Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-12-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Baltimore Ravens Offseason Update

Nick Griesen has been Released

and Willis McGahee has changed his number from 23, to 21.

I wonder why we cut him before Rolle. I thought with the departure of Scott, Greisen would get alot of playing time, but maybe the coaching staff has got alot of trust and confidence in Gooden, Prescott, and McClain. And lets all not forget about Brendon Ayanbadejo. He played ALOT of MLB in the pro bowl and he might be the darkhorse candidate from the job opposite of Ray. He plays with alot of energy and is a good overall LB. Plus our coaching staff really likes him. As for McGahee changing his number, I personally like it, I think he'll look better in it and he'll be alot happier :D Also, anyone know why Samari Rolle hasn't been cut yet?

What do you grade our offseason thus far?
Old 03-12-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Well my McGahee jersey will look alot dumber now...releasing Greisen is a bit curious, not sure if I agree with that.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do we even have burgess still?
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes we do.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get the release of Griesen. Whatever, I guess they want those younger guys to get thrown into the fire.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DAMMIT WILLIS!!!!! Guess I'll have to get a new jersey for next season, hopefully it'll say "Heyward-Bey" on it.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:55 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i graduated high school with nick griesen. knew him for about 6 years. that is all.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
i graduated high school with nick griesen. knew him for about 6 years. that is all.
You went to Sturgeon Bay High? Did you ever know Chris?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
You went to Sturgeon Bay High? Did you ever know Chris?
definitely know of him. i've seen him a lot, but beyond just saying 'hi' i've never formally met him.

he was a few years older than me, but he was dating my trig teacher's daughter, so he always came back to the high school and hung out. i think he ran a football camp in town too. good guy. local hero kinda. after he got cut by the cardinals he came back to the area to play for the Blizzard.
how do you know him?
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:51 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind the release of Greisen since we do have Brenden A. still here. We are probabl still trying to look for a trade involving Rolle, but I doubt that we get much if anything for him.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

releasing Greisen means the coaching staff must love Gooden. Or their just trying to free up cap room for our draft picks. Maybe guys like
-Rey Maualuga or James Laurinaitis if we feel ILB is a major need and go for it in the 1st. But I wouldn't
- Jasper Brinkley would be a great pickup in rounds 2 or 3. IF coaching staff still isn't sure about Tavares Gooden..
- But I say, we feel we can wait till the later rounds for an inside guy, Frantz Joseph or Antonio Appleby would be good pickups.

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Laurinaitis could be the pick at 26 if DHB, Nicks, Britt, and Vonta are all gone. To me though that 26th pick has to be DHB, Nicks, or Britt. Not a huge Kenny Britt fan but I do think he has the attributes to be special if he keeps his head under control.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I think Laurinaitis could be the pick at 26 if DHB, Nicks, Britt, and Vonta are all gone. To me though that 26th pick has to be DHB, Nicks, or Britt. Not a huge Kenny Britt fan but I do think he has the attributes to be special if he keeps his head under control.
I agree with you there. I hope James L. isn't the pick though. He doesn't seem to be able to do a good job of shedding blockers, and in our 3-4 the ILB's need to do that. I wouldn't be totally opposed to it, but I feel we don't need any help at any of the LB positions. But if get get our other needs filled BPA is always the way to go...
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I think Pat Kirwan's latest mock had us taking him. He thinks he'd be a good fit next to Ray. I think if those guys are gone we should trade down. With Samari getting cut, we need to address the cornerback position.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Not sure about Brinkley he has a low floor and a high ceiling he seems a lot like Michael Johnson from the standpoint of his size and mobility for a LB. But he has not put up GREAT numbers in college so he would be a project a little bit.. though he could be the type of player that thrives in the NFL and was mediocre in college..
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
definitely know of him. i've seen him a lot, but beyond just saying 'hi' i've never formally met him.

he was a few years older than me, but he was dating my trig teacher's daughter, so he always came back to the high school and hung out. i think he ran a football camp in town too. good guy. local hero kinda. after he got cut by the cardinals he came back to the area to play for the Blizzard.
how do you know him?
My brother went through his QB academy for three years, and my dad, brother and I visited him down in Dallas about three years ago when he was still with the Desparados. We played three rounds of golf through the week, had a few meals together, and he showed us some stuff to do in Dallas. He's a quality individual and he coaches half a mile down from where I work in the summer now.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote