feeling remorse? If I caused an accident, I would feel remorse, but I sure as hell wouldn't put up with what has been said in this thread about me. Two completely unrelated things there.
Calm down. You're getting yourself worked up. This is just a conversation. Why do you insist on relating this incident to yourself and us as well? This is his own doing. This is him we're criticizing. Not you! Are you Albert Haynesworth himself, posting under your username? Now you have me wondering... lol. If you're a public figure and you do dumb stuff, criticism comes with the territory 10 times the amount of a normal person.

...and I haven't heard anyone refer to him as a POS... again.. an overreaction of your emotions getting the best of you.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:20 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So you criticized Bonds because you assumed he was guilty based on those signs...

Yet sit there and criticize us because we're assuming Haynesworth is guilty of this car incident when all the signs point that way.

Yeah.... o..k... hrmm..... something's wrong with that picture...
First, my point wasn't even that he hasn't been found guilty. Let's assume for a second, that he is guilty of what he is accused of, it is still an overreaction to say this calls into question his character and work ethic.

Quote:
Calm down. You're getting yourself worked up. This is just a conversation. Why do you insist on relating this incident to yourself and us as well? This is his own doing. This is him we're criticizing. Not you! Are you Albert Haynesworth himself, posting under your username? Now you have me wondering... lol. If you're a public figure and you do dumb stuff, criticism comes with the territory 10 times the amount of a normal person.

...and I haven't heard anyone refer to him as a POS... again.. an overreaction of your emotions getting the best of you.
Now, I'm not getting worked up at all. What happened to Haynseworth doesn't effect me in any way. Even if this were about me, some random people I don't know has no effect on my life. This has more to do with the hero worship of celebrities and the enjoyment from their falls that our society so loves. That does effect my life, because I have to hear people drone on and on about it all the time. The hero worship of celebrities is absolutely ridiculous, everyone needs to realize these are just people. Haynesworth just happens to be better at football than 99.9999999999999999% of the world.

Yes, he is a public figure, but to say reckless driving is in anyway an indication of his morals or work ethic is asinine. He was involved in a car accident, I just can't understand how some people think that is an indication of character problems.

They didn't call him a POS in as many words, but go read the responses where people jump down his throat.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:53 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

i thought this way over.... :(

apparently not.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:20 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
i thought this way over.... :(

apparently not.
I'm done. :D
Old 03-13-2009, 11:45 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well we already know the guy kicked a defenseless man on the ground when he wasn't wearing a helmet. How much benefit of the doubt does he deserve? NONE.
but it was a cowboy so that doesnt count
Old 03-13-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to this guy, Haynesworth is his client's most favorite player, so he is especially upset.

:D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hahaha so true!

...and the Giants are like that ugly lookin' tranny in the corner, who looks so obvious that she's a man, but you keep looking because she's so weird...and everytime you make eye contact you look away immediately because you don't want her catching you starring because you know deep down inside she can royally kick your ass. :D
lmaooo

what are the eagles? :)