Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 03-17-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
nyqua
Rookie

nyqua hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Charles Scott playing FB for LSU?

Ridley was working as a first-team tailback for the first two practices of the spring, with Charles Scott sliding into Ridley’s “old” fullback position.

From CFT.com

A lot of people here really liked Scott. Why is he being moved to FB? Unless LSU's FB is different than a normal one...
nyqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
CantStopGregJones
Rookie

CantStopGregJones hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll be PO'd if this is a permenate thing. Keiland Williamsand Charles Scott are ridiculously talented and perform well everytime they get a good amount of carries, and Les Miles keeps Fing with success. I'd call him an idiot, but he still wins. I'm begining to believe LSU wins despite Miles rather than because of him.
CantStopGregJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Jacob Hester was the "fullback", so if Scott is used like he was, he'll get plenty of carries, and will continue to flourish.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Turbeauxdog
Rookie

Turbeauxdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Charles Scott played some fullback last year. The only options we have at fullback this year are Scott, Ridley and a true freshman who won't be here until August. It will only make him a better football player because he'll become a better blocker. He is still going to lead the team in carries and score a ton of TDs.

Also, blocking is easier on the body than rushing. Delivering a blow creates much less wear and tear than receiving one.

Our primary set is single back, 1TE 3 WR. So he will be the back in that set. When we go I or Big, you could see him at FB.
Turbeauxdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB - Jordan Jefferson
RB - Keiland Williams
RB2/FB - Charles Scott

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Staggart
Rookie

Staggart smells like sex panther.

yeah hester was a fb/hb hybrid and had alot of success. He looked good this year too for SD. Maybe LSU is breeding scott for further success in the NFL than just filling him with false hopes of nfl?
Staggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charles Scott is my favorite back in college football. I hope this doesn't hurt his production.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll still be a great prospect for the NFL even if he does play FB all year, but pretty much like everyone said Hester was a FB last year for them and got plenty of carries...LSU has some talented guys in the backfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

It's a package they ran a little bit last year; he'll still get the ball even as a fullback, it just gives them more options to run the ball when they can have both he and Williams back there.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure he will play a bit of both.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

I should probably clarify what I said, because looking at it now it looks like I said he's moving full-time.

He'll still be the #1 as far as I know, there's just a package they're fooling with (that they ran a bit last year) where he slides up a little bit and plays fullback because he's so damn big. It's like an option package or something.

LSU runs 3 wide-single back sets about half the time, so the fullback isn't really used all that much to begin with.

Last edited by TigerBait45 : 03-22-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keiland Williams always looks like the best back imo when he gets to play, he must be a lazy practice player or something because he has to be in Miles dog house to not get more pt.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

Williams is the best athlete LSU has at running back but he still has problems hitting holes correctly and hard. If he can bounce it outside he's money, because he's big and FAST, but he tends to have problems going north and south.