Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Petitgout and Bucs

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Didn't see it mentioned yet. Heck of a solid move by the Bucs, I think.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice signing for them. They need all the help they can get on the Offensive Line.

The Chief.
Eric Church - Smoke A Little Smoke
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see the money before I comment. Giving guys coming off major injuries large signing bonuses is never a good idea, I don't care how desperate you are.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Good signing....

Cutting him was the only move I have been against this far for Reese.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Good signing....

Cutting him was the only move I have been against this far for Reese.
Who is the Giants starting LT going to be btw?

The Giants reak oddly of a team looking to rebuild, considering all the players they've shipped out for nothing in return as of late.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

The Giants reak oddly of a team looking to rebuild, considering all the players they've shipped out for nothing in return as of late.
Diehl will likely move to LT and compete there with Whimper and if Whimper progresses the way the coaching staff talked about, he'll get a shot and Diehl stays inside.

And I am starting to think this may be a rough year for the Giants as well. I am glad though that we are not getting caught in the spending spree, Reese is being very economic with his approach.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-06-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

As of right now, we have David Diehl at LT. He played LG for us last year, had a PB caliber year at LG. He played LT for us on one game, that was the game Tiki rushed for like 180 against the skins. But still, he had alot of trouble in pass protection.

Its a huge gamble, it will either pay off great, or be a huge mistake. With Eli's mechanic issues reemerging when we lost Petitgout, I don't know if this was a good idea. Its no coincidence that once our LT went down, Eli started throwing off his backfoot again.

Guy Whimper might start next year, but I don't think he's ready, nor was I ever a big believer in him. Not exactly a good situation right now.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 03-06-2007 at 10:39 AM. Reason: wanted to add some stuff
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is he gonna play guard at tackle? He is probably best suited for RT. He was a little out of position for us.

I'm just glad he didn't go to the Skins. Now the possibility of him biting us in rear twice a year is gone.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Is he gonna play guard at tackle? He is probably best suited for RT. He was a little out of position for us.

I'm just glad he didn't go to the Skins. Now the possibility of him biting us in rear twice a year is gone.
They have Trueblood at RT, so I think theyre gonna use him at LT. He's nto a great LT, but a solid RT, so I think it could potentially bite them in the butt.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Theres a new GM in place. I think that we are trying to retool a little bit, but stay competitive at the same time.

I think we should be in the playoff hunt next year and win from 8-10 games (although who really knows at this point). We have a fairly easy schedule next season.

I also didnt like releasing Pettigout.

But if Jacobs plays well and our recievers hold up, we could have a good year. The Defense has holes, but I think that a lot of it had to do with Tim lewis being our Defensive Coordinator (especially regarding the secondary)

Last edited by GiantRutgersFan : 03-06-2007 at 11:51 AM.
GiantRutgersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the bucs signing Petitgout would pave the way for CJ to go there, now even Joe Thomas falling to them won't prevent the bucs.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

CJ will be well gone by the time the Bucs pick.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The way I look at it is, while Petitgout isn't a great LT, he is an upgrade from Anthony Davis. This allows them to potentially slide Davis and his size inside, and perhaps move Joseph to center, and potentially removing OL as a possibility. That allows them to either be more aggressive in addressing their defense, or be more aggressive in moving up for Calviin Johnson, because as it stands now, I'm not sure Johnson is there either (with Detroit looking a strong option). Raiders could actually have trade options now ... or the Buccaneers could look at adding say, Gaines Adams or Amobi Okoye.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good signing by the Bucs. Basically takes away any possibility of them drafting Joe Thomas.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

I don't think Joe Thomas would've fell to them anyways. If he's not gone in the top 2 spots, I think Cleveland will jump on him.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Moving David D over or trying out Guy Whimper. No we just undoing the crud that Ernie Accorsi had done throughout the last 3 years or so. Reese wants the team younger on bothsides of the ball
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

As for the Giants, I think cutting Petitgout, from an organizational perspective in regards to efficiency, is fine. But this is a critical year in Eli's developmental process, and gambling on Diehl/Whimper at LT is a big risk. I expect them to make a play for a 2nd tier veteran tackle and to perhaps bring someone in the draft, although probably not early, to provide for competition. Perhaps someone like Brandon Frye in the midrounds, who could also provide some depth inside.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
magicfan39126
Rookie

magicfan39126 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, its 3 years, 6 million.
WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

What a steal for Tampa.

2 million a year for a player that is easily better than Leonard Davis.
magicfan39126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicfan39126 View Post
WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

What a steal for Tampa.

Wow. I gotta say that it was a terrible move for us to let him go. I didnt like it then, I hate it now
Old 03-06-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicfan39126 View Post
WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

What a steal for Tampa.

Yeah but now depends on his leg, back spasms, and false starts. That's good if he can show he can be healthy. It is a risk move, but for that much I would do it too. Much better than what we were paying him.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just thought it was a matter of time, great move for them, seems like there tryign to head in the right direction
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
magicfan39126
Rookie

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511
Old 03-06-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
magicfan39126
Rookie

Bucs are quietly doing a very nice job in FA, while (unlike other teams) keeping their salary cap friendly for future seasons.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Wow. I gotta say that it was a terrible move for us to let him go. I didnt like it then, I hate it now
Except we weren't paying him that money. We were paying him a lot more. They said after we cut him the Giants were definately willing to talk about re-signing him at a lower cost. But Luke took it very personal we cut him in the first place.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Except we weren't paying him that money. We were paying him a lot more. They said after we cut him the Giants were definately willing to talk about re-signing him at a lower cost. But Luke took it very personal we cut him in the first place.
Yup....

Peitgout was due to make over $6 million per year for the next 2 seasons.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED