Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Oakland Raiders Sign OT Khalif Barnes

Quote:
NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi confirms that free agent offensive tackle Khalif Barnes has signed a one-year deal with the Oakland Raiders. According to Lombardi, the Raiders have also promised not to choose an offensive tackle in April’s NFL Draft.

Barnes, 26, was drafted in the second round in 2005 by the Jaguars and has started 57 games in his four-year career. Barnes will compete for a starting job, as the Raiders cut veteran left tackle Kwame Harris last month.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/14/ot-b...-with-raiders/

Very good signing. Is a lock at starting RT and will compete with Henderson to play LT. Allows us to get a WR (Crabtree hopefully or Maclin), DE( Orakpo) or DT( Raji)

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Last edited by RaiderNation : 03-14-2009 at 10:45 PM.
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good signing by Oakland. Where do you think they're leaning in the draft?
Old 03-14-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I don't think this needed a thread.

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguy555 View Post
Chris Carr got his own thread....

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 03-14-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguy555 View Post
Why not? It could affect the draft quite a bit.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the fact that's it only a one year deal. And I agree this does affect the draft. Al Davis is real high on Mario Henderson and Barnes will most likely start on the right side. I don't think Raiders will go OT in round one now.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Well I was expecting all of the top tier tackles to be off the board when the raiders picked anyways.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of them? You were expecting Jason Smith, Andre Smith, Michael Oher and Eugene Monroe to be gone by 7?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice solid move by the Raiders and really helps their OL. Barnes is versatile enough to play both tackle positions and will be a significant upgrade at right tackle. I'm sure JaMarcus Russell and Darren McFadden are happy.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

Add a center threw the draft and Oakland will have a nice promising offense line.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:17 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
All of them? You were expecting Jason Smith, Andre Smith, Michael Oher and Eugene Monroe to be gone by 7?
Depends on how you classify them I guess. I think that Jason Smith and Eugene Monroe are quite a bit ahead of the other two, but often group all 4 together.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:21 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Legend View Post
Add a center threw the draft and Oakland will have a nice promising offense line.
Mack/Unger/Wood in the 2nd or maybe Luigs/Caldwell in the 3rd would complete our Oline. I like what we have added to this Oline. 2 young OT's in Barnes and Pears that can play both LT and RT. The line should look like

LT Henderson
LG Gallery
C Draft one please
RG Carlisle
RT Barnes/Pears

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 03-15-2009, 01:34 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Mack/Unger/Wood in the 2nd or maybe Luigs/Caldwell in the 3rd would complete our Oline. I like what we have added to this Oline. 2 young OT's in Barnes and Pears that can play both LT and RT. The line should look like

LT Henderson
LG Gallery
C Draft one please
RG Carlisle
RT Barnes/Pears
I think that, in theory, that looks pretty good. However, it's quite a risk hanging it all on Barnes and Henderson at the tackle positions, not to mention Carlisle at RG who had a very down year after a good 2007.

At center, don't forget Chris Morris. He could be an option, although only on a very, very slim chance (certainly Henderson has a better chance of working out at LT than Morris at C).

I think there's reason for optimism in Oakland, but I also would not protest if they spent 3 draft picks in the first 4 rounds on the offensive line. Both the Oline and the WR position are really enigmas in Oakland. The optimistic fan will give glowing reports about the potential at both positions, but the pessimistic fan will say that the Raiders have about 5-6 starting positions that need to be addressed this offseason. I lean more towards safer is better at this point (i.e. get much more talent at those positions if you can), but that's just my opinion.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:51 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Also I forgot to mention Paul McQuisten. He has a legit chance at playing RG or RT. He looked real good at both positions before he got hurt.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 03-15-2009, 03:28 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Jezz seeing a guy with Barnes' potential only signing a one year deal I wish the giants could've brought him in, had him be at worst our 6th man/backup swing tackle but also get a shot at pushing Diehl inside to LG if he got his head out of his rear.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:55 AM    (permalink
Young Legend
Veteran

Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.Young Legend is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post

LT Henderson
LG Gallery
C Draft one please
RG Carlisle
RT Barnes/Pears
Call me crazy or stupid but I truly think Barnes is gonna be Oakland's LT, If its a fair battle with him and Henderson and Cable is not playing favorites Barnes should easily beat out Henderson. I think Barnes playing under Tom Cable and OL coach Jim Michalczik is really gonna help him and playing this this scheme he is gonna flourish in.

And im really not ready to handle the RT spot to Henderson if he cant win the LT spot.Pears might end up being a better option for the Raiders right there.

Last edited by Young Legend : 03-15-2009 at 04:59 AM.
Young Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:39 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, Oakland is really a team on the rise. I think Jamarcus Russell really benefits from being coached by Tom Cable and he has shown that he is fully capable of being Oaklands "franchise" QB. There running game is top notch with Darren McFadden, Justin Fargas, and Michael Bush. They got a great young TE in Zach Miller. Now with them adding Barnes, it really solidifies there o-line(still need a center), Now, alll they need is a consistent playmaker in the recieving and that offense will really start to click. Look for Russell to really benefit from his strong run game and solid o-line. I think this means they will most likely go Maclin or Crabtree in the 1st.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they go with Raji, Orakpo or WR in the 1st round now (in that order).

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:10 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
I think they go with Raji, Orakpo or WR in the 1st round now (in that order).
agreed. Dont rule out Maclin either. You never know Al Davis. But if Crabtree lands to them, I fully expect al to pull the trigger on him. No doubt about it.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:21 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good signing...maybe. Barnes went from promising to mediocre pretty damn quickly.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:03 AM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Why the hell did the Jags not resign him? Jesus, they are going backwards. Ever since their run when they beat the Steel in 2007 and then lost to the Pats they have been going backwards. What the hell are they doing?
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oakland is a run-first team, for sure, so I'm actually hoping Barnes can beat out Super Mario on the left side. That three-helmeted running attack should be something special next season if this line can hold up. Run DMC healthy for a full season will be an intimidating matchup in the backfield and slot and Bush/ Fargas should be able to wear down opponents pretty good. Raji would be the BEST pick now so let's hope Al pulls the trigger there. Signs point to Oakland being a team on the rise, but I'll refrain from any more optimism until we actually do something on the field. I like the one-year deal, Al must’ve learned a thing or two from last offseason.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good signing. Allows us to address another position in round 1, although we still need OL help.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ever since I saw Barnes on the FA list, I wanted him to goto the Raiders. Cool.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
Why the hell did the Jags not resign him? Jesus, they are going backwards. Ever since their run when they beat the Steel in 2007 and then lost to the Pats they have been going backwards. What the hell are they doing?
There was no interest between either party for him to come back to Jacksonville. He hated it there and stunk it up in a contract year. No thank you.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote