Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-14-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default I laugh at everyone still holding out for Curry

Frankly I'm really happy we got Peterson and took Curry out of the running at #1. Sure he's a good prospect but face it, it would have been the wrong move to commit #1 pick resources to a strong-side linebacker, or if as an MLB, to a player you intend to convert to a position he didn't play.

Not to mention that in this weak draft, I think Curry was being really overvalued as a possible #1 pick. I don't see anything about him that LB prospects like AJ Hawk or Patrick Willis didn't have. He's a solid top-10 selection but at #1 you have to go for a franchise-changing superstar and I don't see that in Curry at all.

So face it folks, it's not happening. We're not drafting Curry to take over for Sims, or to play MLB, or to back up Peterson and learn. Even if we went to a 3-4, Avril would most likely convert to a rush OLB and play across from Peterson. The pick now is Smith, or Stafford, or trade down. Live with it.

Last edited by Calvin & Kevin : 03-14-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Calvin & Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had the worst DEFENSE last year! I WANT THE QUICK FIX! CURRY #1! NO STAFFORD!

/mlive
Old 03-14-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

50% Stafford, 40% Smith 10% Curry are what our odds are right now I'm guessing. There is still a ton of time until the draft to sort out who they think they will take. With taking Curry, he can easily play MLB and be dominant, but if u take him at #1 he will be the highest paid MLB in the league. You have to ask yourself if that's worth it and if you think he would be the best linebacker in the league.

Also IMO I think Monroe will be better than Smith. Smith is just the hot prospect right now, but if they both had to play in a game today, Monroe would easily be the better player. People like Smith because he has the POTENTIAL to be the best tackle and better than Monroe, even tho right now he's not. Which is funny because that is the same reason so many people are scared to draft Stafford, the potential he has over his actual ability right now.
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reasons why we won't take Curry #1:

-We have Julian Peterson
-Too high to take a Linebacker
-Schwartz doesn't put a high priority on the MLB position
-We'd be drafting a guy to change his position
-We need a Franchise QB
-We need a Franchise LT

and so on.. I never thought we should, or expected us to, take Curry #1. It was just a foolish idea. If they for some reason decided against Stafford, the pick would have to be a LT.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
StorminNorman
Rookie

StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.

Who is better at their position: Culpepper or Bachus?
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Reasons why we won't take Curry #1:

-We have Julian Peterson
-Too high to take a Linebacker
-Schwartz doesn't put a high priority on the MLB position
-We'd be drafting a guy to change his position
-We need a Franchise QB
-We need a Franchise LT

and so on.. I never thought we should, or expected us to, take Curry #1. It was just a foolish idea. If they for some reason decided against Stafford, the pick would have to be a LT.
I agree. Everyone knows Curry will be a STUD, but you just don't take LB's #1 overall. The money aspect just doesn't make sense, which sucks but it's the truth. It's down to Franchise QB and franchise LT. If the staff isn't sold on Stafford then they'll go for Smith or Monroe.
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

numbers for you which i got off of mlive. Im just too lazy to go and post the link.

Highest paid LB in the NFL (in terms of guarenteed money): Bart scott with 22 millions guarenteed.

If we drafted Curry we would be paying him about 30 mil guarenteed. I couldnt live with giving a rookie a bigger contract than any other LB in the NFL.

Plus we have so many holes and we now have 2 pro-bowl caliber LBs. Lets address some other area's of the team since our LBs won't be any good if we dont get some guys on the Dline.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan81 View Post
I agree. Everyone knows Curry will be a STUD, but you just don't take LB's #1 overall. The money aspect just doesn't make sense, which sucks but it's the truth. It's down to Franchise QB and franchise LT. If the staff isn't sold on Stafford then they'll go for Smith or Monroe.
I still don't agree with this thinking. You take whoever you project to be the best player and who can help you out the most long term. Right now with petersen on board, i'm thinking Stafford. I'm not doing cartwheels like some people, but i'm feeling better about our defense at least.

But if the trade didn't happen, i'd still be good with taking Curry. I can't believe all the people here that have a wedgie over the idea of taking Curry #1. Parcells proved last year that you can draft another position #1 overall and negotiate a lower contract so get over the money issue. Most experts even your beloved Mel Kiper calls him the best player in the draft and the safest pick. And chances are he will go two spots later to #3. wow, what a reach he would be at #1....
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
numbers for you which i got off of mlive. Im just too lazy to go and post the link.

Highest paid LB in the NFL (in terms of guarenteed money): Bart scott with 22 millions guarenteed.

If we drafted Curry we would be paying him about 30 mil guarenteed. I couldnt live with giving a rookie a bigger contract than any other LB in the NFL.

Plus we have so many holes and we now have 2 pro-bowl caliber LBs. Lets address some other area's of the team since our LBs won't be any good if we dont get some guys on the Dline.
So let me ask this... what will we pay stafford and how will he rank with QBs being paid in the NFL?

The whole payment structure for the #1 overall is just insane to begin with. i hope they restructure that soon. No matter what position you pick #1 overall, he is probably going to be the highest or at least top 3.

I agree. LB looks good with Petersen. #1 pick for Stafford... I switch allegences.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Parcells took a Left Tackle #1, not a Linebacker. The only positions that should go #1 are QB, LT, DE, DT, and sometimes WR.

