Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default Cory Redding for Julian Peterson is done.

According to FOXSports.com, via Tom Kowalski of Mlive.com, the deal that will send defensive tackle Cory Redding from Detroit to Seattle for linebacker Julian Peterson is done. http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...ding_to_s.html

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the trade. Redding is insanely overpaid. He was a product of playing next to Shaun Rogers.

Peterson will start at SLB for us I'd imagine.

As for draft implications, I think this lessens the possibility of us taking Aaron Curry. I also think it makes DT a top priority for either the 20th or 33rd pick. Peria Jerry at 20 is my new target.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting deal. Knocks off the chances of seattle getting Raji and Detroit taking Curry at #1.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julian Peterson is overpaid too. An odd trade but maybe a change of scenery will help both players.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I love the trade.
It's a good move for both teams, for sure.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
cc360
Rookie

cc360 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Overpaid player traded for overpaid player. Seahawks get a pick.

Seems like an OK deal for both teams. I think I also read that Redding will restructure his deal, but I'm not sure if it's true or not.

Peterson was a good player, but he did a couple things that just annoyed the hell out of me. Doesn't wrap up, not a great run stopper, not great at covering TEs, undisciplined. He was a better DE for Seattle than LB.
cc360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Schwartz just got his Keith Bulluck for Detroit.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Julian Peterson is overpaid too. An odd trade but maybe a change of scenery will help both players.
I don't know his contract status, but I doubt he's as overpaid as Redding.

Redding's 7 year, 49 million dollar contract made him the highest paid DT at the time. That's absurd.

Redding agreed to restructure his contract though. Good deal all around.

NOW GO GET CUTLER!
Old 03-14-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it will be nice to see redding motivated again
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Martin Mayhew is proving to be a very good trader in the NFL.

Now let's see how good he is at drafting . . .
Old 03-14-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
cc360
Rookie

Peterson will count about $9M vs the cap in 2009, and almost $10M in 2010. He's pricey.

And he's on the wrong side of 30.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson is also the best 4-3 OLB in the league while Redding is a barely above average DT. The Lions have gotten the better end of two trades in the past year, now, as opposed the 0 in the decade before that.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
cc360
Rookie

Peterson is not the best 4-3 OLB in the league. That's false.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:04 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Peterson is also the best 4-3 OLB in the league while Redding is a barely above average DT. The Lions have gotten the better end of two trades in the past year, now, as opposed the 0 in the decade before that.
and that got us all of 4 wins last year. We need a pass rush, and Redding has a solid motor when he is healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80
Hmm, sounds like I need to update my "Keith Bulluck > all other 4-3 LB's" study again... ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This trade doesn't make a lot of sense - I mostly expected both teams to just cut the players. That makes more sense financially too, since I doubt either team wants to keep those players at the contracts they have. Also, it ruins their abilities to make smokescreens - Detroit can be pretty much eliminated from the Aaron Curry sweepstakes (which hurts their chances of trading down) and Seattle can be eliminated from the B.J. Raji sweepstakes (which hurts their chances of trading down.) The Seahawks doing this means they're very likely to target Aaron Curry, but could be forced to either take a pretty substantial hit to their linebacker corps or cough up some extra picks (and potentially high ones) to move up one or two picks (potentially aiding the Rams, who are a division rival) to select Curry.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

LOLitsTomBrady hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
This trade doesn't make a lot of sense - I mostly expected both teams to just cut the players. That makes more sense financially too, since I doubt either team wants to keep those players at the contracts they have. Also, it ruins their abilities to make smokescreens - Detroit can be pretty much eliminated from the Aaron Curry sweepstakes (which hurts their chances of trading down) and Seattle can be eliminated from the B.J. Raji sweepstakes (which hurts their chances of trading down.) The Seahawks doing this means they're very likely to target Aaron Curry, but could be forced to either take a pretty substantial hit to their linebacker corps or cough up some extra picks (and potentially high ones) to move up one or two picks (potentially aiding the Rams, who are a division rival) to select Curry.

not quite poopy pants

Arron Curry can play MLB which would justify paying him 60 million dollars. Lions still have no one who can play the middle
LOLitsTomBrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
cc360
Rookie

It's not as big as a hit to the Seahawks LB core as you think. The Seahawks made it to the super bowl with Hill, Tatupu and Lewis playing LB. Hell I think Hill is better than Peterson.

Seahawks could just sign Derrick Brooks on the cheap for a quick stop gap. The Seahawks new DC is from Tampa Bay.
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLitsTomBrady View Post
not quite poopy pants

Arron Curry can play MLB which would justify paying him 60 million dollars. Lions still have no one who can play the middle
No one is going to take a middle linebacker in the top five of a draft. Remember Patrick Willis? 6'2", 240 or so, ran in the 4.3s, #11.
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
and that got us all of 4 wins last year. We need a pass rush, and Redding has a solid motor when he is healthy.
and Cory Redding helped the Lions get how many wins last year? All of my bias as a 49er fan aside, JP is a top 3 4-3 OLB at worst and Redding isn't even in the top half of the league when it comes to starting defensive tackles. Redding is also only two years younger than JP. This trade is so stupid for the Seahawks I thought it was a joke when I first heard about it this morning.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Peterson is also the best 4-3 OLB in the league
Hahaha, no.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Jim Schwartz does not place much value on the MLB position. Actually, it probably ranks 13th on his priorities, right behind Nickelback.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

Quote:
No one is going to take a middle linebacker in the top five of a draft. Remember Patrick Willis? 6'2", 240 or so, ran in the 4.3s, #11.

no one will take a MLB in the top 5 yet Curry is projected to go either 1st or 2nd as an OLB? Your logic is flawed friend
Old 03-14-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLitsTomBrady View Post
no one will take a MLB in the top 5 yet Curry is projected to go either 1st or 2nd as an OLB? Your logic is flawed friend
Except that outside linebackers actually, you know, DO get drafted in the top five. See LaVar Arrington and AJ Hawk, who were both drafted to play outside.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

Quote:
Except that outside linebackers actually, you know, DO get drafted in the top five. See LaVar Arrington and AJ Hawk, who were both drafted to play outside.

oh shut up