Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strange move by Baltimore. I thought Atlanta was a more likely destination for L.J. Smith.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Strange move by Baltimore. I thought Atlanta was a more likely destination for L.J. Smith.
My sources tell me Atlanta likes TEs who can block and/or catch the ball.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Not a bad signing. Heap hasn't played well lately anyway.

Can we lock in Brandon Pettigrew to the Eagles at #21.
Assuming they don't trade it.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cam wanted another receiving type tight end, you've got to be joking if you don't think he's got plenty of tight end tricks in his bag. This is a good signing.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:54 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Well, there's goes one more need off of our list. This is what Ozzie likes to do before the draft so we can go BPA, and you can tell by his draft history that it works.

I kinda like the signing, but I'm more neutral on it than anything. Can any Eagles fan tell us BAL fans what his main strengths and weaknesses are?
Strengths: Athletic and has good speed and quickness for a TE, will stretch the field. Able to find holes in the dense's zone. (Stares at computer for about 2 minutes, thinking intently) That honestly is it.

Weaknesses: Runs poor routes, has lapses in concentration and his hands are either good or very bad. Poor Blocker, though he has improved in that area. Carries the ball like he wants to fumble it. (many times I've seen him running with the balllike he wants to throw it, but he's running and its down by his waist. He has actually fumbled just by himself on more than one occasion) Doesn't have the best attitude, but isn't a problem in the locker room. Will disappear in big moments. There is more, but those are the big ones...

Basically LJ Smith will always leave you expecting more. I'm sure him and Heap will battle it out, but expect another year of Heap starting Ravens fans. The signing itself isn't that bad for the Ravens, 1.5 mil isn't bad at all for him, and he will at least be solid depth. Maybe he'll be motivated and will play better, but he didn't do that the last two contract years he had in Philly...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:58 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
Assuming they don't trade it.
Doubt Pettigrew is chosen at 21, there is a guy by the name of Brent Celek, who totally beasted the last 8 games of our season (including playoffs) and could be the starter for us next year. Depending on how the team feels about him, TE might not be addressed until the later rounds for the Eagles as depth. We also might bring one in in the 2nd or 3rd round as competition for the starting spot. I'd say its most likely we bring in a guy for starting competition. Pettigrew isn't really that likely, considering our other major needs at LT, WR, RB. You can make an argument that S is a bigger need than TE as well.

Adn the Eagles don't just trade picks for the hell of it, they look for value, and if there is a player they view has value that they like at 21, they will pick one, if not, they will attempt to trade back. I don't get why some people assume the Eagles will always trade back, it all depends on the situation people...

Old 03-19-2009, 09:05 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Strengths: Athletic and has good speed and quickness for a TE, will stretch the field. Able to find holes in the dense's zone. (Stares at computer for about 2 minutes, thinking intently) That honestly is it.

Weaknesses: Runs poor routes, has lapses in concentration and his hands are either good or very bad. Poor Blocker, though he has improved in that area. Carries the ball like he wants to fumble it. (many times I've seen him running with the balllike he wants to throw it, but he's running and its down by his waist. He has actually fumbled just by himself on more than one occasion) Doesn't have the best attitude, but isn't a problem in the locker room. Will disappear in big moments. There is more, but those are the big ones...

Basically LJ Smith will always leave you expecting more. I'm sure him and Heap will battle it out, but expect another year of Heap starting Ravens fans. The signing itself isn't that bad for the Ravens, 1.5 mil isn't bad at all for him, and he will at least be solid depth. Maybe he'll be motivated and will play better, but he didn't do that the last two contract years he had in Philly...
I highly doubt that Smith will/would have started over Heap in the first place. It would surely be a poor thing to see if L.J. beats Heap out for the job, and if Heap has declined that much I expect us to go after TE early. I'm still crossing my fingers for Pettigrew (my favorite pick for the Ravens in the first).
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love Pettigrew but I want a WR more.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He carries the ball like a loaf of bread. It is actually pretty funny.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
He carries the ball like a loaf of bread. It is actually pretty funny.
Couldn't that be fixed with coaching though?
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Couldn't that be fixed with coaching though?
He's done it his entire career, he just doesn't give a **** if he fumbles or not. I'm sure he's been told countless times, he just doesn't care about it or doesn't know to do it when he is actually in there. I have no idea why, whenever I get the ball, on any level, first thing I do is make sure the thing is secure in my grasp, but hey, what do I know...

You can drill it in his head all you want, that isn't going to be fixed unless he gets a labotomy...