Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-13-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Remaining FA's

We know Ozzie said he isn't done in FA. Yall probably read it, but baltimoreravens.com outlined remaining FA's on offense, and a few names caught my eye.

DJ Hackett hasn't been that productive, but he's decently young and has good size/speed. He doesn't have much leverage on the market.

Reggie Williams is another interesting guy. He's a great athlete, has great size, and would complement our other receivers really well. He's an enigma, but on a good Jaguars team during the 07 season, he put up impressive numbers (629 yards, 16.6 ypc, 10tds) on a run heavy offense. He's going to turn 26 soon, but he's got 5 years experience and 53 starts in his career. And he's been very durable.

Malcolm Floyd is an interesting player who should come cheap. He's huge (6'5, 225), decently young and is a downfield threat. He averaged over 17 ypc on 27 catches last year.

Besides CMac, Karl Paymah and Jarrett Bush are the only guys we're looking at still. I'm a fan of Paymah. He's big, has played in a bad situation in Denver where they didn't have a pass rush last year. He's still young but might cost some decent money, but with Rolle's release, we should be freed up to make the move.

There are some other guys at positions we don't really need, like Duke Preston (G/C for Buffalo) or guys we could bring in if some younger guys don't develop, Morlon Greenwood or Napoleon Harris.

I think we need to get at least 1 of the top corners or receivers left on the market. With Rolle being released, we are left with two guys who probably would be nickels on most teams. Our 1st rounder, in my opinion, needs to be spent on a corner or a receiver, so if we can knock out one of those positions before the draft it'd be a whole lot better. We've been much better developing DBs, so I'd rather us sign a WR like Reggie Williams and take a corner with our 1st. I don't think Ozzie would be afraid to reach on a guy like Jarius Byrd if they feel like he's the best left on board.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Bringing back CMac is not in the cards.. we would have had him restructure not cut him if we wanted him back.

I am not a fan of the WR crop that is out there past Holt now. I would rather see us bring in solid vets in Holt and Mason with Clayton and someone like DHB or Maclin or Nicks in the fold as well.. Cam would have a field day!!
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:29 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind Torry Holt. The guy has got alot left in him and can still produce.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I wouldn't mind Torry Holt. The guy has got alot left in him and can still produce.
We don't have too much cap space though, and he'll probably command a multiyear deal with a per year more than T.O. ($6.5 million)
Old 03-14-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3979994

Chris Carr, DB, Titans...decent signing I guess. It's a pretty cheap deal, but he's still not that #1 corner we need.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
We don't have too much cap space though, and he'll probably command a multiyear deal with a per year more than T.O. ($6.5 million)
will if thats the case, forget him. If he's willing to cmoe cheap w/ a short deal, I'm all for it, cause the guy still has gas in the tank, but a multiyear deal is not worth it. I'd rather invest that in a WR in the first round.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I can't see Holt getting TO money. He will get an insentive laden deal for around $2m
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote