Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Can the Panthers get on the phone about Leinart already?

Leinart obviously hasn't found his groove in the pass heavy system over in Arizona, and with Warner's new contract he's not going to be doing much.

Carolina has Delhomme who they should be ready to part ways with (sorry Blindsite), and a strong as hell running game and defense, and a good O-line. Leinart can move the chains for them.

Am I crazy or is this a good fit? Leinart right now is probably pretty cheap; this isn't a trade that involves Peppers or anything. Thoughts?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peppers to the Cardinals for Leinart and a draft pick? Who knows. Carolina desperately needs a young QB and the Cards need pass rushers. I guess a lot of it would have to do with cap numbers and such. Obviously.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=30978

:)

It would potentially be a smart move for the Panthers, but unless and until Leinart starts bitching, the Cards have no reason to move him. A more than adequate backup who likely isn't being paid that much since he hasn't seen the playing time to hit incentives.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be a very good fit for Leinart. I doubt Peppers would be involved. Maybe they trade there 3rd and future pick depending on how he does for him

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
That would be a very good fit for Leinart. I doubt Peppers would be involved. Maybe they trade there 3rd and future pick depending on how he does for him
Something like, their 3rd this year and:

2010 conditional 4th

Upgrades to a 3rd if he takes the majority of the snaps at QB, a 2nd if the Panthers make the playoffs with him, and a 1st if they make the Superbowl with him.

But, like I said above, the Cards have no reason to trade him out right now. Great backup who is probably being paid rather cheaply because he isn't being given a chance to earn any of the incentives in his contract.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Cards value Leinart a lot more than a 3rd and a conditional. They spent the 7th overall pick on the guy and they still think he is the quarterback of the future. I personally think that unless a team blows them away with an offer Leinart won't be moved any time soon.

I think it will be good for him that they are not rushing him and he will turn out to be a solid NFL QB. He seemed to be dealing with maturity issues early in his career and after reading a few articles about him in the past few weeks it seems he is comfortable with his role on the Cards and waiting for his opportunity. He should be a good fit in Arizona's offense when Warner is gone.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Leinart obviously hasn't found his groove in the pass heavy system over in Arizona, and with Warner's new contract he's not going to be doing much.

Carolina has Delhomme who they should be ready to part ways with (sorry Blindsite), and a strong as hell running game and defense, and a good O-line. Leinart can move the chains for them.

Am I crazy or is this a good fit? Leinart right now is probably pretty cheap; this isn't a trade that involves Peppers or anything. Thoughts?
I don't know. It seems like a good idea, but I thought it was a good idea for them to give David Carr a second chance too. Carr with his arm behind Carolina's much better than Houston offensive line and Steve Smith deep? I thought that was a recipe for a comeback and it just wasn't.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
AussieBoy
Rookie

AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.AussieBoy is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
I think the Cards value Leinart a lot more than a 3rd and a conditional. They spent the 7th overall pick on the guy and they still think he is the quarterback of the future. I personally think that unless a team blows them away with an offer Leinart won't be moved any time soon.

I think it will be good for him that they are not rushing him and he will turn out to be a solid NFL QB. He seemed to be dealing with maturity issues early in his career and after reading a few articles about him in the past few weeks it seems he is comfortable with his role on the Cards and waiting for his opportunity. He should be a good fit in Arizona's offense when Warner is gone.
I couldn't agree more. In 2 seasons time Warner will be gone and the Cards will need a QB (if Warner doesn't decide to pull the pin after next season).
Leinart's time on the bench has given him the opportunity to move beyond the "Hollywood" knocks.
AussieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way AZ lets Leinart go that cheap. Even if he hasn't done anything on the field yet(hasn't even started a full year), you don't just trade a 7th overall pick for a 3rd or 4th without letting him prove himself.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see Arizona trading him. He is very low value wise right now, Warner ain't going to play more than a year or two and Leinart is the QB of the future in the desert.

He would be a great pick-up for Carolina though, so they sure should try to get him.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
No way AZ lets Leinart go that cheap. Even if he hasn't done anything on the field yet(hasn't even started a full year), you don't just trade a 7th overall pick for a 3rd or 4th without letting him prove himself.
10th overall pick.

As for the person who mentioned that Carolina would be a good fit for him. How isn't Arizona a great fit? How is it that he sucked with that supporting cast?

Leinart is a bust.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieBoy View Post
I couldn't agree more. In 2 seasons time Warner will be gone and the Cards will need a QB (if Warner doesn't decide to pull the pin after next season).
Leinart's time on the bench has given him the opportunity to move beyond the "Hollywood" knocks.
In two years time, Matt Leinart will be a 28 year old unproven QB entering the final year of his rookie contract.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post

I want a new QB and not just because of the playoff game that occurred recently.

I don't really think Leinart's the best option, though I think he can and one day will be an effective QB in the NFL, I don't think that Carolina's system is the best one for him to flourish in.

To be honest the QB I most would like to see brought in for a looksie is Derek Anderson. He's big, relatively young, has some decent experience and despite some accuracy woes could be effective in Carolina.

He'd be re-uinted with the guy who pushed for him to get a starting shot in cleveland in the first place and also with the quarterback's coach who managed to turn him into an effective (relatively) passer.

Anderson wouldn't necessarily be an upgrade as a straight up switch out for Delhomme, probably it would be the same passer under centre, but at least Anderson has the higher upside and is less likely to fumble or throw picks in bunches.

If I had my way I'd have a QB coach who can develop talent and I'd be taking a serious look at Bohmar or I would've drafted someone a year or two ago ready to go in. Fox for some reason doesn't like drafting early QBs. There's been a lot of scouting for White though so who knows whats coming.

I don't think Arizona would want to give up leinart and even if they did he wouldn't be a great fit.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:41 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
In two years time, Matt Leinart will be a 28 year old unproven QB entering the final year of his rookie contract.
Matt Cassel waves at you from Kansas City while he receives his post-dated signing bonus check.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:38 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I want a new QB and not just because of the playoff game that occurred recently.

I don't really think Leinart's the best option, though I think he can and one day will be an effective QB in the NFL, I don't think that Carolina's system is the best one for him to flourish in.

To be honest the QB I most would like to see brought in for a looksie is Derek Anderson. He's big, relatively young, has some decent experience and despite some accuracy woes could be effective in Carolina.

He'd be re-uinted with the guy who pushed for him to get a starting shot in cleveland in the first place and also with the quarterback's coach who managed to turn him into an effective (relatively) passer.

Anderson wouldn't necessarily be an upgrade as a straight up switch out for Delhomme, probably it would be the same passer under centre, but at least Anderson has the higher upside and is less likely to fumble or throw picks in bunches.

If I had my way I'd have a QB coach who can develop talent and I'd be taking a serious look at Bohmar or I would've drafted someone a year or two ago ready to go in. Fox for some reason doesn't like drafting early QBs. There's been a lot of scouting for White though so who knows whats coming.

I don't think Arizona would want to give up leinart and even if they did he wouldn't be a great fit.

Well if you don't like, or want Matt Moore anymore, you can just hand his ass right back and we'll gladly continue grooming him as Romo's back-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:10 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Well if you don't like, or want Matt Moore anymore, you can just hand his ass right back and we'll gladly continue grooming him as Romo's back-up.
I don't mind Matt Moore, but I'd like to see more of him. He was decent in limited action, but I wish he got all the games Delhomme missed so we knew if we had something there.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:27 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Yeah. that's the worst part! And if he does go to different team now has to learn a whole new system, with new coaching staff, and play with new players. So that's not a sure thing. Somehow he has to win the job in Arizona, since he probably knows that system as good as anything.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
ShyneQuasiOG22
Rookie

ShyneQuasiOG22 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As a Panther fan I would much rather see Carolina offer Peppers in a deal for Jay Cutler. With all that's going on in Denver I think it's something that would make sense. Peppers wants to play 3-4, Denver is switching over to 3-4, and Carolina really needs a new QB.
ShyneQuasiOG22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Matt Cassel waves at you from Kansas City while he receives his post-dated signing bonus check.
Matt Cassel's 2008 season waves back.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyneQuasiOG22 View Post
As a Panther fan I would much rather see Carolina offer Peppers in a deal for Jay Cutler. With all that's going on in Denver I think it's something that would make sense. Peppers wants to play 3-4, Denver is switching over to 3-4, and Carolina really needs a new QB.
hm I think this is an intriguing little notion, but ultimately way too nifty to ever actually happen. Delhomme+Peppers for Cutler? maybe a pick in there somewhere for somebody?

I mean GET OUT this is the Leinart thread nooo Matty why are you busting go to Carolina they will save you.

CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

It should be an attractive option for any QB looking for a job, which is probably why ESPN is reporting Losman is coming for a visit.

You get to throw to two receivers, Steve Smith and a guy who managed 800+ yards and two running backs who were the most productive tandem in the NFL.

Not to mention an offensive line that has two very good tackles and an interior that has at least 3 seasons left together.

3 years with a good line, great running backs and an all pro wide receiver isn't a tough sell.