Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-16-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Twitter

I have been hearing a lot of people talking about twitter recently... Does anyone use it?
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
I have been hearing a lot of people talking about twitter recently... Does anyone use it?
I use it pretty sparingly. A lot of my friends aren't on it and it just seems like a glorified status update from Facebook to me.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
Me too. 2 weeks ago I never heard of this thing but suddenly it's everywhere: TV, newspaper, EVERY internet site.

It's like some random conspiracy that's being forced on me.

I do think it's a cool idea though. Quick, simple updates are really beneficial for a lot of people/groups/companies.

But why does it all have to rain down on me so abruptly?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Concur with all of the above. I am hoping someone uses this though as I'd love to know the benefits of it above simple text messages and/or Email??? What is the point?
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
What is the point?
I am told it is just like Facebook status updates, which is to say, there is no point. It's literally telling people what you are doing/thinking. It's worthless.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

twitter is for girls!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I am told it is just like Facebook status updates, which is to say, there is no point. It's literally telling people what you are doing/thinking. It's worthless.
Updating your thoughts is pointless, but there are benefits. You can update what you're doing/where you're going and makes coordination easier.

This is especially true for someone who's trying to communicate with a large group of people, as facebook is only accessible if you have an account/are friends with the person. With twitter you can send out free messages to everyone that's interested.

You can do this with Myspace but it's not as convenient.

For example, if you're an amateur draft analyst with a cult following of fans, you can update your twitter every time you're streaming online and people will know that they can go watch.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-16-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
For example, if you're an amateur draft analyst with a cult following of fans, you can update your twitter every time you're streaming online and people will know that they can go watch.
are you referring to yourself?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Updating your thoughts is pointless, but there are benefits. You can update what you're doing/where you're going and makes coordination easier.

This is especially true for someone who's trying to communicate with a large group of people, as facebook is only accessible if you have an account/are friends with the person. With twitter you can send out free messages to everyone that's interested.
Call the people like a normal human being then. Don't get it at all. This isn't saving time. It's just giving people another thing to check to make them feel important. Pointless.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
are you referring to yourself?
Not at all, I was actually thinking of something else but I altered the story to make it relevant to this site.

Plus who would actually spend an hour+ of their time to watch some random dude talk about the draft....go do your own research in that time period.

But good joke.

sig by BoneKrusher
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You can do this with Myspace but it's not as convenient.

So does everyone else have to have twitter also? What I mean is that when you send out the message, where does it go? To their Email? Phone? I don't get it..
Old 03-16-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Call the people like a normal human being then. Don't get it at all. This isn't saving time. It's just giving people another thing to check to make them feel important. Pointless.
You're gonna call/text hundreds of people? That takes a lot of time, money and effort.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-16-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're gonna call/text hundreds of people? That takes a lot of time, money and effort.
How many of us have to coordinate things with hundreds of people?

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-16-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So does everyone else have to have twitter also? What I mean is that when you send out the message, where does it go? To their Email? Phone? I don't get it..
All I know is that the person's twitter page is accessible for free. I don't know about auto-updates on your phone/email but you probably have to make an account to do that.

Another example: Bryce Brown updates his touring schedule, recruiting stories and thoughts. No need to pay for your own webpage and domain....just make a twitter account.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-16-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
How many of us have to coordinate things with hundreds of people?
Not everyday people....groups, organizations, companies, performers, etc.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-16-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

<---- signing up for Twitter right now...
Old 03-16-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Not everyday people....groups, organizations, companies, performers, etc.
I'm sorry, but I just don't see the point in that. Those entities have NEVER had problems putting things of that nature together. There's always ways to get the word out. Ways similar to this even. Just seems like a big fad.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-16-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I just don't see the point in that. Those entities have NEVER had problems putting things of that nature together. There's always ways to get the word out. Ways similar to this even. Just seems like a big fad.
It's just an extra resource. There's nothing incorrect with what you said, however twitter helps that extra bit, so why not?

A band can update their official site, fanpage, myspace and twitter along with countless other promotional resources. Every resource counts.

You might not see it as an invaluable ingenious creation (I don't either), but it has it's benefits and doesn't hurt anyone.

It's definitely a big fad, but it's not all bad. It's convenient and accessible, which many people like. In fact, this generation is all about making everything easier and concentrated: tabbed browsing, facebook, youtube, etc.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-16-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
<---- signing up for Twitter right now...
I will be today after work!!!!!!!!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
It's definitely a big fad, but it's not all bad. It's convenient and accessible, which many people like. In fact, this generation is all about making everything easier and concentrated: tabbed browsing, facebook, youtube, etc.
Eh, social technology as a whole is pretty god damned destructive as a whole. This one just seems particularly pointless. The problem with the entire another resource for organizations thing is that eventually leads to over saturation and makes information more esoteric and harder to access. We're already seeing a bit of that already.

The social aspect of this is flatout pointless. If you're so curious about what someone is doing, why not just ask? Just seems like another way for people to make themselves feel important.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-16-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Ok I just signed up. my username is HollywoodPrime (everything was taken!) so now what? Someone twitter me. I had to change my name though as I just realized anyone can see it...
Old 03-16-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Eh, social technology as a whole is pretty god damned destructive as a whole. This one just seems particularly pointless. The problem with the entire another resource for organizations thing is that eventually leads to over saturation and makes information more esoteric and harder to access. We're already seeing a bit of that already.

The social aspect of this is flatout pointless. If you're so curious about what someone is doing, why not just ask? Just seems like another way for people to make themselves feel important.
DUHHHHH??????? Everyone wants to be a superstar today. This is like the #1 reason why I don't have facebook, myspace, upload youtube videos, etc.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-16-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Trent Reznor is my friend, btw...he keeps tweeting me. We are buddies.

EDIT: he just told me he's not wearing any pants. Not sure I like this tweet thing.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have an issue of Wired Magazine, of June 08 i believe, that has a huge article on some random girl gaining huge internet celebrity status using Twitter. It basically explained all the details and what not. It has been pretty popular for quite a while.

Personally i wouldn't bother with it, i communicate with my friends pretty easily through MySpace and Facebook, no need to get an account on Twitter just to update my status every 10 minutes. Besides, i think that would get kinda annoying.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was reading some php articles today...and ran across how to implement twitter on a page....haha how ironic.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote