Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-15-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Yeah my friends brother has that. Either that or just set up a playlist of 60 1 minute snips of songs.

And you don't need 60 glasses all prefilled (though that would be pretty cool looking). Just fill back up after each song is over :D.
IPowerHOur. It is a program that works with Itunes and changes the song every minute, and in between each song Homer says something about drinking. It also estimates your BAC after each drink.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what kind of beer? mmmm

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
what kind of beer? mmmm
Well, I am cheap, so I was thinking Keystone Light. I dont know what others come in 30 packs off the top of my head. I know Lone Star and a number of other cheap beer comes in 24 packs but I am looking for 30.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Well, I am cheap, so I was thinking Keystone Light. I dont know what others come in 30 packs off the top of my head. I know Lone Star and a number of other cheap beer comes in 24 packs but I am looking for 30.
You're going to drink 30 beers in a day?
I KNOW IT ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
You're going to drink 30 beers in a day?
That's the plan.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If there are no girls then you fail
Old 03-15-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.I KNOW IT ALL is a cocksman.

Quote:
That's the plan.
Good luck with that...
Old 03-15-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
a case of busch is 12.99 by me
Old 03-15-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I was at Ft. Polk, we would play this drinking game called "Towers".
Every beer you drank, you were able to put the can in another person's room (on the floor only). If you moved the cans placed in your room - you lost. We had two man rooms (4 rooms to a floor) so you can imagine how many cans that would come to between Friday evening and Monday morning. Me and my "room-dog" always started a barricade in front of the bathrooms of our floor-mates.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
When I was at Ft. Polk, we would play this drinking game called "Towers".
Every beer you drank, you were able to put the can in another person's room (on the floor only). If you moved the cans placed in your room - you lost. We had two man rooms (4 rooms to a floor) so you can imagine how many cans that would come to between Friday evening and Monday morning. Me and my "room-dog" always started a barricade in front of the bathrooms of our floor-mates.
Reminds me of the drinking game called Wizard Staff.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have my full attention - please explain.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
You have my full attention - please explain.
Per Urban Dictionary:
Wizard Staff is a drinking game in which participants consume 12 oz. cans of beer. One begins the game by simply consuming a 12 oz. can of beer. Upon consumption, the bottom of a second 12 oz. can of beer is duct-taped to the top of the consumed 12 oz. can of beer. This process continues until one has what appears to be a Wizard's Staff.

Also, if you have more cans than another person (but no less than 8 cans) and you hit them with your staff, they have to drink a whole can in front of you. The goal is to have the largest staff.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Oh and I am curious, what day this coming week would be good for having the most people on the site? This is my spring break week and I assume that several of you are on spring break. I want to do this Case Day while on NFLDC the whole time and would prefer if the maximum people were on here haha.

I was thinking I would start a thread where I would post in said thread to keep everyone updated on how I am doing haha.

Thoughts?

Old 03-15-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
1 case per person is insane. Over a 12 hour span, it seems possible. Fun stuff.

Theres this other competition (something called the great american...?) where you have 4 people teams and the fastest team to finish a 30 pack, an 8th of weed, and a certain amount of pizza (forgot how much. probably a lot). That would be insane.
We call it a "3 by 4". Because you get 4 to a team and have to finish all 3 things. And it's a whole pie.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Just do it when ever. My Spring Break week starts April 10th.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh and I am curious, what day this coming week would be good for having the most people on the site? This is my spring break week and I assume that several of you are on spring break. I want to do this Case Day while on NFLDC the whole time and would prefer if the maximum people were on here haha.

I was thinking I would start a thread where I would post in said thread to keep everyone updated on how I am doing haha.

Thoughts?
My main days will be Tuesday or Friday.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
My main days will be Tuesday or Friday.
Tuesday sounds like a good one but I think that Wednesday is most likely. I'll let everyone know before hand. At first, I was worried about doing this but in my head I realized that it's a beer every 24 minutes. I think I can handle that, so long as I dont get on facebook and stay only on NFLDC.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

Quote:
Tuesday sounds like a good one but I think that Wednesday is most likely. I'll let everyone know before hand. At first, I was worried about doing this but in my head I realized that it's a beer every 24 minutes. I think I can handle that, so long as I dont get on facebook and stay only on NFLDC.
Drinking 30 beers is almost assuredly going to leave you in a state somewhere between being violently ill and dead. You're essentially planning to drink more than a 40 ounce bottle of 40% alcohol, which is an insane amount of alcohol to consume.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Drinking 30 beers is almost assuredly going to leave you in a state somewhere between being violently ill and dead. You're essentially planning to drink more than a 40 ounce bottle of 40% alcohol, which is an insane amount of alcohol to consume.
Over a 12 hour period its really not that insane. Sure the hangover will suck in the morning but it can be done by an experienced drinker.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Well, if I pace myself, I should be fine. The average person's liver can handle one beer per every 50lbs an hour. So, a 150 lbs person could do 3 beers an hour. I weight 165lbs and have a pretty decent tolerance for alcohol. One beer every 24 minutes doesnt seem that bad to me.

Obviously, I wouldn't force myself to drink more if I didnt think it was safe to continue. Also, there are three of us living here and one isnt going to participate, so if there is a need for someone to supervise, we have someone.

Also, as sad as it is to admit, I have a pretty decent tolerance since all there is to do in College Station is drink.

Oh, and I plan do drink at least a glass of water every hour.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

Quote:
Well, if I pace myself, I should be fine. The average person's liver can handle one beer per every 50lbs an hour. So, a 150 lbs person could do 3 beers an hour. I weight 165lbs and have a pretty decent tolerance for alcohol. One beer every 24 minutes doesnt seem that bad to me.

Obviously, I wouldn't force myself to drink more if I didnt think it was safe to continue. Also, there are three of us living here and one isnt going to participate, so if there is a need for someone to supervise, we have someone.

Also, as sad as it is to admit, I have a pretty decent tolerance since all there is to do in College Station is drink.

Oh, and I plan do drink at least a glass of water every hour.
It doesn't sound like much to do 3 beers an hour but it will once you're 20 beers deep, especially for a relatively small guy. You'll be hard pressed to fit all that beer into your stomach, especially with your plan of drinking water on top of it.

Anyways, not trying to bum you out, just be aware that your day will likely end terribly. :P
Old 03-15-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did you take into account the amount of alcohol the body releases per hour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Tolerance is a huge factor. If you are a power drinker, a case isn't that much.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Did you take into account the amount of alcohol the body releases per hour?
Yes. It's typically less than a beer an hour. If you drink a 26er in a night chances are you're blackout drunk. If you drink a 40...I'm not even sure you'd live to tell about it.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
I KNOW IT ALL
Rookie

Quote:
Tolerance is a huge factor. If you are a power drinker, a case isn't that much.
Who do you people drink with? I don't think I've ever met a single person who would describe drinking a full case of beer as "not that much".