I'm not against taking Curry #1 because it's a reach.. I'm against it because we have much bigger needs, we have no Franchise QB and no Franchise LT.. We'd bypass that to take a Linebacker? No matter how good he is, he's not going to have as much of an impact as a potentially great QB or LT.

Last edited by WMD : 03-14-2009 at 09:09 PM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
5 Fingers of Death
Rookie

5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.5 Fingers of Death is a cocksman.

Stafford is a lock at #1 unless we do something with Cutler. I really do not want Cutler. Maybe Stafford #1, Jerry #20.
5 Fingers of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if you go Stafford, then Jerry, do you take best LT available at 33 like Beatty? Or do you hold off until next year in the 1st when you can get a better prospect? It might be better to look at someone like Oher at 20 because there may be more DT depth available at the top of the 2nd round.

Just curious who would be protecting Stafford's blind side in that scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The LT job is still Jeff Backus'.. We need a LG. Though the way Mayhew is going, we'll probably trade Jeff Backus for a DT or something.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
Who is better at their position: Culpepper or Bachus?
Who cares, you take the guy who you think is going to have the largest impact.

Quote:
So if you go Stafford, then Jerry, do you take best LT available at 33 like Beatty? Or do you hold off until next year in the 1st when you can get a better prospect? It might be better to look at someone like Oher at 20 because there may be more DT depth available at the top of the 2nd round.

Just curious who would be protecting Stafford's blind side in that scenario.
I'd do that, you don't get the chance to add an elite passer, and pass protector that often. Jerry isn't that young either, and will not be the impact player that someone like Smith or Oher could be.

Guys need to stop worrying about trying to plug needs on an 0-16 team, and just get the biggest impact players available at any position that isn't Calvin Johnson.

There will be other guys like Jerry every draft, you will have a shot at a top 5 type OT prospect at 20, either of these guys could be at the top of draft boards in a draft with less OT talent.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
The LT job is still Jeff Backus'.. We need a LG. Though the way Mayhew is going, we'll probably trade Jeff Backus for a DT or something.
Works for me.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Kevin View Post
Works for me.
I second that.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblain1 View Post
So let me ask this... what will we pay stafford and how will he rank with QBs being paid in the NFL?
The difference is quarterbacks are supposed to be the highest paid players on your team. With Stafford you're paying premium money for a premium position.

If they took Curry #1 they'd be paying premium money for a non-premium position.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:49 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So NFL.com's Steve Wyche is saying that instead of Stafford #1 we may want to do the opposite of what the Falcons did; grab the top LT and then a lower-ranked qb to finish off the first round. Seems like they're taking the Freeman-route. Thoughts anyone.

Also: it's a great trade.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my problem is that there is one stafford and the tackles don't have as big of a separation between them. if we don't take stafford then it better be because we traded down or magically had sanchez fall 19 spots. i'm not comfortable with that kind of risk. and i'm not comfortable with freeman who i think it a couple years off and may never get it. we have the time to wait for freeman, but i think it sends the wrong message.

as for next year, its a great DT/DE/OT class. if we get beatty then we can go for mccoy(DT) and greg hardy or whoever proves to be better than them next year. i'm a fan of taking one of those(DT/DE/OT) positions then filling out next year but then again we should just go BPA this year regardless.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Whitebull
Rookie

Whitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWhitebull is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Jerry is NOT the DT for us. We just traded away undersized Corey Redding. I don't think Schwartz and Mayhew are lying when they say "size, size, size". They want DTs over 300 pounds.

I wouldn't be surprised if we traded Backus, but i'd be less surprised if we traded Raiola. I'd love to trade Raiola to be honest, he's a good player but his lack of size/bulk/strength is a HUGE liability, especially when he's got to play the Williams wall twice, and pretty soon some massive green bay nose tackle lining up over him in a 3-4. Like BJ Raji.
Whitebull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and alex mack there staring right at us if we wanted him this year.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:39 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like the Peterson signing plus it got rid of Cory Redding ... He was just avg imo and for the top 5 DT $ he was gettting paid he needed to dominate. Just proof of another Millen mistake the new regime is being forced to deal with and get rid of to build a solid foundation.

This Culter thing will not go away ... we'll see this week if he reports to Denver for workouts. Since Curry likely will not be our #1 what if McDaniels wants Stafford as his new pet project so we draft him and trade for Cutler, swap our #2's and we get Rey Maulauluga with Denver's #12 pick?

That would be sick, Cutler as the Pro Bowl QB (only 25 yrs old!) and SLB Peterson, MLB Maulauluga, WLB Sims as the core of the D ... whoa, that is an upgrade!

Last edited by SINCE1978 : 03-15-2009 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Cutler ...
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:46 AM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

LOLitsTomBrady hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think theres a chance we pick up BJ Raji with the number 1 pick. I wouldn't like it but teams always do the unexpected in the draft.
LOLitsTomBrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many unexpected first picks happen?
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:12 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
The difference is quarterbacks are supposed to be the highest paid players on your team. With Stafford you're paying premium money for a premium position.

If they took Curry #1 they'd be paying premium money for a non-premium position.
Exactly! Historically there are only 3 positions that have proved to be worthy of the #1 premium money associated with #1 and those positions are QB, LT, and DE.